“A Four Seasons Experience”

Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay
Ranked #4 of 57 Hotels in Jimbaran
Taipei, Taiwan
“A Four Seasons Experience”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

This was my first time staying at a Four Seasons hotel. Overall I find the experience living up to my expectations. Staffs were attentive and helpful, facilities coped to my needs, food was delicious and various, and the setting and scenery was gorgeous! Being an 19yr old hotel, Four Seasons Bali certainly has secured one of the best locations in Jimbaran, unlike the newer hotels that could only settle for the leftover spots. Although the location is quite near the airport (you could actually spot the hotel with your DSLR’s telephoto lens), the noise is almost negligible, and you can only notice it when a plane is flying right above the area. If you can’t stand even that, then you might not consider staying in the Jimbaran area.

One thing to notice when staying at a villa are the insects, may it be ants, mosquitoes, beetle bugs (in my case), or any other “uninvited guests”. The hotel is surrounded by “nature” and the only way to keep them away would be spraying hazardous chemicals. I think Four Seasons Bali is rather gentle in this regard as I can always spot ants and bugs crawling in the villa gardens. I did happen to step on a beetle in my room when walking around in my room and when I mentioned it to the concierge they immediately sent out their manager and apologized, even after I told them I was understanding about it. The manager also offered me to upgrade my room to another villa which I kindly declined.

My stay at Four Season was certainly memorable which I would definitely recommend.

1 Thank Leo817
JimbaranDenpasar, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you for your review and for recommending our resort to readers of TripAdvisor.

I am glad to read that you had a memorable stay. Bali is a tropical island and I am especially appreciative that you understand that there would naturally be insects on the island and that there were a few in your villa.

Thanks again and we hope you would make a second trip to our resort.

Michael Branham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

This Four Seasons location certainly lives up to the brand name! The villas are private, beautifully appointed and the staff go out of their way to please.

The couple of things I could mention that subtract from the experience would be the steps and the noise. There are steps EVERYWHERE, but a cart is an easy phone call away. The resort is on bay, which makes the sound from other villas, surrounding resorts and private functions travel quite easily. It didn't linger into the night, so not much of a fuss.

The view is simply amazing and the lavish architecture, landscaping and amenities are superb. If you're after a resort experience, you certainly never have to leave. I was surprised by the charge for wifi. It seems at this price, something so simple would be included.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Aptos, California
Reviewed October 24, 2013

This was our first but hopefully first of many stays at this resort. The villas are absolutely amazing, the plunge pool was fantastic( and the reason we decided to stay at this resort), the pools, grounds... Everything was just so wonderful! Everywhere we went we were met by friendly, genuine smiles and most of the time greeted by name and asked about our vacation, things we had done etc. I hesitate to even call the hotel personnel "staff" as they were more like old friends than anything else. We had the pleasure of meeting the Spa Director, Helen Norman, on one of our first nights and my husband mentioned that he was having a nagging neck/ back issue. Helen went SO FAR above and beyond to help him, getting advice and a treatment plan from an outside source, setting up the appt, following up and taking care of anything and everything that she could to help! She was so wonderful in every way it is hard to describe in words. It seemed like every day there was a hand written note, a thoughtful gift, a lovely dessert or just a special touch left in our room which made us feel so appreciated and welcome! We cannot wait to return and think about this magical resort and beautiful island everyday. I can't imagine there could be another resort in all of our travels that will ever be able to compare with the Four Seasons Jimbaran.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank DeFran6
JimbaranDenpasar, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Wow, your description of our service is a real boost to motivate my team and I will surely share this with them, especially Helen. You describing them as being "like old friends" is a real wow for me.

I am really feeling overwhelmed with your review and thank you for taking the time to do so.

The most important element is that you had a memorable experience and I am glad you did.

Do return and when you decide to, please contact me and I will be happy to welcome you back to our resort.

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed October 23, 2013

This was our second stay at this resort and it is still very good but I do recommend trying for one of the villas with a view over the bay. Even if the rooms are the same price or category, some are better than others. Breakfast here was sensational with real coffee which is always greatly appreciated. It is good to be able to order another espresso or latte and take in the view. Spa treatments are also great and the salt scrub is like having a buff and polish. Only down side was the kids club which we believe was being redone. It had been temporarily moved to an unused villa and was not as good as the first visit according to my son. One big benefit is the location which is close to the airport and the resort is well placed to beat the worst of the Bali traffic.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
JimbaranDenpasar, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us a second time.

I am happy that you enjoyed our breakfast and spa treatments and yes, our location is advantageous in terms of avoiding traffic to the airport.

I would like to take this opportunity to update you that since your stay in December 2012, we have a full fledged kids club. Called Jimba Club, it offers a variety of activities and is very popular with kids.

Thank you for taking the time to pen your review.

Saffron Walden
Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

A cliche I know, but it is difficult to find words to describe the Four Seasons experience. All the staff were friendly and helpful, going out of their way to make you feel welcome, you very quickly felt as though you had become part of the family. From breakfast through lunch to dinner, the food was wonderful, although after a few days it was nice to have a simple meal.
The only negative was being charged $20 per day for Wi-Fi, even though it was a good, high speed connection.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
JimbaranDenpasar, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you for your complimentary review of your stay with us.

It makes me proud to read that my team went "out of their way to make you feel welcome" and I am I delighted to read that you enjoyed your dining experience while staying with us.

I look forward to your next visit and to welcoming you to our resort.

Wilmette, Illinois
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We have traveled extensively world-wide throughout the year for many years on business and leisure. Often we stay at 5 star hotels and resorts. The Four Seasons at Jimbaran Bay meets or exceeds our experience anywhere, particularly for the quality of the staff and facility. We were recognized and greeted by name by the staff throughout the facility even though we were there only 5 days. The Assistant Manager went out of his way on several occasions to enhance the quality of our stay. The fitness staff were all top quality. The atmosphere of the hotel was always peaceful, considerate, and genuinely friendly with attention to details. The beauty of the view, the grounds, the rooms, and the culture of the island were ever present. We highly recommend this hotel without reservation.

Room Tip: The rooms higher on the hillside have more expansive views. Those closer to the ocean have a seclud...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
JimbaranDenpasar, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Thank you for your review.

I am so proud of my team for having made your experience that more memorable and I am truly happy to read that you enjoyed the facilities of the resort.

Thank you for highly recommending our resort and if you do plan to return to the island of Gods, I will be glad to welcome you to our resort.

Michael Branhman
Tavira, Portugal
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We loved our stay at the four seasons. Genuine friendly people and outstanding service. More then expected on every level.
The new Sundara Beach club is a real improvement and we really enjoyed being there.
We would definitely go back when travelling to Bali.

Room Tip: We had an ocean view villa (second line). Great view and excellent privacy. transport on resort is b...
1 Thank 751Walter
JimbaranDenpasar, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank you for your kind review - short, sweet and to the point.

I could not have asked for better comments with "more than expected on every level".

I appreciate the feedback and truly hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Yours Sincerely

Michael Branham
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jimbaran
Kayumanis Jimbaran Private Estate & Spa
W Bali - Seminyak
W Bali - Seminyak
#19 of 146 in Seminyak
The Villas at AYANA Resort BALI

Been to Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay? Share your experiences!