“Like an all inclusive but better. Dreamy pools and views.”

AYANA Resort and Spa Bali
Ranked #13 of 60 Hotels in Jimbaran
Reviewed April 10, 2014

The Ayana was amazing. We were gifted two nights here for our honeymoon. We aren't resort type travelers but were excited to be here. We spent all our time lounging at pools, drinking amazing fresh beverages and taking walks. I loved that it didn't feel like a resort but a quiet get away. Our room was perfect - 4th floor facing the pool and restaurants. This side is nice be a use you get the sun during the day. The food options are amazing but the best was dinner at the seafood restaurant on the bluff. Our night together at dinner was something out of a fairy tale book with warm breezes, the waves crashing, amazing service and food and the distant lights of the city. A night to remember.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the pool and restaurant have nice sun during the day and are not loud.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Katy V
AYANARESORT, General Manager at AYANA Resort and Spa Bali, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2014

Dear ‘Katy V’

Thank you for sharing your feedback about AYANA Resort and Spa and the gift certificate you received through the Honeymoon Wishes program. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our unique facilities and the warm service during your honeymoon.

I look forward to welcoming you back for many more celebrations in the future.
Best regards,

Roger Habermacher

Write a ReviewReviews (3,802)

Reviewed April 9, 2014

Situated on the cliff in Jimbaran, the Ayana Resort and Spa is top notch. The infinity pool over looking the Indian Ocean was amazing. We had dinner at both Kisik Bar & Grill and Dava. Both dining experiences were unforgettable. At Kisik we had a table that overlooked the ocean at sunset. Amazing experience. At Dava we dined in the main dining room. The food was amazing. Seafood was ultra fresh.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chino B

Dear ‘Chino B’

Thank you for sharing your feedback about AYANA Resort and Spa. It is rewarding to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and I will share your glowing feedback with the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best regards,

Roger Habermacher

Reviewed April 3, 2014

This hotel is located in the place away from in the city center.
Therefore, you have to go to this hotel by taxi, and have to stay all day long.
However, you do not need to be worried.
You will not get bored even if you are staying at this hotel all day long
This hotel have some kind of pools, swim pool, good sea view spa, naight spa, and private pool.
Since there are some kind of restaurant, you can eat the different dish every meal..
If you have more badget, I recomend yo to use a VIP lounge. In which, there are some right meal, drink, and you can use every time.

This hotel is located beside the cast. Since this sea is not quiet, we cannot come out to the seashore.
This is a negative point.

Room Tip: every room is OK
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 3, 2014

This hotel was absolutely amazing from arrival to leaving. It is a five star hotel and certainly lives up to its rating and more. The grounds and pools are beautiful. We loved every minute of staying there. However some of the older people travelling with us (over 70's) found it too much in terms of distance between rooms, pool etc.

Room Tip: Try to get a room close to reception.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 30, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Ayana resort for my 40th Birthday in March 2014. From the moment we entered Ayana my wife and I simply said "WOW". A breathtaking resort with impeccable staff and service. I would go back to Bali purely to have another chance to stay at Ayana. On the night of my birthday, the staff at Padi (restaurant in Ayana) all made/signed a birthday card, sang happy birthday to me and brought me a brithday cake. This is service up and above what I have come to expect from any hotel in Australia.
My wife and I stayed in a Deluxe Ocean view room which was beautiful. The villas look absolutely amazing and I plan to take the kids in the next couple of years. The RockBar is breathtaking...but a little expensive...but with a view like that, it is worth every penny!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BaliinBali
Reviewed March 27, 2014

First off I would like to preface that I was looking at creative and romantic ways to propose to my girlfriend. I looked at a number of different venues, but after much thought I decided to go with Ayana’s Romantic Dining Experience.

Booking – quite an easy process but be warned if you want a specific day I would highly recommend booking way in advance for your special day. I was in contact a few months prior to when I initially pulled the trigger to make the booking just so I could have questions answered about the dinner and various scenarios. The initial date I wanted was unavailable and the type of dinner was also unavailable. I had wanted to book the candlelight dinner, but it was booked out so I ended up booking the Asmara about six weeks out.

Apparently there is only 1 booking for each dinner they have per night leaving only 4 bookings to be had. In order to secure the booking I had to send credit card details which shortly thereafter I received an email confirming my booking. I continued to communicate with them prior to the day itself with additional questions. I must admit I am rather impressed with the service they bring which is reassuring because you want everything to go perfectly.

Price – the evening is not cheap so if you are budget conscious I suggest you plan another venue. However this was a once in a lifetime event so I thought it was worth it at the end of the day. The cost for Asmara was around 1950000 IDR per person and this does not include cocktails or wine. There are other dinner options available ranging from 1850000 IDR to 2500000 IDR so you can go a bit less or way more depending on your budget. We declined any wine but I did order an additional cocktail while my better half just had water.

Pre-Dinner: VIP access to the Rock Bar was given. Hence we caught the sunset prior to dinner and had a cocktail without waiting in a massive line.

