“Amazing hotel and service”

Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay
Ranked #4 of 57 Hotels in Jimbaran
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Stayed at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay from 13th to 16th of October 2013. We choose a Ocean Villa in front row. Simply and awsome view and the villa was large with plenty of space. The private infinity pool was just great. May be too small for others, but for us it fitted nicely to cool down in. I found the villas to be very private and quiet. Also have to mentioned the outdoor living space that was nicely decorated and a nice place to relax and enjoy the ocean view.
The newly build restaurant next to the beach and beach lounge was also superb. Great sofa sunbeds with a sunset view. Selection both in the restaurant and roomservice was exellent.
The spa is also great. Actually I have nothing bad to say about the hotel or the service that was pure 5 star!
The only thing I can comment negatively about is the beach. The water was full of garbage and not clear.The staff did what they could to clean the beach but still a lot of garbage were in the water. So go there for a super resort in all aspects, but not if you like to swim in the ocean.
Thanks an excellent overall experiance to Four Seasons Jimbaran!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay

Reviewed November 4, 2013

We started our Balinese escape at the Four Seasons and were pleasantly surprised when we arrived at the hotel. The lobby is perched atop a hill with a breathtaking view of the entire resort and surrounding area. Our room was truly perfect - large outdoor dining and living space along with our own plunge pool which was a free upgrade on arrival.

The beach club and pool at Sundara was amazing, great access to a quiet beach (except at night) and outstanding service. The hotel is also very close to the local seafood restaurants and we walked about 15 minutes on the sand to dinner for a cheap and delicious lobster dinner. Really perfect way to start our trip and couldn't recommend it more. Found a stay 2 days, get 1 free deal on Four Seasons' website and it made our stay much more affordable. We stayed in Seminyak at the end of our trip and wish we would have just gone back to the Four Seasons - hope to return again in the future!

1  Thank Wanderlust100111
JimbaranDenpasar, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

The views from our lobby are indeed spectacular I would like to thank you for coining the term "perfect" when describing our villas.

I am glad you had a memorable stay with us and please, if you ever plan to return, do get in touch with me and I will be happy to make the arrangements for you.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

This is my second stay in a Four Seasons Hotel, and this resort live up to the name. The villas are excellent, the gardens picturesque, and the staff very friendly and caring. Privacy is given great attention, nature at its best.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
JimbaranDenpasar, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Firstly, I would like to thank you for your repeat visit.

Yours is a short and nice review and I appreciate you taking the time to pen it.

Hope you will be able to make another visit in the not to distant future.

Your sincerely

Reviewed November 1, 2013

We loved our stay at the Four Seasons. In particular the gardens and grounds which are immaculately cared for. The beautiful scent of frangapanies fills the resort. The rooms are beautifullymaintained and really clean. The turndown service is really thorough. The villa pools are perfect.
The spa experince was wonderful...the best massage I have had in Bali.
It was truly a five star experience. We really appreciate that The Four Seasons is one of the only luxury resorts in Bali which have preserved a tradtional Balinese feel.
My only dissappointment were our dining experinces. Bali is such an amazing culinary destination now and we have been continually impressed by restaurants serving stunning , modern asian fusion food by world class chefs. To be truly outstanding The Four Seasons kitchens need to update their cuisine and be part of this.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good, we didn't think it a dissadvantage not to have a seaveiw as the villa ga...
1  Thank margaret826
JimbaranDenpasar, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay at our resort with its well maintained villas, plunge pools and beautiful resort grounds. I personally like the smell of frangipanis too and feel it adds a certain charm to an experience in Bali.

Our spa does offer a menu of wonderful treatments and am happy to hear you enjoyed your massage with us. I am disappointed to hear you did not enjoy your dining experience at the resort and will table your comment with my kitchen team. It would be great if in addition, you could provide, perhaps in an email, some specific comments as we do look to improve ourselves with constructive feedback.

