“Just wonderful”

Ranked #4 of 57 Hotels in Jimbaran
Melbourne, Australia
“Just wonderful”
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Bali for us is such a convenient destination. It has many fine hotels and restaurants. We are currently staying at TFS and every day has been special. Nothing is to much trouble. My daughter took a call from one of the managers to see how we were and I happened to mention that I had a problem with the container with the conditioner - but we laughed at how ridiculous this was in the greater scheme of things. However on our return from lunch both bathrooms had been attended to and new shampoo/conditioners replaced the standard TFS containers. This is the attention to detail and concern for guest comfort that makes me choose TFS wherever I go. The rooms are traditional, stylish and overlook Jimbaran Bay. Looking out over the bay from your infinity pool is so special, but the warm, welcoming team make this hotel so very special.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank loveaholiday101
JimbaranDenpasar, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you for your very complimentary review of your experience at the resort.

We try our level best to ensure we exceed the expectations of our guests and in this case I have to admit that I am very proud of my team in having paid detailed attention to your needs which pleasantly surprised you.

We look forward to welcoming you back if your future plans ever bring you to Bali again. Should you have any friends or family visiting Bali, do not hesitate to let us know and rest assured we shall take equally good care of them.

Michael Branham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (337)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We stayed in several resorts in Bali, but were most anxious about our stay at the Four Seasons. We heard that it might be a little 'tired' since it has been around for a while. Fortunately, those fears were unfounded. We had an ocean view villa and it was a beautiful private refuge with an amazing view. We loved the outdoor living/dining room, the deep infinity plunge pool, the stone terrace with two lounge chairs, the outdoor shower, the thatched roof over the bedroom, and the complete privacy that the surrounding stone wall provided. Normally I stay at a Four Seasons to enjoy the beautiful grounds and to be pampered by the main pool. This was the exception, I didn't want to leave our beautiful villa. We even had breakfast delivered to the room so we could eat in our outdoor dining room while enjoying a spectacular view. I would highly recommend the Four Seasons if you want a private oasis in Bali in a beautiful setting. I am not big on upgrading just for the view, but I would say this is the place to splurge on the ocean view if it at all possible.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 312travelerIL
Anaheim, California
Reviewed September 13, 2013

My wife & I stayed here in Villa 210 recently. Oceanfront villa was amazing. What was truly remarkable was the level of personalized attention and above-and-beyond service provided by the entire staff. It was the most memorable vacation we've ever had and the staff & service played a huge part in our feeling welcome and as if we were at our second home. Highly recommended to stay here!!

Room Tip: Hard to find a bad villa... But the oceanfront villas are outstanding. Tucked away from the main r...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
JimbaranDenpasar, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to pen this review.

Your review really means alot to us as it is testament to our strive in providing "above and beyond" service and I am so glad to hear that it was this service that played a big role in etching an unforgettable memory of your vacation.

Thank you for highly recommending our resort and I sincerely look forward to welcoming you when you return to Bali.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Fantastic friendly and very helpful staff, excellent property ... the spa is great so are the restaurants, the resort store and facilities like three pools, a private beach, games and the Balinese dance performance were all spectacular!!

This is a dream hotel and I highly recommend it for couples or even families!!

Food was outstanding too and the landscaping, greenery and massive tub will make the Gods envy.

Great job and I must say I got 200% of my money's worth!! I am a true fan of this hotel and will always plan to return back to The Four Seasons, Jimbaran Bay!

Room Tip: Full ocean facing with the private pool .. a dream ... a slice of heaven on earth!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
JimbaranDenpasar, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Thank you for your feedback.

You comments "fantastic friendly and very helpful staff, excellent property", do motivate us in our strive to provide a high standard of service and a memorable experience. I could not ask for better feedback than this and it is much appreciated.

Thanks for highly recommending our resort as a destination for couples and families and I sincerely look forward to welcoming you back one day.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

For the $500++price point, I find this luxury resort just average. Nothing majorly negative, just that you will have to spend more and more for a more hassle free stay.

We stayed in a One-bedroom Villa with the relaxing plunge pool and porch equipped with a sort of a mini bar/coffee nook. The room had the right amount of spaciousness with a resort feel to it, a comfy King Bed and a through and through closet and bath with a luxurious tub, his&her counter sinks and indoor and outdoor showers. The resort is situated in a hill (with some villas atop the hill with the view of the bay) with a garden feel to it and 3 pools. I must say they've done very good with the landscaping. Staff persona is very good overall - Very warm and accommodating. This is as far as your $500++ a night gets you (FYI breakfast not included).

Now for areas of improvement..

This resort does not offer their guests complimentary in-room WIFI which is already a standard in the hotel/rental industry. If the guest wanted WIFI, either they pay to have an in-room access or go all the way to the lobby to enjoy a few minutes of free WIFI (warning: you will have to keep on logging in as you will be automatically be logged out every so often). If you are vacationing yet still expect business emails, skip this resort.

