“A real possitive surprise”

Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran
Ranked #16 of 57 Hotels in Jimbaran
New York City
“A real possitive surprise”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

This is a real pleasant surprise, we stay at very high end places and this place is really fun. It does not promote the fact that you just walk out fifteen yards to tons of cute, nice beachfront restaurants, and their food is truly excellent (and about a third the price) on a really cute, quiet beach. The SPG marketing makes it sound like they are on a hill, but it is like 15 yards to a very cute beach. And frankly there is more to see in that area than in most five star resorts, more options for sure, so it is an extremely efficient location.
Roof Top Happy hour here was amazing. Excellent drinks and free topas? Like an executive lounge a bit. but outside and more gorgeous. (note pictures) I enjoyed it as much as the Anantara Seminyak for drinks, maybe more. New is great, all clean and nice, High End new fixtures, clean of course. Always love that. Location, very convenient, $6 to Seminyak.
We would definitely come back.
The service was outstanding, the value, extremely hard to beat. And that is compared to some real winners. It is like a mini-W hotel at a third of fourth the price. Hard to beat, impossible to complain :)

7 Thank toogoodtbt
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear toogoodtbt

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran.

What a pleasurable delight to read your review! Well it looks like we have ticked all the right boxes.
Not sure what else to say, except we are looking forward to welcome you back !

Thank you again for sharing your feelings with the world.

taskforce General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I stayed at the Lagoon Access Room that gave me direct access to private salt water lagoon pool and pool bar. My room was aqua themed and stylish, while retaining a Balinese influence. Very calming.

The bathroom is almost as big as the room, with a bathtub, separate rainforest shower and toilet, and large mirrors. If you’re a fan of bubble baths, you’ll love the bathtub at here as it is large enough to fit two adults comfortably.

Besides the signature restaurant Bamboo Chic, guests can check out WALA Gelato Parlour just next to Bamboo Chic. In the evening, check out Smoqee Lounge and Sky Bar for a view of the sunset in Jimbaran. On top of Bamboo Chic is Bamboo Lounge, a casual-chic place for drinks and nibbles.

Alternatively, you can choose to hang out at Latitude 8 Bar for wicked cocktails, evening tapas and coffee. I highly recommend the Kir Royale, made with champagne and blackcurrant liquor.

J Kids Club is great for your little ones to run and play, while you relax and enjoy by the pool or at the bar. I had a session at Serenity Spa and it helped me de-stress. :)

Overall, a great experience and the staff were friendly and helpful.

For more pictures and a full review: http://www.bangsarbabe.com/2013/04/le-meridien-bali-jimbaran-hotel-review.html

Room Tip: Definitely go for the Lagoon Access Suite. The corner rooms (Room 107-101) are nearer to the lagoon...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sue Lynn T
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear Sue Lynn T,

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

First of all thank you for your sweet review. I do agree that the lagoon access rooms are just unique, modern and still retain a touch of Bali. Isn't it amazing to be able to just go down to the lagoon from the balcony, go for a swim, stop at the pool bar for a rest, even go to the restaurant, then go back for another swim et voila! you are back in your room.

I am glad you enjoyed our venues and was even able to discover our Spa treatments and how appeasing they are.

All of this would not be of a value without our warm Balinese hospitality.

Once again Sue Lynn T, thank you for sharing your feelings with the world and I trust you will keep on considering us for your next journey to Bali.

UK
Reviewed April 19, 2013

If you like big fancy hotels - then this will be right up your alley. Personally I think there are better ways of taking in Bali, but if you are going to stay n the hotel or if, like us, you need somewhere to kip before you catch an early flight back home from the local airport - this place is great.

The hotel is well-decorated. It has only just been opened so it still look very up-to-date. I particularly liked that the pool snaked around all of the ground floor and that some rooms opened out straight onto it (though you wouldn't want one of those if you had kids).

When we were there is was still the soft-opening so they were extra specially anxious to please - which was nice but perhaps a bit overdone. We called room service for 500ml of milk for our son, and it appeared twice in two 250 ml jugs, five minutes apart, and then we had a phone call to make sure we received it (which I'm sure they could have established internally). Similarly the barmen (who made excellent martinis) confessed that they hadn't done it many times. I would never have guessed, I would say the dirty martini I had was world class and shaken to within an inch of its life - but you want your barman to be cool, not wondering if he made it okay.

But it is prudish to complain about their making too hard an effort, and I am sure that it is just nerves that will wear off as they get going. We had a good stay here.

Room Tip: If you are a couple - perhaps a room directly onto the pool might be good for night-time swims...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank acjwatt
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Dear acjwatt

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran.

First of all thank you for taking the time to review us.

