“Last stop on our Honeymoon”

AYANA Resort and Spa
Ranked #13 of 57 Hotels in Jimbaran
New York City, New York
“Last stop on our Honeymoon”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

We loved our Cliff Side Villa and access to the Rock Bar and the private feel of the Villa side. We would never go to the other side as it's seems like a "disneyland" feel with so many people and real average facilities. We like luxury - would be good for kids as they offer lots of activities.

Pro's: Well appointed large Villa's, priority line at Rock Bar with preference of great seating, good breakfast, good food/atmosphere at the fish restaurant on the cliff. Excellent views.

Con's: Outdated gym, Thalassotherapy was very disappointed - we both smelled like chlorine when it was supposed to be salt water, very large feel, not great service on check in (we had just come from the Four Seasons where it was exceptional).Chlorine pools at Villa's.

Room Tip: If you're looking for luxury, I would opt for a villa. We would not stay at their main hotel.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DSMTravel91
AYANARESORT, General Manager at AYANA Resort and Spa, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dear ‘DSMTravel91’

Thank you for sharing your feedback after staying at AYANA Resort and Spa.

It was an honor to be chosen as the venue for the final part of your honeymoon in Bali. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your Cliff Villa, breakfast at DAVA, dinner at Kisik Restaurant and the Rock Bar.

I greatly appreciate your comments on areas where we can improve and exceed guest expectations. Our Aquatonic Seawater Jet Pool is maintained in accordance with the strict standards from Thermes Marins headquarters in France, with annual visits by the Thermes Marins team to ensure we maintain the correct seawater and chlorine balance, jet pressure and overall spa experience. We also regularly replace the water, at a rate of 30 liters for every guest who uses the Aquatonic Pool. Of our five swimming pools at AYANA, we have a seawater pool next to Kisik, the Ocean Beach Pool, which is not for children under 12 years old. I note your comment on the Hotel area of the resort being favored by families and guests who prefer to be close to recreation facilities and the various restaurants, while the Villas are popular with couples seeking maximum privacy. My apologies that you did not feel that you were warmly welcomed upon arrival at AYANA, and I will review this with our Villa team and butlers to improve.

Thank you for your feedback on the fitness center, our owner continually invests in the hotel to maintain the quality of our facilities based on guest feedback, so thank you for sharing your comments. I would also like to inform you that we just opened a sister hotel within AYANA property, RIMBA Jimbaran Bali, where there are another 6 swimming pools, rooftop bar, 2 restaurants, and a state-of-the-art fitness center with WiFi-enabled equipment with built-in touchscreens. I do hope you will visit us again in the future, and perhaps enjoy the new gym at RIMBA.

Thank you again for your constructive feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Roger Habermacher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (588)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

We had a nice and relaxing time at this resort. Staff had try to help us to have a stress free vacation time such as extention of the lunch time at the club lounge, and trying to find our favorite tropical fruit (mangosteen) for the breakfast. Hearing that we like tropical fruit so much Padma, one of the staff there even suggested to take us to the Badung day market which we accepted.
We also requested to have another room with a better view of the ocean. After checking with the manager, we were quickly and smoothly upgraded.
Even though my birthday had already passed by a few days, the hotel host who checked us in informed me that I could celebrate the event with a free birthday cake and asked me when I would like to have it.
In sum, staff friendliness and attentiveness were the number one highlight of our stay. Of all our travels, we found that people in Bali were the most friendly.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear ‘lily n’

Thank you for sharing your experience after staying at AYANA Resort and Spa, and belated happy birthday to you!

I am pleased to know that you enjoyed a relaxing stay at AYANA especially the exclusive benefits of the Club Lounge including complimentary food and beverages all day. It is a great pleasure to know that our team members made you feel a part of the family, and I will personally share your comments with Padma. I’m glad you enjoyed the opportunity to visit the markets with him.

Once again thank you and I look forward to welcoming you back to AYANA for another memorable celebration.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed January 21, 2014

From the entrance experience to the personalized guided tour of the check-in process to our Club Lounge rooms, Ayana's hospitality is top notch.

The resort is HUGE and everything seems to be taken care of on a routine and frequent basis. Staff were pleasant and polite and very helpful.

The room was great too, with an ocean view, balcony and a cabana bed that makes the trip very worth while. The selection of snacks and beverages at the club lounge was also good with a free flow of booze.

Must try all of the pools, especially the infinity salt water pool.

Rockbar is also a mandatory place to visit, where the hotel guests get priority access to bar despite the long lines.

Room Tip: Get the Club Lounge package, it's well worth it
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear ‘Ardhi R’

Thank you for sharing your romantic experience at AYANA Resort and Spa.

It was an honor to be chosen as the venue for your honeymoon in one of our Club Rooms. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the resort facilities including the Club Lounge special benefits, Ocean Beach Pool, Rock Bar and warm service from our team members.

Again thank you and I look forward to welcoming you back to AYANA soon.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 18, 2014

We had our wedding in Ayana, was complete paradise
Friends family stayed there also and rooms were great. food was amazing. We had planned to stay for 1 week, was so nice, all restaurants pools we had to stay longer when we compared it to other hotels in the region our friends were staying, infact 2 groups of friends asked us to help them get a room here, and the staff was very accommodating and got them rooms..
After all this.. We had to stay another week. was extra on the wallet but well worth it
Was our honeymoon period also there and wouldn't want or change that time ever again
WAs 6 star treatment, staff so helpful welcoming
truly recommend this place and we will be coming back to stay one day

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Chris Diana C
AYANARESORT, General Manager at AYANA Resort and Spa, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Dear ‘Chris Diana C’

Thank you for sharing your experience at AYANA Resort and Spa.