No free airport pick-up/drop off nor a city shuttle when the location of the resort, Jimbaran, is way too far from the city and is a quite a dead area. Apart from the bay (which is not really free of rubbish (I've experienced plastics entangling my foot and stepping on bottles and other smaller rubbish while dipping in the bay), and a few small seafood restaurants, and the small Jimabran Corner "Mall", there's really nowhere to go and nothing to see in Jimbaran. The resort is located in secluded area and offers a lot of privacy. Should you get bored, you'll have to request for a Taxi to take you to where the happening is: Kuta, Legian and Seminyak -which will cost you more or less IDR 80,000-90,000 per way, depending on the traffic condition. If you simply want to just stay put and relax, do consider this resort. Otherwise, skip it.

Bad Food. We settled into our room at around 14:30. Hungry and tired, we were too lazy to go out and look for food. So we decided to order room service and forever regret this decision. With the very limited food selection in their menu (even in Sundara), we ordered a simple Mee Goreng which turned out bland and an Oyakodon which was just all sorts of terrible. It was a like a bland Katsudon with diluted watery "stock" poured over it. With no exaggeration, i felt like eating rice soup- rice in water. Although I was simply too tired to get mad and complain, I did inform the room service operator that their food is plain BAD. Mee Goreng is their local food - if they couldn't even get that right, what can they? There are small restaurants by the beach that serve really good fresh seafood for way less than what you pay for hotel food. Please opt to walk a bit for cheaper good eats than endure the nasty overpriced hotel food.

Spa is Average. I love the overall design of the spa but the service fell short from expectation. The spa vibe, to me, was overdone. The staff moved and spoke extremely slow. We got the 90min Oriental and Dry massage and 30min of that 90min we paid for, was spent changing into a robe, filling up the client form, walking to the actual massage room, rinsing of the feet (this alone took about 15min) and some more small talks from the staff. They are very pleasant but I just think we were robbed of the additional 30min we paid for, supposedly for more massage time. I wouldn't have mind if the 60min was really good but it was no big deal at all.

Daily housekeeping (which they perform 2x a day. AM and PM), although up to my standards, is inconsistent. Some days they would refill the complimentary water, tea and coffee in the porch coffee nook, and the toiletries and other days they would not. This is a little area for improvement. However, if they got something consistent, its that all through out our stay, they did not at all notice/remove little dead cockroach on the desk mail holder. Having a sort of confidence to the SOPs of the hotel chain given that I have paid a hefty, Each day I would give them a chance and at the end of the day, I'd check to see if they've finally gotten rid of it, but they never did. I've posted a photo of the cockroach which I took before checking out. This raises my curiosity on their housekeeping SOPs. Does it imply that the only areas to be cleaned are the areas that appear cluttered and untidy?

We stayed at Simba Villa in Seminyak 3 days prior to Four Seasons Jimbaran and I must say that overall, I would choose Simba Villa. For $480nett a night, we enjoyed.. a private pool, 3 bedrooms w/ ensuite bathrooms equipped with a rainshower, a tub, toilet, complimentary airport pickup/drop off, choice of local or western breakfast that tastes much better than in Four Seasons Jimbaran which situated in the heart of the lively Seminyak area and walking distance to Seminyak beach and Ku De Ta.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Char030588
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your feedback on the TripAdvisor. I deeply apologize for failing to deliver a true Four Seasons experience. We do try to stay competitive with other luxury hotels on the island and we continuously monitor our pricing strategy in order to provide good value for money.

We truly appreciate your comments, both positive and where we need to improve, starting with in-room WIFI, the availability of free airport/city shuttles, beach cleanliness, food quality, the housekeeping services and spa experience. We take your comments seriously and I have personally addressed these issues with my team members for discussion and immediate improvement.

We have worked with much enthusiasm over the years to establish our resort as one of the finest experiences in the world. I am distressed that we fell short of your expectations and our own standards in the areas you have highlighted. I do hope that this experience has not permanently tarnished your opinion of us and that we will have the opportunity in the future to regain your confidence in our Resort.

Thank you also for your kind words about our staff and landscape.

Until then I remain with warm regards from the island of the gods,

Moscow, Russia
Reviewed September 8, 2013

One of the few real Balinese style luxury hotels in Bali. Impeccable service, charming staff and a great new restaurant Sundara - absolutely wonderful for its style, design, food and drinks. Probably the best food and drinks in Bali I would consider in Four Seasons Jimbaran.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Eleonora A
JimbaranDenpasar, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thank you for the generous praise of your experience with us and we would also like to thank you for taking the time to pen this review.

We are glad you appreciated and liked the Balinese design of our villas and enjoyed the "impeccable service" as well as our beachfront restaurant and bar, Sundara which we opened in February this year.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

I have stayed in Four Seasons Jimbaran Bay as well as three other top rated hotels in Bali. I can say that Four Seasons is by far the best. From the moment you step into the hotel's site you are treated as a King. The service is excellent. The location of the hotel and the design is breathtaking. Also, the food offered at some of the restaurants is outstanding. I think this is by far the best Four Seasons hotel I have been too around the globe and I do visit plenty of them

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jimbaran
The St. Regis Bali Resort
#7 of 53 in Nusa Dua
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,574 reviews
The Villas at AYANA Resort BALI
INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort

Been to Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay? Share your experiences!