“Quintesenntial Bali!”

Ranked #4 of 57 Hotels in Jimbaran
seattle
“Quintesenntial Bali!”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

If you have images of Bali -- the Four Seasons at Jimbaran Bay is it! 145 individual Balinese villas complete with entry gates (to ward off evil spirits), a pool, outdoor living space, indoor and outdoor showers, Balinese architecture and Four Seasons service to top it off! You really have no need to leave your villa unless you want to take an awesome cooking class or one of may yoga classes they offer daily. Truly a treat and "Bali" at its finest! Love it!!

Room Tip: They are all identical -- all excellent
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
JimbaranDenpasar, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
It is always great to start the day by reading such a lovely review. Thank you.

I am more than happy to read that you appreciate our excellent service and the concept of our resort as a whole. As you mentioned in your review, our villas reflect the best of traditional Balinese pavilion design and each of them is a picture of simple grace and beauty typical of the Balinese aesthetic. I am delighted to hear that you took one of our ‘awesome’ cooking classes and that you had a fun culinary experience and were able to take home a taste of Balinese cuisine.

I look forward to welcoming you again at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay – a place where luxury and authentic balinese design join up at its finest.

Michael Branham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (340)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a company off-site that was a mix of business and pleasure. I've stayed at quite a few other hotels in Bali and I have to say this definitely ranks up there with the best. The hotel is beautiful, with beautiful, well-kept grounds, pools, walkways and views. All rooms are villas and while the hotel itself is quite large, it feels very peaceful and serene. The hotel itself is a little old but I think they have done a good job at maintaining and keeping it clean as best a possible. Will definitely be back.

Pros:
- Great location in Jimbaran which is close enough to everything but away from the chaos. Beautiful sunset views at Sundara (the bar/restaurant) and room views appear to be nice from all villas. **A real plus is that the hotel is a 5 minute walk from some great little seafood shacks down the beach.
- Beautiful and good-sized rooms. All rooms are pool villas and the pools, while small, are deep so they do not feel like glorified bath tubs. I had the most basic villa but it was well-sized with a nice sitting out area, a pool, an outdoor shower, a spacious bathroom (with a large soaking tub made for 2 people and 2 separate sinks). The bed was also very comfortable with a mosquito net.
- Great pools. There were 3 main public pools - a quiet pool (which really was quiet), a pool with a waterfall and a pool by the bar, all of which were great.
- Food was good (but not spectacular) and relatively reasonably priced versus some of the other 5-star hotels in Bali
- I didn't have my child with me but took a look at the kids club and it looked great! There is a separate kids pool and playground at the kids club

Cons:
- Inconsistent service. 2 calls to have someone pick-up my luggage and service at Sundara took a long time and entrees were served before appetizers. However, at the quiet pool, a guy came and offered to clean my sunglasses and comp-ed the iced tea I ordered. Everyone at the hotel (everyone!) greets you enthusiastically. Very inconsistent.
- Gym is well-equipped but equipment is old and could really use some upgrading.
- Spa is nice (I had a massage and it was good but not amazing) but not the most spectacular spa I have been to. In fact, the entire ambiance and facilities felt fairly average. For the Four Seasons, I expected it to be nicer.
- I didn't try and go since the pools were so nice but it appears that the beach is not private. At least for sure it is connected to the rest of the public beach. However, there are private little coves that are accessible only from the hotel which looked really nice and idyllic. But generally, the waters at the beach seemed fairly rough so would not be good for children to swim in

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank LittleEinNY
JimbaranDenpasar, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience here on TripAdvisor. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your overall experience at our Resort very much and that you consider our resort as definitely ranking “up there with the best”.

At the same time I would like to thank you for highlighting the areas where we can do better. I am a little confused with your statement “Everyone at the hotel (everyone!) greets you enthusiastically. Very inconsistent.” However, if I am reading this correctly, I am sorry to hear that you perceived the other areas of our service as inconsistent. I can assure you that I will have an internal discussion with my team to share your personal experience. Your comments about the Spa have been noted and I will certainly review it with our Spa Manager in order for us to improve as we move forward. We value all feedback from our guests and thank you for taking the time.

