“Faultless service and stay at the Residences”

Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay
Ranked #4 of 57 Hotels in Jimbaran
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We attended a wedding at Four Seasons and spent a few nights in the residences. For our family of five this suited us better than staying in the villas. We had our own butler, pool and garden in a secluded Balinese style house. Whilst the residences are across the road from the beach (one of the better beaches in Jimbaran) and without a view, they were in fact closer to the beach than any of the villas. The "road" is actually the long driveway that takes you up to reception. We could order anything we wanted and our butler would make it happen (even bobby pins)! We had breakfast in the villa once, which was great but preferred to go to the dining room and help ourselves to the buffet. We would just jump in the buggy and the butler would drive us up the road to the restaurant. Whenever we wanted to go to the shops for those small items that hotels charge a fortune for (snacks and drinks etc, even beauty services like hair, nails and massage), the butler would drive us to the small mall at the end of the street, and return to pick us up at the agreed time. All in all, it was a very pleasant experience and the level of service was as you would expect of a top notch hotel (but then so are the prices)! I would not hesitate to recommend staying in the residences over the villas if you have a family or large party.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Stayed in Four Seasons Jimbaran for 2 nights, I like the facilities in the room. There is a plunge pool and nice bed. The shower in the garden the room bring you closer to nature. (Note: There is a big lizard about 12 inches long in the garden before a checked out so do keep a look out for nature). On top of that I saw a frog at night too. I like the hotel's location as it is close to Jimbaran Seafood cafe restaurant and Denpasar Airport. The breakfast is disappointing as the menu is changed and its pricey.

Room Tip: Most corner room on the hill
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 30, 2013

A lovely, romantic hotel to stay in. My husband and I were attending a conference with 50 other couples. Due to the private nature of the hotel, we really didn't see other people on the conference unless we made a special effort to see them.
The staff were very friendly and helpful. The pool staff were particularly attentive and seemed to enjoy interaction with all the guests.
The breakfast was superb and the Thai restaurant food was excellent - if somewhat on the hot side.
The Sundara Restaurant was the best food we ate in Bali.
Not sure this is a place to take the children to, as it is really a good retreat for couples. But when we did see children they seemed happy.

Room Tip: All rooms are good. But friends of ours did have a very clear view with no other villa rooms affect...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Great stay. It's a proper luxury hotel with a very attentive management. New facility on the beach is an excellent addition to the hotel. Royal Villa is awesome. Grounds are beautiful. The beach is also much more appealing than it was a few years ago.

Room Tip: Royal Villa can't be bearen
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
JimbaranDenpasar, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Thank you for this great review of your stay at our Royal Villa.

It is a pleasure to hear that you had a memorable experience and enjoyed our villa and facilities like our recently opened beachfront restaurant, Sundara. We are also glad to read that you think the beach is more "appealing" than it was before.

Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you when you are back in Bali.

Yours sincerely

Michael Branham

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Well the resort is very nice, but a few things that disturbed me were that despite informing that we would need a pick up from the airport, there was no one waiting at the arrival.We had to request people waiting from other hotels to contact the four season,s people to arrange for the transport. We also had to make international calls to agoda as we had booked the rooms from them and pay a bomb to check on the transport.
The other incident was at Sundara at four season,s we ordered for lamb burger and was served beef instead. We religiously do not eat beef and my husband had already started eating not realising that it was beef, when the mistake was realised and we had to wait for the burger to be cooked again and brought. Once the burger arrived the second time, I asked about my food. Apparently they had forgotten to place my food order and had another long wait for my food. We had lost our appetite by then . The food manager was aware of the problems but had no decency to come and apologise. Probably because we are Asians he did not deem it to be necessary(he being white) my children aged 12 and 9 noticed this behavior and we felt this was not a pleasant experience and a bit racial if I may say so. Felt very disappointed especially from four seasons

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank smitasinha2000
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I stayed in this resort again because I had really good experience in last visit and I would like to try the new restaurant Sundara and the new ocean front swimming pool.

Please read my last review on this resort. All the good things were still there and even much better, especially the service and spa treatment. The only downside was the f & b were more expensive than last visit.

I especially liked the outdoor jacuzzi and outdoor shower in the fitness centre changing room. I definately will come back.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SpaAddictor
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I've stayed at several Four Seasons hotels around the world and have always been blown away by the ambiance, service and quality of my stay. This resort stay is no different. From the bellboys carting us around in the little buggy to front office staff and F&B/ Spa personnel, service was warm, polite and sincere.

I stayed in both the Ocean View Villa and Four Bedroom Residence Villa.

For the Ocean View Villa, I loved the segmented layout of the compound where we got to enjoy a private infinity plunge pool right outside our bedroom, a separate lounging courtyard for reading and dining and of course an immensely comfortable rest area. I loved having to choose between an indoor or outdoor shower and just being able to hang around in my compound without feeling claustrophobic.

The Four Bedroom Residence was sublime! Service staff were excellent and we had ample space to entertain our friends without the residence feeling cramped. It was truly our home away from home and we would highly recommend it to those who need/ want more space for entertaining or just for lounging.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jimbaran
The St. Regis Bali Resort
W Bali - Seminyak
W Bali - Seminyak
#20 of 147 in Seminyak
The Villas at AYANA Resort, BALI

Been to Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay? Share your experiences!