“Poor value for money...”

Bamboo Spa by L'Occitane
Ranked #5 of 31 Spas & Wellness in Jimbaran
More attraction details
Owner description: Bamboo Spa by L'Occitane boasts 14 elegant treatment suites, all set in a peaceful and luxurious environment.We provide unique treatments, which combine products from L'Occitane in Southern France with techniques and philosophies from Bali and India. Let yourself be pampered from head to toe in the magical hands of our therapists. All of them are trained by overseas massage specialists and they will make you enjoy a moment of perfect relaxation.
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Poor value for money...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Compared to many other places in Bali that is, even spas in 4 or 5 star hotels. For over 200 US dollars you can treat yourself and a partner to a 90 minute spa treatment of various kinds - just choose from a menu. We came as a couple and chose one of the massage options. The massage was mediocre, although the products used were high quality L'Occitane offerings. For a real deep tissue massage there are far better and cheaper places in Bali. As with most "high end" spas in Bali it is all about being pampered - the staff are not trained physiotherapists and will leave the customer somewhat wanting at the end of the session.

Visited July 2013
3 Thank Roving_Expatriate
KKB_Management, Gérant at Bamboo Spa by L'Occitane, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Dear Roving_Expatriate,

Thank you for your visit of Bamboo Spa by L'Occitane. I am sorry that your massage didn't meet with your expectations. All our therapists have been with us since the opening of the spa and they have received continuous training from our in-house trainer, our spa manager, and from L'Occitane's dedicated therapist. I take note of your comment to improve the quality of our deep tissue massage and I hope that you can visit us again to measure by yourself our improvement.

Best regards from Jimbaran,

Thibaud

Hong Kong, China
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Value for Money!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

Good ambiance! good treatment! Should definitely try this spa! staff are nice and they offer you free transportation if spent more than USD200!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank KKKMo
Singapore, Singapore
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“Nice spa with the good facilities”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

I love L'Occitane products and I took up the massage here. It is in fact quite pricy compared with other spas in Bali I have visited. The place is nicely decorated filled with nice aroma. The massage session is good, but not the best one, but the oil they used is with very nice smell and soft on the skin.
I will probably not visit again if I am on budget, but I do not mind visiting if I want to splurge a bit for the spa session.
The time I visited, it was not the peak season and the place was quiet and relaxing.
All amenities they use are authentic L'Occitane products and I feld very pampered there. Good for all ladies looking for the place to get pampered.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank ManngaDua
Melbourne
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Nice place, nice staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

Loved our massage and the fact that they only used L'Occitane products were a plus for me and my sister since our skin are very sensitive, and we know that their products won't give us a reaction. Masseuse were very friendly and informative. Only downside was the masseuse that massaged my boyfriend couldn't speak English, and so they had a bit of a communication problem.

Visited February 2013
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Bamboo massage is a hit.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

I went to the spa and was immediately delighted with the appearance once inside. I was ushered to a very nice reception area and served with cold soursop juice, I had never had this before and it was very pleasing to the palate. I experienced a Balinese massage one day - amazing, and then later in the week indulged myself with the total Verbena package with bamboo massage. By local standards the package was much dearer than the little spa offering the 75000R for one hour massage, but well worth the price for 3 hours of total girl luxury.
The staff were pr.ofessional and very well trained. Upon completion of my package I was given a cup of green tea, and a small cake. The whole experience left me with a most wonderful feeling of well being and relaxation. I'd be going back here again if I am in the Jimaran Beach are in the future.

Visited September 2012