“Discreet luxury just Minutes away from Bali's main airport.....”

Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay
Ranked #4 of 57 Hotels in Jimbaran
“Discreet luxury just Minutes away from Bali's main airport.....”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I stayed for the third time last week end in Jimbaran Bay at the "four seasons" , again it was a quality experience. Arriving overnight from Tokyo, I feared the worst as regards no room till 3.00 pm etc. But I was greeted at the Airport, fast tracked thru' immigration and driven in an air conditioned SUV complete with cold towels and water . Upon arrival, I was immediately offered a room even though it was barely 8.00 am. All rooms have private pools and are spacious and full of nice Balinese arts and crafts.
Service is exceptional and in their guide to Hotel services , they make the point that tipping is not expected as service charge is distributed to staff monthly, a relief to those from overseas who don't have let's of small bills.
The SPA is lovely and the hittng pro with the tennis court was great fun also. Food is exceptional at all restaurants. From a previous trip, I know the kids love the "kids club" also. Very feeble as reams any difficult or unusual request, really accommodating. Strongly recommend it, especially the Wagyu Burger for lunch by the quiet pool.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the beach, nice sunsets. !
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Paddy H
JimbaranDenpasar, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to pen this review and we are delighted to read that this is your third stay at our resort. Thank you for your repeat visits.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience from the moment you landed with our service at the airport as well as the early check in. It is also a pleasure to read that our villa facilities, spa, leisure activities and dining offer more than met your expectations.

We will be more than happy to welcome you back to our resort if you do plan to return to the Island of Gods.

Michael Branham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (339)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Danville, California
Reviewed November 25, 2012

My husband and I spent the first half of our honeymoon in May 2010 and had a wonderful, amazing time. The service was top notch, beyond expectation. We had a villa that overlooked the water and we could planes landing from the plunge pool. We had breakfast every morning in our outdoor living area. The food was fabulous - I would recomend the mee goreng, fresh watermelon juice, and Japanese breakfast. The beach and pools were well maintained with superb service by the attendants. Everything about the resort was exceptional.

2 Thank FIFItheWorldTraveler
JimbaranDenpasar, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed a memorable honeymoon and it is an honor to be chosen as the venue for your special celebration.

I am happy to know that you enjoyed the service which was "beyond expectations" from our dedicated staff and I will share this with the my team and leaders, who will feel appreciated that they provided a memorable stay for you.

I am also glad to hear that you enjoyed the food and the facilities at our resort.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you when you are back in Bali.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed November 25, 2012

This was one of our stops on our honeymoon and it was definitely interesting! The resort was extremely unique and absolutely amazing. We didn't expect so much congestion in the city itself and it made exploring very difficult. The rooms at the hotel were like no other room we have been to. It was very private and romantic and the plunge pool was definitely a plus! The outdoor shower and large bathtub were very cool as well. The food was soooo good! The truffle marscapone pizza will change your life. I think we had it 4 times in our 3 day stay there. The main pools were also nice. There is a cold plunge pool that my husband really enjoyed. Overall I can only think of two complaints... No cocktail service at the lower pools, hot tub and cold plunge pools and the manicure I got looked like I let a 10 year old paint my nails. Fabulous couples massage so I can't hate on the spa too much :)

1 Thank Jessica G
Perth, Australia
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We stayed at the Four Seasons Jimbaran in early November for the 5th time in as many years. We love this hotel so much that we held a private party on a peninsula for our extended family here last year which was absolutely out-of-this-world. But we've always felt it's worth it, no question. So it is with regret that this time around we found the whole experience wanting. PJ's has gone. For ever. One of the most beautifully located, low key, unpretentious, delicious and gracious restaurants on the whole island has been razed to the ground and replaced with an enormous, ugly 400 seat restaurant/club to be opened by December this year. At the Four Seasons! What are they thinking?? This has never been a destination for those wanting bling, glitz and glamour. But rather a complete respite from reality in incredibly private, serene and beautiful surrounds that quietly and respectfully reflect and celebrate all that is so extraordinary about this magical island and its people. Even the staff seemed bemused, perplexed and rather sad actually. As were we. The villa was unchanged - graceful, large, well appointed but a little tired, a teensy bit grubby around the edges (blinds, tiles, window sills) and sadly our airconditioning wasn't crash hot which was a bother in the pre-monsoon heat. And they've closed Warun Mie, our favourite Indonesian/Balinese restaurant on the whole island - it's now THAI for heavens' sake - in Bali. Oh dear. What hasn't changed are the staff - all are utterly divine, the nicest people in the world everywhere in the hotel. That's why we'll go back again to have another go in the new year. We are not anti-change - change is a good thing as long as it's appropriate and for all the right reasons - we are feeling worried and sad that these changes suggest a more than significant shift in the direction this very special hotel is headed.

Room Tip: Definitely go for an ocean view. What's the point of being there if you can't see the sea?
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We have vacationed at the Four Seasons Resort at Jimbaran Bay Indonesia a dozen times and each time the experience is amazing. The ambiance, food, and service is unequaled anywhere in the world. The management and staff excel at making you feel exceptional and any request is granted with a smile and personal attention. My wife and I still find this corner of the world the most romantic and enjoyable of any holiday we take. Although traveling a long way from the USA to get there - the experience is still worth it!

Room Tip: All of the villas have private dipping pools and spacious rooms and outside secluded areas. You can...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Toki, Japan
Reviewed November 18, 2012

My fiance and I went here on our first ever vacation and it was one to remember! THE FOOD IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! I have never been to a resort where there was a nicer and more friendly stuff. FS jimbaran is the best place we have experienced ever.
A Great Thank You to FS.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
JimbaranDenpasar, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Thank you for your review on your stay and you are indeed most welcome.

We should thank you instead for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

Each time I read or hear from a guest about our friendly and hospitable service, I feel proud of my team. I will certainly share your comments with them and I am sure they will feel happy that they made your stay memorable.

If you are ever planning to return to Bali for a vacation, please do let us know and we look forward to welcoming you to our resort.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Private bungalow and pool, loved that! First time we've never left a resort! Was so nice just to chill. Love the Balinese style architecture. Breakfast was delicious. Staff was excellent, though the uniforms look a bit tired. Had an incredible stay, was so relaxing, enjoyed every minute of it and didn't want to leave.

Room Tip: Ask for a room where someone above you won't see your pool, in case you want to go "clothin...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jimbaran
Kayumanis Jimbaran Private Estate & Spa
INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort
AYANA Resort and Spa
AYANA Resort and Spa
#13 of 57 in Jimbaran

Been to Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay? Share your experiences!