“Amazing & stunning..”

Ranked #13 of 57 Hotels in Jimbaran
Surabaya, Jawa Timur, Indonesia
“Amazing & stunning..”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I've stayed in ayana with my husband and my 3 years old daughter. Ayana location in jimbaran near jimbaran resto muaya beach. When we arrived,I really surprised because the front counter know my name. They welcoming us very nicely. Check in process quick and perfect. The staff in ayana very helpfull and well trained. We stayed at resort view room. Room are stunning, nice decorating, very comfy bed, clean, absolutely perfect. Resort view was amazing,nice garden, nice pool, everything is excellent. In afternoon we were going to rock bar. The view from top bar very amazing, must go to this place. Menu is little bit limited, price is reasonable, but the view was extraordinary, beautiful sunset at rock bar.
Breakfast is good, a lot of choices from japanese, western, indonesian, etc. After breakfast we're going to rimba, ayana new sister hotel. For info ayana guest can enjoy all rimba facilities, and rimba guest also can use ayana facilities. It's cool right..we use cute tram to rimba. Rimba is nice hotel with minimalis design, had a lot of pool, nice lobby. Both are great hotel, but ayana still the best for me. Absolutely back to ayana, loved it...

• Stayed February 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (588)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

I had high expectations of this hotel, and the bottom line is that my stay there could have been better. It is the small things that negated what could have been a great experience.

The location was fantastic, giving the guest great views along the cliffs. The resort itself was sprawling, and one could spend the whole week there without having to leave the grounds. While the hotel facilities were great, you couldn't help but have the feeling that it was a tired hotel. The rooms were comfortable, but the lighting and dark wood accents made it feel gloomy.

Things didn't go as planned when I checked in. Coming in from a long flight and arriving late at night (an hour to get gh immigration and another 20 mins waiting for the hotel car), I couldnt wait to get to my room and have room service, and this is when things didn't quite go as planned.

My room was some distance from the reception area. When I got there, I couldn't enter as there was already someone occupying the room! So I had to go back to reception -- luggage and all -- to straighten things out. When I finally got a room, I spent some time looking for the compendium to order dinner. Couldn't find it, and it took another 20 minutes before someone brought to my room some pages from the compendium (the menu part) but not the full compendium itself, I could Anot log into the Internet as well, and they had to send a technician to sort it out. I must say though that the staff were very friendly and apologetic, and I was too tired to complain about it.

There are several restaurants in the resort which allows for variety in food. Best place for drinks is the Rock Bar. Nothing outstanding about the food itself, and I felt the menu was a bit limited.

I got a room at the ground level, which was really convenient. It was facing the garden, and unfortunately it didn't allow natural light to enter thAat much. Suggest you go for rooms at the higher levels.

I've been to other resorts in the Nusa Dua and Jimbaran area, and while Ayana was okay, it unfortunately is in the lower half of my list.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank David E
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Wonderful atmosphere, lovely rooms, wonderful staff, stunning views, good food, fantastic "Rock Bar," very good all round.

Only criticism is having to pay for internet access in the rooms. A bit mean when you are paying out so much. Still make the 5 stars since they were otherwise flawless!

I normally only write reviews when a hotel has been terrible, but was truly inspired here.

Room Tip: Any of them. We had the most basic which exceeded expectations. Huge, clean, very nice interior deco...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Port Moresby, National Capital, Papua New Guinea
Reviewed February 23, 2014

The resort is far bigger than I first thought and set in well maintained, landscaped gardens that transfer you from the general hustle n bustle of Bali.
There are plenty of choices at Ayana, rooms, restaurants / bars and pools! Therefore no need to feel like you're being crowded.
The room I stayed in was nicely furnished with a very comfortable four poster bed and ocean views over the top of the garden directly below the room.
One tip, if you want to visit the Rock Bar get in early, it gets pretty busy and there appears to be quite a queue on most afternoons.
A must while you stay at Ayana is a visit to the spa and try the aquatonic pool. My first time using a pool like this and will be looking to come back even if it's only to use the pool facility.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Great experience stayed at Ayana, All you need is in one place. You don't have to go outside of the hotel area since you can enjoy yourself and time flies by very fast, I can assure you that one.
The room, infinity pool, food, entertainment, etc. They provided the relaxing atmosphere while enjoying the luxury the hotel offers. The staff were superb and friendly.
Definitely would stay again at Ayana.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Perth, Australia
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

we stayed at the ayana resort for 2 nights in feb for our 25 wedding anniversary we booked the club room with ocean view the staff were fantastic in the club rooms always there with a friendly smile and service without being over the top very nice staff the club rooms offer food and drink which is included in price from 7 am till 11 pm with great chefs cooking different items kiki cooked one of the best risotto I have ever had the ayana resort is beautiful yes you do pay perth prices for drinks at the rock bar but you won t get the view in perth and when you use the pools they bring you free water and fruit (you wont get that in perth)over all fantastic place and staff thank you for making our stay so special and thank you to house keeping for the happy anniversary done in red rose pedals thank you every one mr and mrs bullock

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Singapore
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Heard a lot about Ayana, so I booked a 2-nights weekend getaway with my wife. We paid a premium for the seaview deluxe room.
We were warmly received at the entrance and ushered to the seats next to the check-in counter. We were told to wait and the check-in staff will attend to us. After 30 minutes, nobody came forth. So, we went over to the counter and was told that they have no idea. Then, we were told that our room will only be ready about 5pm. When we finally get our room, we could not enter as the key-card did not work. So, another 20 minutes of wait outside our room. They keys failed again when we return after dinner.
The hotel is the good old Balinese style but need some maintenance and upgrading. The Rock Bar is beautiful, though the quality of the drinks and food has nothing to shout about.
So, in conclusion, the only advantage staying at Ayana is to have priority access to the Rock Bar. For that sake, you may want to stay at the sister hotel Rimba, which is spanking new, cheaper and has priority queue to Rock Bar too. Alternatively, you can have a good drink, great sunset view and food at some restaurants nearby, like the El Kabron.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jimbaran
RIMBA Jimbaran BALI by AYANA
The Legian Bali
#7 of 145 in Seminyak
The Villas at AYANA Resort BALI
INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort

Been to AYANA Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!