Belmond Jimbaran Puri(Jimbaran)
$377
$343
$222
$223
Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran(Jimbaran)(Great Value!)
$132
$116
LeMeridien.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $129/night.

$346
  • Pool
$211
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $254/night.

$503
$453
$281
$253
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $325/night.

$729
Hotels.com
1,798 results
All reviewsplunge poolsundara restaurantjimbaran baycoconut grovetaman wantilanoutdoor showerquiet poolcooking schooloutdoor living areabuggy servicebeach clubocean frontour honeymoonmain restaurantkids clubocean view villacold towels
Reviewed August 4, 2010

Having traveled throughout much of Asia and having had the good fortune to experience many of the "leading" hotels and resorts here, I can say without reservation that the Residences at the Four Seasons Bali at Jimbaran Bay epitomize the very best qualities of a blissful getaway.

The ten or so Residences were completed around 2003 and sit on a patch of thoughtfully landscaped garden next to the main FS Jimbaran Bay resort itself. The compound of residences (stand alone houses really) are hidden and walled-in with a lovely bamboo canopied lane for access just past a security post manned 24 hours a day. They range in size from two bedroom to four bedroom (only two units) with the three bedroom residence our choice for the week.

The only drawback of the Residences are that they are bordered by a road which sees noisy motorbike and larger vehicle traffic all day and night. This did keep us awake somewhat the first night (during the World Cup finals) but oddly we weren't bothered by the drone after. Another potential drawback is the distance to the main resort pool and restaurants, which require either a stroll or a golf cart ride. This was not an issue for our family of two adults, a 2 year old, a 6 year old and our two nannies as the proximity to the beach (20 steps from the garden door!) outweighed the slight distance.

The Residences are enormous with open air living and dining areas as well as a sunken sitting area set below the level of the Koi pond that surrounds much of the Residence. We would highly recommend the three bedroom units over the two as one gains about 1000sq meters (yes!) in living, pool and garden space. Our unit (#6) also has an air-conditioned entertainment room downstairs and another one adjoining the master bedroom that can be converted to very comfortable and private sleeping quarters for larger groups. The private pool, lined by teak loungers, a large bale and a raised and shaded seating area is also huge and occupies much of the courtyard. Our children spent much of the time in the aquamarine water.

In fact, our entire group spent almost all of our time in the Residence compound. As we had been to the normal villas in the resort before, we didn't feel compelled to explore every nook though we did venture a couple of days to the main pools and also took in the enchanting dance exhibition at the temple on the resort. While we ate at the delicious Warang Mie one evening, the rest of the meals were in the Residence. One genuinely got the feel of having one's own private villa yet benefited from all of the Four Seasons Resort
amenities. Room service, which we ordered at least 10 times for various meals, always arrived within 30 minutes and the orders were always correct despite some rather complex requests.

The Residences come with private butlers who live in a small apartment at the Residence so they are at your beck and call 24 hours a day. Rates also include a car and driver at your disposal 10 hours a day, though we didn't take advantage of this at all having been to Bali numerous times. All of the expected amenities were there and all worked: numerous large flat-screen TVs, espresso machine, Wi-Fi everywhere, instant hot water and tremendous pressure, etc. etc. Each bedroom had a separate claw-foot tub, an indoor shower and an outdoor shower (that's THREE outdoor showers!)

If you have young children, as mentioned, the Residences are just steps from the beach (which can be rough at high tide and can be rocky at low tide) where the entertaining Kid's Club is - with a perfect pool and playroom for little ones up to 7-8 or so. The restaurant at the beach is also very good. This public beach is relatively lively with a few resorts sharing the long, curving stretch but is a wonderful place to casually stroll and interact with local families in the early evenings. Our 6 year old played with several Balinese children on a couple of nights.

While the value of the Residences themselves are outstanding (especially for larger groups - e.g. 6-8 and up) as the hotel is offering (I believe through the end of 2010) a "buy 3 nights get 1 free, buy 6 get 2" promotion, ancillary costs can be extreme. Food quality was excellent at all outlets (except slightly sub-par at the main pool casual dining venue) but prices were very high. $20-30 mie goreng or hamburgers, $40-50+ seafood and $8 Cokes were the norm. Also, the Spa, again with wonderful, though somewhat small given they are 15 years old, facilities is also extremely expensive. Many one hour treatments range US$150 to considerably more for packages. (There is an independent day spa "Karma" immediately next to the Residences which looked very nice and is almost assuredly much cheaper.)

The staff everywhere were friendly, gracious and accommodating, from the Kid's Club attendants to security guards to servers and especially our butler. Also recommend having an in-Residence BBQ dinner one evening. At about US$100-125 per adult, this also offers an amazing value. We had so much, we ate the leftovers for the next days breakfast and lunch.

