We stayed at a one-bedroom villa (Villa is called Kedondong) for 3 nights from 15 to 18 March. Our stay was generally pleasant.
- Near the Jimbaran Bay seafood area
- A little hard to find as there aren't any visable signages, only a small sign indicating to turn left into the small alley if you're coming from the airport
- Reliable and fast wifi in villa
- There was direct access from the pool to the shower area, which I appreciated because it meant we didn't have to walk dripping wet into the bedroom area.
- Bottled water provided (4 bottles a day for 2 people)
- Quiet place with lots of privacy
- Bed was quite comfy
- Mosquitoes!!!!! We lit several mosquito coils throughout our stay but we still got bitten
- General upkeep: you could see that there were water stains on the tap and some of the furniture and towels had small stains, but still acceptable overall if you're not fussy
- Water pressure from the shower head was inconsistent, and the water kept going from warm to cold and back to warm again. Quite annoying while taking a shower. On our last day, there was only a small trickle coming out from all the taps! This was attributed to maintenance work down on the next villa when we called to check
- The staff, while generally helpful, can't understand English very well. It was very difficult trying to communicate our needs to the staff. But they did help us rent a scooter and arrange for our spa session (be prepared to wait for half an hour at least as their therapists are not in-house but from elsewhere). We also told them to help us arrange to send us to the airport the night before we left, but they either didn't understand or forgot. Luckily they got us a taxi to the airport which cost 70,000 rupiahs, compared to the USD15 that we would have to pay if we took their pick-up service.
- There are 4 types of breakfast available every day - Western, Continental, Indonesian and Healthy. Breakfast is delivered to the villa. Food is not fantastic, but acceptable if you are just looking to fill your tummy. Our breakfast on the first day came half an hour late and this resulted in a very hurried breakfast as we had a driver waiting for us.
- There's a resident rooster somewhere and it'll start crowing at around 4am. Might disrupt your sleep if you're a light sleeper
I think there are lots of areas for improvement especially when it comes to communicating with the staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Astari Villa and Residence Welcome to My Home away From Home, The Astari Villa & Residence is located in Jimbaran hills , 5 minutes drive to Golden white sandy of Jimbaran sunset Beach and the popular beach front seafood restaurant, only 20 minutes drive from the Ngurah Rai Airport. Nestled in a strategic spot at Jimbaran, an area at the southern part of Bali known mainly for its beaches, cuisine and cultural enchantments, the Astari is endowed with a thick tropical environment green trees swaying in the breeze, and warm smiling people. Featuring two floor Balinese blend with Nature designed Residence , have Ten large Deluxe room, Four Suites with Terrace and Balcony, four Private pool villas, Large Swimming Pool stretch in front the residence, ASRI Resto & Bar, and the LESTARI Spa. Enhance the Balinese experience with the Genuine welcome from The Astari Family member, do morning jogging along the quite street to Jimbaran beach, sunbathing on pool deck while reading books or enjoy cocktails and Beer from our Bar, enjoy the Body treatment from well trained therapist at Lestari Spa and having meal at our ASRI Resto. Explore the jewel of Jimbaran , visit Garuda Wisnu Kencana cultural park, New Kuta Golf, Jimbaran sunset BBQ and sea food restaurant, Padang-Padang beach and the Kuta lifestyle only minutes drive from The Astari. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Astari - Villa and Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Astari - Villa And Residence Bali/Jimbaran