It makes me incredibly happy to read that I will be able to welcome you again at our Resort and look forward to this time.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Incredibly expensive but just amazing. Rooms are awesome and there is no need to leave the resort for anything. Staff are incredibly helpful and happy and go out of their way to make you feel welcome and to get you everything you need. Can't wait to be able to afford to go back!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
JimbaranDenpasar, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Thank you for your nice review.

Many of our guests tend to just stay in the resort and am so glad that you did not see the need to leave our beautiful resort. Nevertheless if they so feel like it, my team at Concierge is always more than happy to share their personal recommendations with our guests. These insider tips allow our guests to see parts of Bali many other visitors of the island are completely unaware of.

I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed your villa very much and I am looking forward to welcoming you soon here again at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay.

Asia, Peru
Reviewed February 19, 2014

We just wished we had more time (and energy) to fully enjoy the property. For us it was a last minute weekend getaway, and so our flight timings were not ideal, so we spent quite a lot of time sleeping and making full use of our ocean view villa, which was faultless, spacious and every bit the Four Seasons standard, even if it isn't the newest resort in Bali. Everything from pick-up at the airport, to check-out late in the evening, was smooth and efficient.

If you've ever been to the Four Seasons Maldives (Kuda Huraa and Landaa Giraavaaru), you'll note similarities in the villa layout as all properties are owned by the same owner. We loved having an outdoor area, where we could dine al fresco on a comfortable and large dining table, with an overhead fan, which always made the temperature just nice, breezy and cooling to lounge/dine outside.

The Balinese food here felt very authentic to us and was very tasty. We really enjoyed the chicken bakso and soto ayam, nasi goreng kampung and the Babi Guling Set Dinner (all served in our villa). The service throughout the resort was top notch as you would expect and we really enjoyed the free coconut sorbet we were served on cones while enjoying the views of Jimbaran Bay at the Coconut Grove.

The only downsides for us was the lack of a comfortable private beach area where we could relax. The areas closest to the beach are the Coconut Grove (where the recreation area is located) and Sundara (which is open to dining guests, kind of like a beach club), but the beach itself is a public beach. Sundara had a lovely infinity pool but was somewhat crowded that Sunday and didn't offer much seclusion from the public and dining guests. So instead we headed back up to the main hotel quiet pool, which had an amazing hilltop view of Jimbaran Bay and felt more relaxing, and exclusive.

I would say that the resort's best quality (apart from the service) would be its spectacularly landscaped grounds and secret spots and stairways. It is such a beautiful sight to behold and they must have put a lot of time and effort into it. We wished we could have spent more time just wandering around the gardens and relaxing at the vantage points you come across (thoughtfully equipped with comfortable sofas and leg rests) - everything was such a feast for the eyes - from manmade waterfalls to luscious foliage and trees.

Room Tip: If you want to be closer to the beach and ocean, you might need to pay more to get the full ocean-fr...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
JimbaranDenpasar, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Wow what a review. Thank you. You cannot imagine how grateful I am to read this detailed and beautiful review about your stay. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your personal experience at our Resort. As you outlined in a lovely way we do have indeed a very special resort here and as wonderful and amazing the surroundings are, it is the team and their spirit of heartfelt service that makes the difference.

I am sorry that you were disappointed with the absence of a private beach. In Bali, there is no private beach and all beaches fronting resorts are open to public use. Our Resort is located along the beautiful Bay of Jimbaran, a public beach that allows our guest to have a glimpse of real authentic Balinese life when strolling along the beach during sunset.

I hope you will be able to return soon again so you can further explore the beautiful gardens of our resort where luxury meets Balinese design and culture.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Staying at this resort with my husband as part of a conference he is attending. Rooms are delightful as are the staff. Restaurant food is of a very high standard but not cheap for Bali.
Not much outside the resort unless you are prepared to jump in a taxi or walk to the very small local shopping centre.
The resort is located on a nice bay that is great for walking around. If you are looking for a romantic getaway I could not think of a better place to stay.