Thank you for your compliments and comments.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

This was my first time staying at a Four Seasons hotel. Overall I find the experience living up to my expectations. Staffs were attentive and helpful, facilities coped to my needs, food was delicious and various, and the setting and scenery was gorgeous! Being an 19yr old hotel, Four Seasons Bali certainly has secured one of the best locations in Jimbaran, unlike the newer hotels that could only settle for the leftover spots. Although the location is quite near the airport (you could actually spot the hotel with your DSLR’s telephoto lens), the noise is almost negligible, and you can only notice it when a plane is flying right above the area. If you can’t stand even that, then you might not consider staying in the Jimbaran area.

One thing to notice when staying at a villa are the insects, may it be ants, mosquitoes, beetle bugs (in my case), or any other “uninvited guests”. The hotel is surrounded by “nature” and the only way to keep them away would be spraying hazardous chemicals. I think Four Seasons Bali is rather gentle in this regard as I can always spot ants and bugs crawling in the villa gardens. I did happen to step on a beetle in my room when walking around in my room and when I mentioned it to the concierge they immediately sent out their manager and apologized, even after I told them I was understanding about it. The manager also offered me to upgrade my room to another villa which I kindly declined.

My stay at Four Season was certainly memorable which I would definitely recommend.

1  Thank Leo817
JimbaranDenpasar, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Thank you for your review and for recommending our resort to readers of TripAdvisor.

I am glad to read that you had a memorable stay. Bali is a tropical island and I am especially appreciative that you understand that there would naturally be insects on the island and that there were a few in your villa.

Thanks again and we hope you would make a second trip to our resort.

Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

This Four Seasons location certainly lives up to the brand name! The villas are private, beautifully appointed and the staff go out of their way to please.

The couple of things I could mention that subtract from the experience would be the steps and the noise. There are steps EVERYWHERE, but a cart is an easy phone call away. The resort is on bay, which makes the sound from other villas, surrounding resorts and private functions travel quite easily. It didn't linger into the night, so not much of a fuss.

The view is simply amazing and the lavish architecture, landscaping and amenities are superb. If you're after a resort experience, you certainly never have to leave. I was surprised by the charge for wifi. It seems at this price, something so simple would be included.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 24, 2013

This was our first but hopefully first of many stays at this resort. The villas are absolutely amazing, the plunge pool was fantastic( and the reason we decided to stay at this resort), the pools, grounds... Everything was just so wonderful! Everywhere we went we were met by friendly, genuine smiles and most of the time greeted by name and asked about our vacation, things we had done etc. I hesitate to even call the hotel personnel "staff" as they were more like old friends than anything else. We had the pleasure of meeting the Spa Director, Helen Norman, on one of our first nights and my husband mentioned that he was having a nagging neck/ back issue. Helen went SO FAR above and beyond to help him, getting advice and a treatment plan from an outside source, setting up the appt, following up and taking care of anything and everything that she could to help! She was so wonderful in every way it is hard to describe in words. It seemed like every day there was a hand written note, a thoughtful gift, a lovely dessert or just a special touch left in our room which made us feel so appreciated and welcome! We cannot wait to return and think about this magical resort and beautiful island everyday. I can't imagine there could be another resort in all of our travels that will ever be able to compare with the Four Seasons Jimbaran.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank DeFran6
JimbaranDenpasar, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Wow, your description of our service is a real boost to motivate my team and I will surely share this with them, especially Helen. You describing them as being "like old friends" is a real wow for me.

I am really feeling overwhelmed with your review and thank you for taking the time to do so.

The most important element is that you had a memorable experience and I am glad you did.

Do return and when you decide to, please contact me and I will be happy to welcome you back to our resort.

Michael Branham

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jimbaran
The St. Regis Bali Resort
W Bali - Seminyak
W Bali - Seminyak
#20 of 147 in Seminyak
The Villas at AYANA Resort, BALI

Been to Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay? Share your experiences!