I am glad you enjoyed our facilities and overall the property. Our salt lagoon is indeed a unique feature in the Resort and its 1300 sqm makes it very easy to swim all around, with a pit stop at the pool bar. Our lagoon access rooms are just a delight with direct access into the lagoon from the balcony.

It is always rewarding to read how our teams have been able to go the extra mile to look after you and as you rightfully say, we are in our early stages and do want to ensure that we receive feedback to help us evolve, grow and better our service delivery.

Thank you once again for sharing your feelings and should your travels fly you back to Bali, please do not hesitate to contact us!

Perth, Australia
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We have just retuned from our Bali mini-break and 4 days at Le Meridien. We had booked a pool access room, which I'd highly recommend. Our beautiful light and spacious room had its own deck and steps leading into the lovely lagoon pool. I just loved that pool and swam around it many times! The staff at the hotel were very friendly and I was addressed as Miss Catherine by absolutely everyone. I know the hotel is not yet 'officially' open and therefore not too busy, but it was nice that people bothered to know and remember who we were. I had a couple of massages whilst there which we're great and received a 20% discount as the spa is not yet opened. I wished it had been! The hotel is right near the BBQ fish restaurants in Jimbaran - literally a 30 second walk. Breakfast was included with our room - it was lovely, we barely knew where to start. My husband had roast suckling pig for breakfast! We also did complimentary canapés and happy hour overlooking the beach. I did give some feedback in person before we left about things that could be improved and it was welcomed with good grace. Hopefully the hotel and staff continue to enjoy working with their customers and remembering the little things!

Room Tip: Definitely recommend a lagoon access room.
3 Thank Catbate
LM_Bali, Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Catbate,

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran,

Wow, such a pleasure to read your review and thank you for sharing it with the world. We are indeed getting ready for our grand opening in May and I am glad that you have been able to fully enjoy your journey with us.

The lagoon access rooms are simply a must and did you know that our pool has a unique salt water lagoon spread over 1300 sqm! Feels like your private ocean!
Thank you Miss Catherine for your kind words and I will certaily convey them to my teams.

I trust we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran many times.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We have just stayed at the resort for a week and had the most amazing time at the Le Meridien. The staff are incredible and did everything to make our stay extremely enjoyable. They could not do enough for us and we were treated like royalty from the moment we arrived. It was so relaxing and the property is just the right size and beautiful. The room was lovely and we were finally happy to find accommodation that provides a very, very comfortable bed. We ate many times at the restaurant and had some incredible food. We also really enjoyed the food at the breakfast, they cater to many different tastes. A very special place and would go back again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear R B,

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

First of all thank you for taking the time to share your recent journey with us and for such a lovely review.
What a pleasure to read and share your feedback with my teams! This is exactly how it should feel.
It is not only about the infrastructure, or hardware as we call it, but as well about the people. Actually it is all about the people. I am very glad that our teams have left such a positive memory.

I trust you will keep on considering us for your next journey to Bali.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We stayed at the Le Meridien Jimbaran for 3 days for our Easter holiday on the SPG points + cash deal which still costs is USD180++ per night! Overall, its only a average hotel and here are the reasons:-

1. Nice Room!
The room is nice, new and clean. The lagoon view room has a nice view, the bathroom is clean and nice but it lacks a TV in it.

2. Smoke from the Jimbaran seafood restaurant next door is annoying!
Smoke from the Jimbaran seafood restaurant next to the beach caused the hotel to be smoky all the time! no fresh air. There were tones of smoke around the hotel starting from about 4 p.m. which is quite annoying! everytime you wish to just chill at the balcony, you will get deter by the smoky smell.

3. Not in full operation after about 4 months?
The hotel is not yet fully ready for operation! many places are still under constructions. Given that the hotel was opened back in Dec 2012, I thought when we come to stay at the hotel in April 2013 would be okay, but actually the hotel still experience some hiccups. For example, we have booked the spa at the hotel but when I hit the gym in the 2nd Floor, I realized that the Spa is still under constructions! Then I asked the reception staff about the spa, they told us that the Spa is still under construction and the hotel will provide spa treatment in room 315 which is the room next to the room where we are staying! Although the hotel offer a 25% discount, but I the discount should be 50% off given that the down-graded ambiance of the spa!!!! We end up cancelled the spa at the hotel and went to the Bamboo Spa by L'OCCITANE which is just round the corner and it was a extremely good spa!

4. Welcoming treats
Cupcakes are nice but nothing special really.

5. Not functioning Key Cards
Key cards are not working every evening when we are back at the hotel! I have to go to the reception and ask them to rectify the problem every time which is annoying!

