“To many cats”

Ranked #14 of 115 Specialty Lodging in Jimbaran
Perth, Australia
“To many cats”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We had food taken from the kitchen even though we tried to keep the doors closed we could not lock it to keep the cats out. The staff were very friendly and there food was good. There was a lot of evidence of some kind of wood eating bug that is wrecking all the door frames. The streets around there are not the best for walking. There was a lot of stray dogs in the street. My friend and i went for a walk to have a look 1st and quickly decided if were taking the girls out at all we would not walk. ( we like to walk everywhere ) For us and the family that went with us this worked out cheep. Each area is quite large and the 3 rooms are a good size.We found this place very quiet.

Room Tip: If you want quiet just ask the staff. This place is big so im sure they can find a quiet spot.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank 2014FpvGt
Rai-Bali, General Manager at Pat-Mase, Villas at Jimbaran, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Colin S,

Please allow me to take this opportunity to thank you for having selected Pat-Mase Villa at Jimbaran as your preferred destination for your recent vacation.

Please accept my apologies for the challenge you had during your recent stay especially with cat and dog . We have addressed the problems with our pest control due to our resort location resounded by community bit challenge to control however we will make sure the issue will be taking care and wish to truly apologize for the shortfalls.
We hope that this has not marred completely your impression of the resort.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Pat-Mase Villa at Jimbaran and would be delighted to be of service to you again in the future.

Rai

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
kuala lumpur
Reviewed January 15, 2013

We booked 2 units (each with 3-bedroom) via the hotel's website, and stayed here for 3 nights in Dec 2012. The villa is located 10 mins drive from Jimbaran (Muaya beach - great seafood at affordable price). There is a free shuttle to Kuta beach (Discovery Mall) every 2 hours from 10:30am - 16:30pm. Receptionist & staffs are very helpful and polite.
The area of the villa is very huge, it takes us about 10 mins walk from lobby to our villa, hence we always call for their shuttle (in golf-like buggy) service to send us to our villa.
Villa itself is a little rundown, rooms are too dim, and some of the electrical stuffs are not working properly. Bed (king size) is comfortable and room is clean. However, we saw ants in the bathroom and the bath tub is tainted.
Breakfast is provided but not great. We also have problem with unwanted guests of flies, ants and cats that continue to visit all day long. Our take-away food from seafood restaurant were eaten by the cat. The food was wrapped intact, we left it on the counter of the kitchen. When we came back, after 3 hours, all the food was gone, what was left is only the wrapping paper. Oh. it is very digusting and a horrible sight to us. Just be careful with your food if you are going to stay there.

Room Tip: If you want a quieter room, choose the room furthest from the sharing pool located in the middle.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Monophobia,

Please allow me to take this opportunity to thank you for having selected Pat-Mase Villa at Jimbaran as your preferred destination for your recent vacation and your time to give us value feedback

I was very concerned on hearing that you had some challenges especially with unwanted guest (animals/ cat) we working with professional pest control to reduce the population however as our resort resounded by the community bit challenge for us. We fully confidence we could control them for the future.
Please accept my apologies for this isolated cases of service shortfalls. We have addressed the problems and wish to truly apologize for the shortfalls.
We hope that this has not marred completely your impression of the resort.

Once again my unreserved apologies.

I hope that overall you enjoyed your stay here at the resort.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Pat-Mase Villa Jimbaran and would be delighted to be of service to you again in the future.

Jakarta
Reviewed January 1, 2013

My family of 6 stays at the 4 bedroom villa (one bedroom upstairs was closed). The staffs was great and friendly although the facilities must had been more than 10 years old. Need better maintenance or renovation. We had meals at the villa either cooked our selves or for breakfast the staff will serve at the villa. Problem with having food at the villa is the constant unwanted guests of flies, ants and cats that continue to visit all day long.

Room Tip: Villa by the side road is noisy
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Rai-Bali, General Manager at Pat-Mase, Villas at Jimbaran, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Irsidh,

Appreciate very much for your time to give us value feedback during your stay with Pat-Mase Villa Jimbaran. We are on the progress of running our maintenance program to improve the quality of the villas including the landscape to ensure the environment of the resort could maintain well on the future.

