“Villas are amazing”

AYANA Resort and Spa Bali
Ranked #13 of 57 Hotels in Jimbaran
Reviewed March 1, 2014

The grounds and villas at this resort are first class - as would be expected by a hotel that was built by the Ritz Carlton. My husband and I had a romantic couple days here, and recommend it enthusiastically. If you want to lie on a quiet, flat beach, this is not your place but the setting is fantastic if you like beautiful views from the cliffs, wonderful pools, and sophisticated gardens and buildings. If you book a villa you can eat at the dining room exclusive to guests of the villas, which is a bonus if you don't like breakfast buffet lines in the morning. You also get preferential treatment making reservations at the restaurants and you don't have to wait in line for the Rock Bar (saved us over an hour). The staff was friendly and helpful. We will remember our stay at the Ayana as one of our best hotel stays.

Room Tip: If you can get a good deal on a villa, take it!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
AYANARESORT, General Manager at AYANA Resort and Spa Bali, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Dear 'casadeboys'

Thank you for sharing your experience after staying at AYANA Resort and Spa.

I am very happy to know that you had a romantic experience in your private pool Villa and also enjoyed the priority access to Rock Bar, and warm and caring service.

I am so glad that you will always remember AYANA, and I hope that we see you again soon to create more amazing memories.

Best regards,

Roger Habermacher

Write a ReviewReviews (3,753)

Reviewed March 1, 2014

My husband and me stayed at Ayana for our 10th wedding anniversary. We can not fault this place! From the minute we passed through hotel security to check in it was all warm welcomes. The staff here are amazing! We could not find anyone more welcoming and helpful (nothing was ever too much to ask) the villas.............an experience in itself! We were very lucky to have been upgraded to the cliff villa. It was just like the pictures, the bathtub/bathroom was out of this world! The villas were very private and secluded, we never felt like we had any neighbours. The food here was exceptional, lots of choice and the flavours......!! The restaurant staff excellent. We were lucky enough to enjoy our sunsets at The Rockbar each evening, this was truly the best bar we have been to in the world. Highly recommend a sun downer here, we felt like " rock stars" very VIP ;)) we could not fault the staff here either!!!! Another memorie was the ocean view pool.........we sat and enjoyed the view here for over half a day! Amazing! Our over all experience was 6star!!! We highly recommend the villas at Ayana.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

Just had my 6th visit at Ayana and still experienced amazing service every where & from every staff member. Greeted us like old friends. Have stayed at many other hotels around Nusa Dua & Legian but non compares to the Ayana.

Room Tip: I have stayed in 6 different rooms in different parts of the hotel & had no problems with any of...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Eve B

Dear ‘Eve B’

Thank you for being such a loyal guest, it is truly rewarding to hear that you enjoy the resort even more, every time you visit, and that our team members take care of you as their own family.

I look forward to always welcoming you back home again soon.

Warm regards,

Roger Habermacher

Reviewed February 26, 2014

since beginning from Ritz Caltron Hotel (Ayana's bfore name hotel) i do love their location..very nice private location and views. the staffs are all very friendly and wonderful, In last Dec i was stayed in their Private Villa,so they got butlers who everytime i call they came in just for a minutes, a private pools which is very nice. the rooms are comfortables..who didnt know their famous bar "Rock Bar" who is very stunning to see the sunset. their breakfast are all good,very lots of varians. so everything's in Ayana are FLAWLESS,STUNNING,and AMAZING.
cant wait to get comeback there again..!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Welly T
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Fantastic way to wind down at Ayana, couldn't have asked for anything more. We stayed in the ocean deluxe room which was very clean and had amazing views of the gardens & ocean.
Breakfast was included every day and you have access to everything at the resort. Including the spa jacuzzi (FREE!). Was never too much trouble to organise a driver if we wanted to go somewhere and the free shuttle to Rimba was great. Rock bar was amazing too!
All in all I would be back to stay again. Worth every penny

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Foodisyum
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I've stayed in ayana with my husband and my 3 years old daughter. Ayana location in jimbaran near jimbaran resto muaya beach. When we arrived,I really surprised because the front counter know my name. They welcoming us very nicely. Check in process quick and perfect. The staff in ayana very helpfull and well trained. We stayed at resort view room. Room are stunning, nice decorating, very comfy bed, clean, absolutely perfect. Resort view was amazing,nice garden, nice pool, everything is excellent. In afternoon we were going to rock bar. The view from top bar very amazing, must go to this place. Menu is little bit limited, price is reasonable, but the view was extraordinary, beautiful sunset at rock bar.
Breakfast is good, a lot of choices from japanese, western, indonesian, etc. After breakfast we're going to rimba, ayana new sister hotel. For info ayana guest can enjoy all rimba facilities, and rimba guest also can use ayana facilities. It's cool right..we use cute tram to rimba. Rimba is nice hotel with minimalis design, had a lot of pool, nice lobby. Both are great hotel, but ayana still the best for me. Absolutely back to ayana, loved it...

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I had high expectations of this hotel, and the bottom line is that my stay there could have been better. It is the small things that negated what could have been a great experience.

The location was fantastic, giving the guest great views along the cliffs. The resort itself was sprawling, and one could spend the whole week there without having to leave the grounds. While the hotel facilities were great, you couldn't help but have the feeling that it was a tired hotel. The rooms were comfortable, but the lighting and dark wood accents made it feel gloomy.

Things didn't go as planned when I checked in. Coming in from a long flight and arriving late at night (an hour to get gh immigration and another 20 mins waiting for the hotel car), I couldnt wait to get to my room and have room service, and this is when things didn't quite go as planned.

My room was some distance from the reception area. When I got there, I couldn't enter as there was already someone occupying the room! So I had to go back to reception -- luggage and all -- to straighten things out. When I finally got a room, I spent some time looking for the compendium to order dinner. Couldn't find it, and it took another 20 minutes before someone brought to my room some pages from the compendium (the menu part) but not the full compendium itself, I could Anot log into the Internet as well, and they had to send a technician to sort it out. I must say though that the staff were very friendly and apologetic, and I was too tired to complain about it.

There are several restaurants in the resort which allows for variety in food. Best place for drinks is the Rock Bar. Nothing outstanding about the food itself, and I felt the menu was a bit limited.

I got a room at the ground level, which was really convenient. It was facing the garden, and unfortunately it didn't allow natural light to enter thAat much. Suggest you go for rooms at the higher levels.

I've been to other resorts in the Nusa Dua and Jimbaran area, and while Ayana was okay, it unfortunately is in the lower half of my list.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank David E
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jimbaran
RIMBA Jimbaran BALI by AYANA
Grand Hyatt Bali
Grand Hyatt Bali
#21 of 54 in Nusa Dua
The Villas at AYANA Resort

Been to AYANA Resort and Spa Bali? Share your experiences!