6. NO beach nearby!
If you are looking for a beach side resort! this is not the place that you want to be!

7. Average hotel restaurant
we had lunch and dinner at the Bamboo Chic at the hotel, lunch is okay, nothing special! but the dinner is certainly below par! Firstly, the menu is hard to read! they arrange the food in terms of how it was cook, e.g. steam, grill... which is hard to understand. Secondly, I have ordered steak which costs about Rp 370 but it looks nothing like a dish from a hotel!!!! check out the pictures below! we had the similar dish at the Westin at nusa dua nearby, which is very nice and live up to the hotel standard! the hotel should improve in this aspect!!!!

8. No luggage storage facilities at the main entrance!
As you can see from the pictures below! the main entrance where taxi arrived is at the lower floor of the hotel, then there is a slope leading up to the hotel lobby! but at the main entrance, there is no luggage storage facilities which makes it time consuming when you have already checked out the hotel and you leave your luggage at the hotel to go for a walk / sightseeing before you go to the airport! If you are in a hurray to catch a plane back home! This lack of luggage storage facilities at the main entrance will certainly annoys you.

Conclusion: hotel got nice room and close to the Jimbaran seafood restaurant, the rest is only average.

Room Tip: Should try to get the rooms
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear KKKMo

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran.

First of all thank you for taking the time to share your recent journey with us and for your feedback.

I certainly regret to read about the challenges you faced and appreciate your comments.

We do have indeed great room facilities and they are quite spacious. Cleanliness being a must, it is good to read that we met your expectations on this.
Our location is indeed strategic in Jimbaran, where we are located a few steps away from the famous Jimbaran seafood restaurants. There are occasions were the grilled smell of seafood crosses the Hotel, which can trigger ones appetite. To remediate and minimize it we have build quite a tall glass wall in front of this area.

Moreover, our resort has quite a unique design, whereby the nearest beach is located just after the seafood restaurants. We have a 1300sqm free form pool which is actually filled with salt water, making one feel like in a lagoon, especially with the lagoon view lagoon access rooms and suites.
Our SPA is indeed in the midst of it final steps, hence we have converted rooms to accommodate the treatments and ensure that the experience remains at all time relaxing and unique.

The sense of arrival and departure is fully part of the experience. In fact upon arrival, you make the transition between a car to a buggy, which transports you up the driveway to our HUB, where our team welcomes you. Same for the departure and before going back to the civilization, a last ride into the buggy will escort you back to the arrival point. I do take note of your feedback and will review how we can manage the luggage process better.

I will follow with our culinary team in regards to your review and with our information technology manager for the key card issues you encountered.

KKKMo, thank you once again for sharing and I do believe that feedback will help the Hotel to evolve, grow and better its service delivery.

taskforce Hotel Manager
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I did not expect I would love this hotel so much (that I was planning to return with my friends while I was staying there). Open lobby that you can see the whole of resort, it's not a very big property so please do go there fast before they are crowded (I do personally recommend a trip there on low season). I love the all connected lagoon and my Lagoon Access Room on the ground floor (nice to be able to swim anytime). I've seen their Penthouse Suite with a Private Pool on level 2 which is great for hosting a private party (and only 4 of them, I believe). All the rooms are spacious with Lagoon view (except standard classic, so pay a little bit more is worth it).
The Spa room was not ready but they use a few of the rooms beside the lobby as temp Spa room and I had one of the best massages in Bali (for 90 enjoyable minutes~so comfortable that I felt asleep there and then). Ask for latest promotion! Recommedated.

It gets smokey when the BBQ at the beach starts, but nothing inside the room so it's ok.
Wide selection for breakfast but Sashimi is not fresh enough (which is quite a shame), strangely.

They serve Tapas in lobby at evening drinks time, buy a drink and get some free canapes!
Staff was attentive, friendly and always helpful, tried their very best to remember my name. It makes all the difference knowing someone will be available when you need it.

I would definately stay here again if I'm not heading other part of Bali (like Ubud in the north).

Room Tip: Lagoon Acess Room is first choice. If you want more privacy, Aqua Suite is great. Penthouse Suit...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank TabTap
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear TabTap

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

Wow, what a lovely review and such a pleasure to read. I have to agree with you on the layout of the resort. It is just unique and the view from the lobby is simply gorgeous. A real discovery. The Lagoon access rooms and villas are a treat. What a best way to start or end the day, than being able, from your balcony to jump in the water and go for a swim. And did you know that the pool is 1300 sqm and filled with salt water. Makes you feel like you have your own private ocean.

Thank you for your feedback and I will share it with my teams.

I trust you will indeed keep on considering for your next adventure to Bali

Taskforce General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jimbaran
RIMBA Jimbaran BALI by AYANA
INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort
AYANA Resort and Spa
AYANA Resort and Spa
#13 of 57 in Jimbaran

Been to Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran? Share your experiences!