Room Tip: Villas with views of a jimbaran bay are outstanding.
1 Thank Julie H
Thank you very much for penning this review.

If I may, I would agree with you that our Resort is a perfect romantic getaway. The atmosphere of the resort and the privacy of our beautiful villas are highly appreciated by the romantics. It is always great to see how couples are enjoying the romantic touch of our resort and that the service from my team adds to their special moments.

I hope to welcome both of you soon again so that you and your husband will enjoy many more romantic hours in our resort.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed February 17, 2014

My husband and I stayed for our honeymoon in October 2013 and it exceeded every expectation. Some of the reviews we read were negative and mentioned that the hotel was looking tired, which I completely disagree with. I can only say that this is one of the best luxury hotels we have stayed at and we have stayed at many five star hotels over the years. We were fortunate enough to stay in one of their deluxe ocean suites and the location was just perfect. We enjoyed daily yoga classes (which are offered to all hotel guests) and had our breakfast each day in the villa. We had most of our meals at the hotel and loved the hotels new Sundara lounge, excellent menu and great prices. It was great to catch a hotel buggy down in our bathers, swim in the pool and then wander back up to the hotel. The hotel was apparently busy but it feels incredibly private and you never see the same people at the pool. It had a wonderful, relaxed vibe. The General Manager Michael went over and above to make sure our stay was special, as did our wonderful host the Assistant Resort Manager, I Nyoman Winaya Putra, who even helped us tracked down our lost baggage. Thank you, we hope to return every year!

Room Tip: I would recommend the deluxe ocean view villa.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
JimbaranDenpasar, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
You cannot imagine how delighted I am to read your review. Your title “the best hotel in Bali” fills me with pride to be managing this resort.

Personally I feel that your description of your experience with words like “wonderful” and “relaxed” is something I could have not described in a better way. I have to say that I am very grateful to be able to work in such a magnificent place and to be surrounded by so many beautiful open-hearted people on a daily basis.

It is indeed true that even when the hotel is busy, our guests are still able to experience a very special sense of privacy and it is always great to hear that this is valued by our guests in such a remarkable way. I am also happy to read that you enjoyed our yoga classes and that you loved our one year old beachfront restaurant Sundara with its fantastic menu.
I will share your comments with my team, especially with Putra, whom I am sure will be happy to hear that he made your stay special.

I am already looking forward to personally welcoming you during your next stay at the resort and remain with my best wishes to you and your husband.

Kimberley, Australia
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Stayed at this resort back in 2012 with my partner and loved the resort then. Just back from a Bali conference where over 70 of us were looked after so well by all the amazing staff. Everyone is helpful and friendly.
Food was amazing, all of our events at the resort was just spot on.
How lovely when I was not well early one morning and rang reception and the staff came to my aid with some medication and hydration water.
The staff and management are so attentive. If you want to be pampered this is the place to visit even if its just 1 night......

Room Tip: All rooms are great. Its a big property so take that in mind and quite hilly as well. But hotel will...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you very much for the kind review of our resort.

I am fortunate to have such an attentive team that provides service with warmth and grace. It is great to hear that the actions of my staff contributed to the improvement of your physical well-being during your stay. Here at Four Seasons Bali at Jimbaran Bay we see it as a great responsibility to take care and do everything possible for a guest at all times including when he or she is physically not feeling well.

I am also happy to hear that your colleagues appreciated the services of our resort in the same manner as you did. As you mentioned in your review, the resort is indeed a big property. Therefore we offer our guests a complimentary 24 hours buggy service so they are given the opportunity to explore all the different facets and beautiful gardens of our resort in the most comfortable way.

Your recommendation of our resort is highly appreciated and we hope to see you return soon.

Michael Branham
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jimbaran
Kayumanis Jimbaran Private Estate & Spa
The Ritz-Carlton Bali
The Ritz-Carlton Bali
#7 of 54 in Nusa Dua
The Villas at AYANA Resort BALI

Been to Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay? Share your experiences!