“Amazing place”

BALQUISSE Heritage Hotel
Ranked #14 of 58 Hotels in Jimbaran
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Thank you to all the staff at Villa Balquisse for making my stay the best. My stay was made special by the staff that go the extra mile for you. From the minute I walked into this piece of paradise I was made to feel like I was special from reception to the restaurant to the day spa.
The Henna Spa was sensational from the massages I had to the facials.
The restaurant Asam Garam was one of the best I have experienced in Bali with the freshest food from breakfast to dinner.

I wish I could have stayed longer ....thanks Again to all at Villa Balquisse.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Summer89_12

Reviewed May 26, 2013

The garden is so relaxing. The ambience is so beautiful. The staff are great. Made was a great help. He organized everything for me. I did not need to check things out as he does everything perfectly. It was a very relaxing holiday.
I enjoyed my stay at Villa Balquisse a lot. The food at the restaurant is also very good.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have only bath, no shower.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 22, 2013

its small. u cnt call it as a hotel. but give u all u need. its cozy and exotic decoration. everyroom hv different style. choose what u feel comfortable. i hv looked three rooms then decide which one i like,let me feel so good. if u want to pay a little bit more, u cn check the private rooms behind the main buildings. it is the most beautiful place i like. hv three rooms only. and one swimming pool. quite, privacy, we spend another two nitght there. only one word cn say, "amazing".

Room Tip: behind the main building
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 7, 2013

My partner and I have been staying here for the past ten years. There has never been an occasion when we have been disappointed. The ambience and aesthetics of the grounds, pool areas and interior design and styling are simply beautiful, yet all the while feeling like you are miles away from the outside world. On a personal note the spa is one of the most relaxing and satisfying of the many many spas we have visited throughout the world. It is simply high luxury and if you want a great massage and manicure don't forget to ask for Dewi. All in all it is a very reasonable price given the fees charged in the larger resorts on the Jimbaran strip. Each hotel room is unique in styling and design with delightful eclectic touches. For an overdose of luxury spoil yourself with a stay at the Shaba located next door on its palatial grounds and Private vistas and comfortable living areas within which to luxuriate and relax. Arriving at reception is always trouble free, relaxed and joyous, a tribute to the professionalism of Wayan, Astina and all the staff who make such a positive contribution to a great destination. Together they create and experience that saddens one when you have to leave and delights when you return.

Room Tip: All rooms are great
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This review is long overdue. Stayed 4 nights at Villa Balquisse in April 2012. This hotel is an oasis in the middle of the hustle and bustle. Every room is unique with extremely tasteful decorations from the bathrooms to the balconies. Everything has a luxurious yet down to earth feel to it. The grounds are beautifully kept, the staff is extremely helpful and the food is amazing, not to mention the dishes (pottery) the food is served in. The pools are wonderful and the afternoon tea/cake service is a delightful touch. I would gladly go back to Villa Balquisse and will recommend it to friends heading to Bali.

My only would-be-nicer issue was the distance from the beach but it's barely worth the mention.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Zsuzsanna M
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Beautiful grounds and pools, delicious food, unique rooms, and exceptional service! My wife and I truly loved the quiet paradise that is Villa Balquisse. I will (and have already) highly recommended Villa Balquisse to everyone I know planning a trip to Bali.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank abrabyn
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Two friends and myself arrived in Bali in a jaded state due to a week of travel thru Asia, and needed a quiet place to restore our senses. After extensive reasearch we chose Villa Balquisse, and in the lush grounds and lovely staff we found just what we were looking for!
What really sets this place apart is the relative quiet due to only having a few rooms instead of the "join the masses" resort style Intercontinental across the street, and most of all, the staff! Their cheerful attitude and willingness to do their best is what transforms an average experience into a great one! They arranged a trip to Gili T, did our laundry, stored our bags, came in an hour early just to make us breakfast before our early departure- all done with a smile and a sincere desire to please. Thank you staff for your excellent service!
Everything was spotless except one of two pools, and when we left they were cleaning it. Location was fine, in a little quieter location still very accessable with a smooth airport transfer included. The only thing I will call, is though it is near the beach, you need to walk all the long way around the nearby properties to gain access, so it is a bit of a walk.
All in all, an excellent choice, one of my most memoriable stays!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends