“The Beach View of Bali” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 55 Hotels in Jimbaran
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
“The Beach View of Bali”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

Overlook the beach with an elevated pool view is second to none.
This recently redone area is stunning. If you are looking to balance your experience from rice fields to beach this is the place to stay. The typical excellence that you always expect from a Four Seasons property with the most gracious staff.

The personal attention from Philip Salud (Director of Rooms) was exceptional

Room Tip: We chose to stay closer to beach
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JimbaranDenpasar, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
We would like to thank you for your review and the time taken to pen it.

The views to Jimbaran Bay from the resort and villas are indeed beautiful and tranquil and we are glad you enjoyed it. I am also happy to read your comments on our 'gracious service' and will share this with the team, especially Philip.

Thanks again and I look forward to welcoming you to back to the resort if you are ever planning to return to Bali.

Yours sincerely

Michael Branham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (329)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Beverley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

Excellent hotel with superb service and ambience - also good drivers and choice of restaurants. Grounds are very impressive with stunning pools and views of the sea. Concierge was particularly efficient and knowledgeable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jillyb533
Mangalore, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

As I was planning our annual getaway with my wife so while doing research in trip advisor I had numerous options to choose but finally opted to stay at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay,
I must add that this decision was worth every $ we have spent in Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay,
Let me start the review of my stay at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay, from the booking stage
......I usually book my hotels thru my travel agent but this time I booked directly at Four Seasons web site there were many offers, we booked BEST OF BALI PACKAGE. The booking was very simple and quick instantly got the confirmation.
This package included VIP airport arrival service which I would highly recommend to every traveller entering Bali, as soon as you disembark the plane hotel representative with our name board shall wait for you and you have to pay 25$ for each person for visa charge he will take your passport and complete the immigration formality and before you notice you are out of the arrival hall!!!!!.
Our package also included Round-trip airport transfer via BMW X5 the hotel rep drops us with our bags to the waiting BMW SUV and the driver takes over he offers was cold towel and cold drinks the SUV even has free Wi-Fi! The hotel is short 15 min drive from NGURAH RAI INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (DPS).
As we enter the Resort after a thorough security check, we are let inside and are given a warm welcome in the large and open lobby overlooking the stunning Jimbaran Bay located above a tree-lined beach, within this stunning ocean enclave. We were served refreshing cold drink and the check was quick in no time we were at our villa.
We stayed at Oceanfront One-Bedroom Villa; these villas are perched on the edge of the vast and spectacular Indian Ocean overlooking the sandy southern shores of Jimbaran Bay.
These separate villas are built in classic Balinese style – each is contained within a private walled tropical garden courtyard and with sundeck and a plunge pool.
Our villa had large bedroom and marble bathroom with oversize tub for couples. Two sinks with all the amenities you would need & also a garden shower,
But I must add that sadly the rooms are showing their age.....when you compare this with other four seasons we have stayed an upgrade/renovation is required.
the air condition in our bedroom was not working properly I informed the house keeping they rushed to check but they could not repair as some major fault in the condenser so they offered to change the room for us but since it was late in night we were too tired and lazy to pack again and shift so we said no but next day when we were out they promptly repaired it!.
The AC worked perfectly fine for our rest of our stay.
We visited the spa it provides the ultimate in pampering. With beautiful Balinese setting, landscaped gardens and the luxurious treatment spa suites feature double massage beds, a shower, and wet and dry body treatment areas. The suites open onto a garden courtyard with a large tub and a rinse shower.
Our package also included Services of a car and driver for up to four hours per day so we used this for visiting Kuta, Seminyak ubud and four season sayan had lunch. Our driver was very polite, helpful and knowledgeable. And of course the car had free wifi!

We had breakfast and Night Market Dinner in Taman Wantilan it is housed in two Balinese-style pavilions, open to natural breezes and featuring views of Jimbaran Bay both was ok nothing amazing to write about.
Last night of our stay for dinner we visited Sundara the beachside restaurant with candlelit atmosphere on the beach with a variety of cocktail and good food this restaurant is highly recommended.
Fast Wifi is available in room ,restaurants, spa, lobby it is chargeable.
Our check out was smooth ,in the airport again the four season rep was waiting for us near the departure gate he accompanied/ assisted us carrying our bags right up to immigration counter he was very helpful.
So in short ...the summary of the trip is..... Right from the time I stepped out of my plane and back we were under total care of amazing people of four seasons ......they took care of us....as their OWN!.
YES IT IS EXPENSIVE .....BUT IT IS WORTH IT!!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Vindav
JimbaranDenpasar, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank you for your detailed review of your experience and I are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our resort, beginning and ending with our airport services .

We do strive to ensure our service levels are maintained at a high level and hence I am happy to know that you enjoyed the service from our staff who took care of you 'as their own' . I will certainly share your comments this with the respective teams, who will feel very appreciated that they provided a memorable stay for you.

I apologise for your experience of the air condition on your first night and acknowledge your comments on the age of our rooms which we are looking into. Nonetheless, I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the spa and the treatments offered as well as your dining experience at Sundara.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you when you are back in Bali.

Yours sincerely

Michael Branham
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

This is a Four Seasons Resort so you've got what you'd expected from a Four Seasons. The location of the resort is good and is within walking distance to the 'Muaya Cafe Area' at Jimbaran beach. Staffs are friendly and helpful. The villa we stayed was spacious and daily breakfast was served in the villa. This resort has a great variety of food outlets to choose. Only flaw was that though the hotel says a one room villa is good for a family of three, the extra bed is in fact a window bay bench-turned bed and is located in the corridor to the bathroom.

PS - Watch out your wallet as most of the local restaurants will give you a 'tourist' menu rather than the menu for the locals.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Bandung, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in a villa with three rooms and a private pool. very spacious and private, 24 hours buttler service is very friendly and experienced. My butler, Mr Mantoyo experienced more than 15 years in the hotel four season in the world.

interior with a tropical feel and distinctive Balinese, and away from the crowd makes you not want to move out of the villa.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

After spending four days over Christmas here, my husband came away semi-jokingly insisting that he'll only ever stay in plunge pool villas from now on. The villas are just incredible -- private, spacious, elegant but reflective of local design and style, great bath amenities & an outdoor shower, and amazing views.

I would call the decor & condition more "classic" than ultra-modern, but I prefer that. We booked an Ocean View Villa with Amex Platinum and were upgraded upon arrival to an Oceanfront Villa, meaning there was just a walking path between our pool and the sea (if you looked left; if you looked right you saw the airport across Jimbaran Bay, but it's far enough way that there wasn't any noise. Didn't bother us).

My husband's only complaint was that the villa was a steep walk down the hill from the lobby and restaurant, but whenever we called for a buggy one would arrive in what seemed like a matter of seconds. The grounds are gorgeous so I really enjoyed walking everywhere. Service overall was excellent, as you'd expect from a Four Seasons, although I had been told they learn every guest's name and didn't experience that. However staff at the front desk, the gym and the spa all went to great lengths to help me out in various instances, and every buggy driver and housekeeper greeted us with a warm smile and wave. It's such a happy place I really didn't want to leave!

A couple minor quibbles:

1) The two main areas for swimming/lounging are the new restaurant Sundara and Coconut Grove Beach Club. At the former they seem to be going for a hip club vibe and so play music, offer big cabana daybeds, roving foot massagers, drinks service etc. We had trouble both finding a lounge chair and getting towels on two different occasions (it had just opened so perhaps these were operational hiccups, but I feel like you stay at the Four Seasons to make sure stuff like that is never an issue). Meanwhile, we preferred the quiet, tranquil, techno-music-less atmosphere of Coconut Beach Club because we were reading, but were kind of annoyed to discover that they don't offer drinks or food service (other than bottled water). It seems to me setting up a bar or running over food from Sundara wouldn't be that difficult. In other words, if you want to do quiet reading without the South Beach vibe, you'll also have to forego drinks & food service (come to think of it massage over there would have been nice, too!).

All that said, the beach was nicer than I expected for swimming (they keep the sand totally pristine) and the food at Sundara was varied, tasty and not offensively overpriced (compared to the Terrace Bar, for instance).

2) This isn't the hotel's fault, but do know that it's kind of a pain to get to other parts of the island (although it's easy to walk down the beach to the open-air seafood places, and about a 10-minute walk to amenities at the Jimbaran Corners shopping center). It can take a while (15-20 mins) to get a taxi, and places like Seminyak and beyond are an hour away at minimum. That said, this resort is a wonderful place to spend four days without ever leaving, but does require a lot of built-in time if you want to go to visit other places.

Finally, if you like exploring and a bit of physical activity, I highly recommend taking the free walking tour and bike ride tours offered by the gym. It's a nice way to see a bit more of the local area and discover a few beautiful & secluded beaches.

Room Tip: Ocean Front Villas are fantastic, but they're also at the bottom of a big hill. The 100- side is...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

Stayed here twice - once on my firm outing and once on my own dime. Great property and great service overall, with some caveats. Generally not a four seasons fan, but this is an exception. Stayed at the standard pool villa each time

Pro:
- Every leisure amenity you can think of - multiple pools, kayaks, bikes, ping pong, tennis - you name it they got it
- beautiful landscaped grounds
- BREAKFAST - oh my what a breakfast - order unlimited a la carte and set up in your own villa all included in room rate - top notch quality food
- excellent service - this place is a well oiled machine

Cons:
- lots of planes flying over property, even at night, so a little noisy
- plunge pool is small - really just a big tub, although that should be expected based on the hotel website
- dead cockroaches appeared on the bathroom floor a few times and even on the bed once! They are not the huge black ugly ones you see in NY or HK, but a medium sized brownish variety. However, unmistakeably a cockroach. Not cool. This happened once on my first stay and several times in my second stay. Called management and did spray some stuff but explained that they could be falling in from the thatched roof of the villas. Anyway, I think that's a design defect.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TenchiNini
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jimbaran
The St. Regis Bali Resort
AYANA Resort and Spa
AYANA Resort and Spa
#13 of 55 in Jimbaran
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,340 reviews

Been to Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay? Share your experiences!