Again, the Residences (and the Resort as a whole) offer a wonderfully relaxing experience with privacy, exclusivity yet the full amenities expected with a Four Seasons. The value that the Residences offer versus individual villas are compelling, though the tempting "extras" can quickly add up. We are eagerly trying to find time to head back again soon.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Tozai1999
Reviewed July 30, 2010

FS Jimbaran was our 1st of 3 resorts in Bali and we absolutely loved the place. We booked a one bedroom villa which ended up having ocean views over the thatched roofs. I would suspect that all villas have some ocean views given the arrangement of the villas. Our villa was gorgeous, in perfect shape and very private. In retrospect, I would have preferred an ocean front villa for unobstructed views of the ocean although these villas are less private. The resort grounds are landscaped like a botanical garden, so lovely to walk through. Service was impeccable from every single staff member.

During our stay we took the Asian cooking class which was a lot of fun. We also had a couples spa treatment ("ocean opulence") that took place down by the ocean and it was absolutely amazing, best spa experience ever.

Yes, you can see the airport across the bay but it was hardly noticeable and in no way detracted from our enjoyment of the property.

We will definitely stay here again if back in Bali.

1  Thank ryzee
Reviewed July 27, 2010

We were supposed to stay 5 nights here but we were so in love with the hotel we decided to extend our stay for one more night!

The ocean view deluxe villas have a great view of the jimbaran bay. I have to agree with all other reviews that the villas are well appointed, with a lot of space and privacy. Airport is opposite the hotel, occasionally you do hear the planes landing but not through out the night. The hotel have got huge grounds, it is never too crowded! The hotel is rustic and charming, we spent so much time in the hotel and do not feel the need to head out.

There are plenty of activities that you can take part in, sunrise yoga, cycling, temple tour, surfing lessons to name a few. I loved the spa, although it doesn't have the sea views but the well trained staffs made up for it. The gym is pretty well maintained and they conduct stretching and abdominal exercise classes.

The best part about the hotel is actually the staff, they are all so polite, not intrusive and well trained. We asked for a change of bed as it was too soft and it was all done in ten minutes, on the beach they offered to clean our sunglasses...Well thats a first for us and we were so impressed! Thoughtful staff put a bookmark in my book when they were cleaning the room, what more can i say! I was blown away by the service!

F&B is not cheap in the hotel especially the wine, you can just walk down to the beach where by there are lots of restaurants which serve food at a fraction what it will cost you at the hotel.

We were both rejuvenated at the end of our stay and definitely looking to return sometime in the near future. I certainly look forward to coming back to this wonderful property.

Reviewed July 18, 2010

After at wonderful stay in Four Seasons in Sayan I arrived in this hotel with very high expectations. I have talked with the staff in Sayan who said Four Seasons in Bali is like 2 locations, 1 resort. That it has to be the same quality and service and that's exactly what it is. Kind of same hotel, but now with a different view, the ocean. These two resorts also have the same general manager as well, which I had the chance to meet on the next day.

The service is very similar with the service in Four Seasons Sayan, I think the staff have been trained the same way. They are very professional in everything and says your last name in every sentence.

What makes this hotel one of the best in the world is definitely the service, which is some of the best i've experienced. I was welcomed by their resort manager Vincent and by the staff with welcome drink and cold towel. While this is standard in most 5-star resorts this was delivered in a top professional way and I was impressed. When I arrived in the villa it was the same level of service with three staff welcoming me with four local beers and a personal handwritten letter from the general manager John O'Sullivan.

I was in an Ocean-View One-Bedroom Villa which is similar with the one I stayed in at Four Seasons Sayan and offers 200 square meters with private pool, flatscreen TV, bathtube, indoor shower and outdoor shower. There is better villas in the world with more to offer, but the surroundings makes it a top class feeling.

Many people can't decide which Four Seasons to choice in Bali. That brings me back to the staff who told me it's more like two locations - one resort. No matter which one you take you can expect higest quality of service in a great villa. Some people might consider the Amans in Bali, but based on feedback and travel magazines the two Four Seasons is the best choice. The spa have been voted the best in the world, so I went to check out the facilities and they are very impressive.

After my wonderful experience I talked with the general manager of both resorts, John O'Sullivan which told me a lot about his resorts. What impressed me most was that they evaluate every single serving, to see if they can do anything better. I which more hotels did that. O'Sullivan also told me he consider The St. Regis as their biggest competitor because people want value points and that they have similar rates.

Overall one of the best experiences I've had and I would love to go back next time I visit Bali.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed July 18, 2010

very romantic, awsome location, great and friendly service and i recommend it for each and every person, a must visit place even if for a night :P PJ's restaurant have a monthly special of bed on the beach romantic dinner, a must try for couples of any age