Ambiance: The personal butler guided us through the hotel property in the area where the dinner table was located. It was very dark and I know my girlfriend was wondering what was going on. Then we finally arrived and lead through a grassy area where candles are setup everywhere. At the end of the candled area was a lovely table setup within a gazebo like structure with stairs leading up to the pedestal. On the stairs there were rose petals spelling out the words: “I Love You”. I must say if you are not a romantic at heart then this entire setup might make you one. I was completely blown away and I know she was too. We were then given flower leis to wear while we waited to be served dinner.

Dinner: The dinner itself was a 5 course masterpiece where there is 2 options for each course. We decided to each do the opposite option to one another so we could sample both dishes the Chef was prepared to make. Bread was served initially with the additional drinks we ordered. We weren’t disappointed by the menu, but do try to arrive hungry because we found they gave very generous portions. We were completely stuffed by the end of dinner. The dishes were very well thought out and it was obviously the chef was extremely good at making the cuisine at your special occasion quite memorable. Our butler surprised us during dinner and provided us with wine at no charge. We thought that was a very lovely gesture to make for us.

Our Menu:
Sautéed duck foie gras,
raisin concassé, apple and fig terrine, macerated grapes

or

Atlantic scallop tartare, dill coulis and roasted cherry tomatoes,
parmesan shavings, vichyssoise, avruga caviar

Seafood bisque, yabbies and tomato ragout,
pickled fennel ravioli, orange salad

or

Mushroom cappuccino, wild mushroom ragout cannelloni (V)

Escargot and mushroom fricassee, basil pesto and tomato fondue,
deep-fried soft center egg, sweet onion cream

or

Pan-roasted black cod and oysters “à la meuniere”, tomato coulis,
crispy ham and potato rösti, hollandaise sauce

Lobster tail “au gratin”, pumpkin and pistachio agnolotti,
pineapple carpaccio, brown butter cream, roasted beetroot

or

Grilled wagyu beef tenderloin, roasted bone marrow
celeriac puree, mushroom powder, golden chanterelle

Frozen matcha green tea parfait, chocolate streusel,
white chocolate agar,
raspberry gel, blood orange sorbet

or

Pumpkin crème brûlée, honey granola and spiced chocolate crémeux, orange coulis, vanilla ice-cream

Entertainment: During dessert 2 lads with a guitar appeared and serenaded us. I had forgotten about this and it took me by surprise when they did show up. Basically we had the ability to choose 3 songs for them to sing to us. Well we both had brain freeze and couldn’t think of anything at the moment. I probably should have thought that one out prior but I was more concentrated on proposing. Anyways they did a good job singing to us and the singers ended by choosing:

1. Enrique Iglesias - Hero
2. Bryan Adams – Everything You Do I Do It For You
3. Rod Stewart - Have I Told You Lately I Love You

Proposal: Overlooking the water and everything went as I had planned. (A Big Yes)

Payment: Hotel accepts credit card or IDR so you can do either. I ended up tipping our butler a nice amount for making the night so memorable.

Summary:
I wouldn’t hesitate to do this again and I really have no regrets. If you want a great experience with a staff who actually looks after you on your special night I would say go for it. The entire researching, booking and the dinner itself experience was top notch. It is pricey but if you are going for a once in a lifetime memory I do believe you need to go out 1000%.

Pros:
-Romantic setting
-Great menu with deliciously prepared food
-Singing Duo was really good
-Incredible staff from booking, personal butler, chef

Cons:
-Need to plan way in advance for type of dinner/day requested
-Price is on the high end, but well worth it for a special occasion.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Britmaveric
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I had my weddingmoon at Ayana, it was just me and my husband and our photographer attending. Coordinating everything from the US wasn't as hard as we thought it'd be considering the time change.

There were very accommodating in moving our ceremony time earlier. We didn't think about lighting for pictures and an earlier time allowed us to get pictures during sunset around the resort/beach. The planning was easy, the ceremony was just OK. We couldn't understand what our priest was saying and the violinist wasn't that great.

Overall, food was great there and service is excellent! Highly recommend making reservations for cliff side seating at Kisik at sunset for dinner. One of the best dinner views you will ever have.

One thing we were disappointed in is how the rooms were handled. During our 8 day stay we spent the first few nights in a club room, then transitioned to a Villa, and then had an ocean view club suite. When we had talked to our coordinator about a middle option between the Villa and Club room, we were told the Club Suite was not an option. Had we of known it was, we would have clearly chosen it! In my opinion the Villas were over rated. Definitely opt for the Club Suite, it was awesome having the Club for breakfast and lunch. The service is great, food was good and beer/wine is offered.

Things I would have liked to have known:
* The beach is not swimmable, this is 100% a pool resort. The salt water pool is AWESOME, get there early to get a spot during the day or at sunset.

* There's nothing near the hotel - plus side, it's private and not party central. You can easily take a cab to Seminyak for $20 and be there in 30+ minutes. Definitely recommend checking it out, especially Potato Head Beach Club.

Room Tip: Choose an ocean view club suite!! The food and drink options offered in the club are great and will...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jimbaran
RIMBA Jimbaran BALI by AYANA
Hilton Bali Resort
#23 of 55 in Nusa Dua
2 mi away
INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort

Been to AYANA Resort and Spa Bali? Share your experiences!