Congratulations on your wedding, it was an honor to be chosen as the venue for your celebration. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much that you extended for an extra week.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future perhaps for an anniversary celebration!

Canberra
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Our second visit to Ayana was just as sensational as the first. This time we stayed in a club room suite and it was sensational. The club room was just as good as before and we spent many an hour there enjoying a great range of drinks and food which were included in our tariff. Although the resort is rather secluded there are still plenty of options to occupy your time. We found the staff very helpful, courteous and happy. Ayana now has a sister resort called Rimba which is just a free shuttle tram ride away. This resort is very chic and modern and if you stay at Ayana you can share their facilities or vice versa. We booked through My Holiday and took advantage of the free $1000 American to spend in the resort. Also you can't go past the service that My Bali provide. They assist you through the airport and deliver you to the hotel with a minimum of fuss. They pick you up at the end of your stay and assist you through the airport again. Ayana Resort is a safe beautiful resort to stay in and I would recommend it to anyone wanting to escape to a tropical paradise.

Room Tip: The club suite was a great suite to stay in but the club rooms are also great.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Noelene R
Dear ‘Noelene R’

Thank you for sharing your experience after staying at AYANA Resort and Spa.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay in a Club Suite and the exclusive benefits including the Club Lounge access. As you mentioned, AYANA is located 20 minutes drive from the airport and 30-40 minutes from the busy tourist area of Kuta, making it popular with travelers seeking maximum relaxation and sanctuary.

I am also delighted that you visited our new sister hotel RIMBA Jimbaran Bali and enjoyed its facilities including UNIQUE Rooftop Bar, Ah Yat Abalone Seafood Restaurant, 6 swimming pools and complimentary Wi-Fi. Both guests of AYANA and RIMBA may use any facilities at either hotel, with integrated room billing to charge back to your room or villa at either hotel, and complimentary resort shuttle.

Again thank you and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future to either AYANA or RIMBA – or perhaps, both!

Geneal Manager
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Ayana Resort and spa is on a pretty large piece of estate. This meant that you even though you could take a taxi and visit Jimbaran, you are practically stuck at the resort. The resort is admittedly nice and well maintained, but the extras can pack a wallop to your wallet. So the basic price is reasonable, but the add ons are where they make their money.

I stayed at the Ayana to attend a friend's wedding, but I just did not like the feel of the place. It felt like the place was made to generate profit from the guests.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ngiap_Heng
AYANARESORT, General Manager at AYANA Resort and Spa, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear ‘Ngiap_Heng’

Thank you very much for your feedback after staying at AYANA Resort and Spa.

I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed AYANA’s resort grounds and views, however I regret that you felt the service was driven by financial goals. We pride ourselves on taking care of each and every guest as though they are at our own home, and we personalize our service to anticipate different guests’ needs and desires. Nothing makes our team happier than seeing happy guests return time after time, in which we believe lays our true ‘profitability’. We offer many complimentary experiences such as cultural activites around the resort including Balinese music and art demonstrations, and recreational facilities for guests’ enjoyment. In terms of pricing, I am glad that you found the room rate reasonable for the high quality of the room. In relation to other services, we constantly review our pricing against other 5-star resorts in Bali to ensure we remain competitive, whilst providing the highest quality and unique experiences for guests. Jimbaran is a 5-minute drive away and also offers guests many options for dining and exploring the local area and fish markets.

I greatly appreciate your comments which enable us to highlight areas where we can improve and exceed guest expectations, and I thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

This was my first resort experience. I usually prefer to stay at smaller places but we were here for a birthday celebration and couldn't have been happier!

The service was amazing and nothing was too much trouble. The pools were amazing and great service there too. The breakfast was sensational- so much choice! We stayed in a room the first 2 nights and then upgraded to a private villa for our last night- AMAZING!!! So worth the extra money. Our private butler was great and nothing was too much trouble.

We ate at one of the restaurants and also at the rock bar- both were great. You pay more resort prices, but you'd expect that and it was well worth it! Rock bar was great!

Only criticism was that wifi is an extra charge at $20 a day which is pretty steep, especially with what you pay to stay there. Also the spa was very expensive in comparison to other spas in Bali, but I heard that it's worth the money. We didn't go there.

I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone who is after pure luxury!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear ‘Kurtzy83’

Thank you for sharing your experience at AYANA Resort and Spa and belated happy birthday!

It’s truly rewarding to have been chosen as the host of your birthday celebration and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay in particular your room room and your private pool villa, butler service, Rock Bar, breakfast at Padi Restaurant and DAVA.

I note your comment on the WiFi internet service, which is additional fee of Rp200,000/day for guests of the hotel rooms and suites. Internet is complimentary for Villa guests and is also provided complimentary in the Club Lounge for Club-level guests. Our WiFi service is 30mbps which is among the fastest of Bali 5-star resorts, and we charge additional price to avoid putting rates up for all guests, if we were to include internet in the room and pass on the price to the room rate. However, we are reviewing our policy based on guest feedback.

Again thank you and I look forward to welcoming you back for another amazing experience in the future.

Roger Habermacher
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jimbaran
RIMBA Jimbaran BALI by AYANA
The Legian Bali
#7 of 145 in Seminyak
The Villas at AYANA Resort BALI
INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort

Been to AYANA Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!