Please accept my apologies for some challenge you had during your stay especially with unwanted guest insect and cat. We have addressed the problems and wish to truly apologize for the shortfalls. We hope that this has not marred completely your impression of the resort.

In the meantime I wish you a good weekend ahead.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Very interesting Villas, since we came from the city and stayed mostly in the city while on holidays, this is our first stay in Villa and countryside land.

Location is not very far from the beach, airport or Kuta.
Little further to sightseeing destination place due to traffic, peak season and holidays.

Villas provide shuttle private car for in-house guests, which is already a surplus.

The country itself is well accepted, an eye opener for first time visit to such a traditional country, I dint expect Balinese value their tradition so well preserved which we don’t practice it in our country. To us Balinese is well deserved respected country.

In Villas, apart from mozzies, we have no complains, I didn’t expect my hubby were so afraid of gecko the most while fighting over mozzies……poor him :( the service and accommodation is well appreciated.

We do have couples of suggestion for the hotel management to make upcoming guests stay more comfortable example to install a small potable houseflies detector in Villas (like where some resort in Malaysia did), installed in lobby and restaurant, a mozzie repeller in Villas, this will help to minimize insects in the Villas at the same time will not kill nature.

As for the restaurant, do ensure food which are serve in Villas to be covered in cling wrap which the restaurant staff (Mr Sarda) did for us the next day after we suggested to him. Very proactive, like his action and would like to thank him for his effort and thoughtfulness.

We would also like to extend our thanks to Miss Utari the lady whom on the night shift on our first day arrival for her thoughtfulness even we do not complain, she change our villa to least gecko habitat, to our surprise she took the effort and talk to her manager and have our villa change within the next 30 minutes with a welcome fruits plate.

Also to thanks the manager on duty whom I lost his name in mind but will not forgotten his kindness allowing Miss Utari to get our villa changed.

Not forgetting the two customer service ladies and porters in Lobby. Miss Aris and the rest for their kind and helpful gestures.

Last but not least would like to thanks the Villas management once again for leaving an Xmas heartshape chocolate with greeting card on our table wishing us Merry Xmas and Happy New Year….very very surprising! Little gesture comes a long way.

Honestly my working company owns a newly open Hotel in Kuta called The Stone but instead we choose Pat-Mase for the tranquility ambience, no regret at all.

Sad to hear some guest has bad experience staying in Pat-Mase, really hope Pat-Mase will listen and ensure all guests assurance so they will return to this beautiful Villas and Island again.

All the best to Pat-Mase, we hope to return soon.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Rai-Bali, General Manager at Pat-Mase, Villas at Jimbaran, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
Dear Abby 1674,

Greeting from Pat-Mase Villa Jimbaran and Happy New Year 2013.

Please allow me to take this opportunity to thank you for having selected the Pat-Mase Villa Jimbaran as your preferred destination for your recent vacation.

It was really pleasure to have you with us and glad to know you were enjoyed the facilities and the service. Our sincere apologies for the gecko which is creating unpleasant experienced on your first night and appreciate very much for your feedback during your stay with us definitely we will always improve our Villa facilities and services on future.

In the meantime I wish you a good weekend ahead and happy holiday.

Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Great place!

I have stayed there twice and both time it has been an excellent experience. I would recommend Pat-Mase for all families with children and groups. The service is spot on.

I would recommend them to pay a little more attention to the rooms and then I would be happy to give it 5 Stars. My first trip the room electricity has some issue but they fixed it. Second trip the A/C in one of the room had some problems which they tried to fix unsuccessfully.

We checked in early but the hotel manager was very courteous to let us some another villa temporary.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Rai-Bali, General Manager at Pat-Mase, Villas at Jimbaran, responded to this review, December 23, 2012
Dear Abhay J,

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year 2013.

It was really pleasure to have you with us and appreciate very much for your feedback. My apologies for the electrical issue and also your air condition were not properly work. We had been address & follow up the issue to ensure will not happen on future. We hope that this has not marred completely your impression of the resort

In the meantime I wish you a good weekend ahead and happy holiday.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I stayed there for two night. I had great time with family.

The villas we stayed were two bedroom villas with private pool and living room. It had its own kitchen as well. The air is fresh within the area and the surrounding was well organized. The design of the villas and the surrounding were very bali authentic.

The price was very reasonable. They had this large pool that can be shared together with few villas. I highly recommend this villas if you want to hang around with few people or family together.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear Nina K,

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2013.

It was really pleasure to have you with us and you were enjoyed the facilities and the service. Your feedback will be share with all teams to give them more motivation to maintain and improve the standard.

Once again thanks very much for your feedback and looking forward to welcome you back home in near future.

Happy holiday,

Dorset
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I don't like writing bad reviews about anywhere but unfortunately we were just a bit disappointed with this place. Location isn't that great (up on a hill, walking distance downhill into one end of Jimbaran but I certainly didn't want to walk back up that steep hill). Service was pretty average from the people at front desk. They just seem a bit dozy.

We did have a few issues which were sorted out (listed below) but the issues needn't have been there to begin with...

The first villa we were allocated had a 'home-made' bed (made of cheap plywood) which squeaked so loudly when you sat on it that we had to shift to a different villa. Fortunately the bed there was fine.

Mosquitos EVERYWHERE! They're big and vicious! We couldn't use the outdoor living area due to the mozzies. Even at breakfast where they set your food up on the dining table - we had to quickly eat before we got bitten (my husband was bitten 4 times in less than 5 mins). I asked if they could spray the garden. I was informed that they do it every Sunday. We checked in on a Monday! 5 mins later, they told us they would make an exception and would ask the guy to come and spray again. They should be spraying every day if it gets back during the rainy season, not just once a week.

We also had some small pieces of excrement on our bathroom floor on 2 occasions - looked like mouse poo but could have been from a gecko as we heard them in the roof.

The roll-top bath was a wow factor. However we weren't too keen to see a colony of ants walking up and down the windowsill just next to us. Also the water coming out of the tap was way too slow to fill the bath, so we had to switch the lever to the shower head to fill it up faster.

By the private pool (which was a little too cold for me) there were no sunloungers! We called to get some delivered. Unfortunately you couldn't relax for too long for fear of being bitten. The main pool between all the villas had just 2 sunloungers for the whole pool. There's a small gate between each villa and the main pool. Anyone could get into your villa therefore - it wasn't particularly safe.

The villa wasn't that private, From our bed, we could see across to the another villa's outdoor living area (through our garden). This meant we had to have our curtains drawn to have guaranteed privacy. Also the staff were found wandering round the garden a few times, no prior warning, they just turned up (sometimes to let us know the food was on the dining table, or that the pool had been cleaned for us). Why not install a door bell?

We ordered Nasi Goreng - tasteless compared to everywhere else we'd eaten in Bali. The breakfast was very average. Toast wasn't even toasted, they don't bring milk for you tea unless you ask for it (and then it comes in a cup which isn't easy to pour from).

The kitchen had no cooking pots/utensils that we could find. Why bother even having a kitchen?

The price quoted for a lift back to the airport was $20 (close to 200,000 Rupiah). It's not a lot, but when the guy directly across the road from the reception desk is charging 65,000, you feel like you're being ripped off. We used the guy over the road to drive us round the peninsula - very reasonable and a good personality.

It's a shame that all these things contributed to us not ever wanting to return because the architecture and gardens of Pat-Mase are exceptional. I hope they take the comments on board for future guests to have a better stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Rai-Bali, General Manager at Pat-Mase, Villas at Jimbaran, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear Louise 92,

I trust you had a smooth and uneventful journey back to your home.

Please allow me to take this opportunity to thank you for having selected the Pat-Mase Villa Jimbaran as your preferred destination for your recent vacation and appreciate very much for your value feedback.

Please accept my apologies for this isolated cases of service shortfalls and some challenge with the villa facilities. We have addressed the problems with all teams and wish to truly apologize for the shortfalls. We hope that this has not marred completely your impression of the resort.

Once again my unreserved apologies.

In the meantime I wish you a good weekend ahead.