“Still the best resort I've seen and stayed!”

AYANA Resort and Spa
Ranked #13 of 55 Hotels in Jimbaran
Brisbane, Australia
“Still the best resort I've seen and stayed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

I was looking for a resort where I can choose to stay and relax.
Ayana is beyond what I expected.
I love the ocean beach pool & rock bar the most! The last day we also discovered Kubu beach! IT was amazing!
I look forward to stay at ANAYA again!

Room Tip: Definitely choose one of the club rooms! It is worth it!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
AYANARESORT, General Manager at AYANA Resort and Spa, responded to this review, December 22, 2013
Dear ‘Jeni W’

Thank you for sharing your experience at AYANA Resort and Spa.

I am delighted to know that you have a relaxing stay and felt spoilt with our facilities, pool, beach and Rock Bar.

Again thank you and I look forward to welcoming you back to AYANA.

Warmest regards,

Roger Habermacher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (568)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at ayana for my honeymoon last month. We stayed in a suite in the club section. Whilst it was great to be able to pop in for a drink or a snack in the club lounge whenever we wanted I just don't think it was worth the extra cost. The food was pretty average compared to the other restaurants in the resort and not very substantial. The drink choice was also pretty limited.

In saying that the resort was amazing. The grounds are spectacular and so well maintained. Even though the resort was almost at full capacity whilst we were there it never felt crowded. Sometimes we would be the only two people by the pool (the River pool is the best!). We ate at almost all the restaurants and apart from the Italian restaurant (who wants Italian in bali anyway) the food was incredible. The kisik grill is stupidly expensive for bali but I tell you it was some of the best seafood I've eaten in my life!

I wouldn't really recommend the rock bar. Its a massive tourist trap and even as guests we waited almost half an hour to get in. The view is equally amazing at the ocean pool and you can sip your cocktail in the pool while watching the sunset.

Or go to the roof top bar at rimba - it is amazing! There are no crowds, incredible surroundings , good drinks and wonderful personalised service. There is a free shuttle bus every 15 mins to and from rimba.

The service was incredible as u would expect. At breakfast of a morning we would be greeted by the staff by our name which was really nice. The staff were al ways willing to help and offer suggestions and help in planning our day trips.

Jimbaran beach is only a aud $3 taxi fare away, make sure you had down there for a seafood dinner on the beach.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear ‘rachele313’

Thank you for sharing your experience at AYANA Resort and Spa.

I am delighted that you enjoyed a memorable and relaxing honeymoon at AYANA, in particular the variety of pools and restaurants across the resort, the service from our team members, and selection of food and beverages.

I am also thankful that you have visited and recommend UNIQUE Rooftop Bar that located at our new family member RIMBA Jimbaran Bali.

Again thank you and I look forward to have your back perhaps for your wedding anniversary at AYANA.

Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

The Ayana Resort & Spa in the southern part of Bali is a busy and vibrant yet exciting resort that will enhance your 'Bali' experience. The resort is quite friendly to those who like hotels with moderately large crowds as the Ayana is generally quite busy. The hotel is a fantastic getaway for all people and offers a vast range of amenities.

The pools are fantastic to swim in, especially the River Pool. The River Pool is my favourite as it is the least popular pool and is two-tiered with many cool shady spots in the pool itself, including one under the hangover part of the top tier. The Ocean Beach Pool is just as nice with meals available to your lounge chair as a great bonus feature. The other pools are not as good and a bit of a let down if you visit them after swimming in the other two, but nether the less all pools are terrific.

The immense variety of restaurants truly prove to be a key feature of the resort as there are seven restaurants inside the hotel along with two bars and two cafes-a vast amount I know! Although I only stayed here for the day it was a fantastic experience to have an evening drink at the Rock Bar as there aren't many open top rock bars in the world like Ayana's'. The Ocean View from the gondola is magnificent and offers a great view over the Indian Ocean.

The Ayana Resort is a fantastic resort in Bali and a great location to stay and or visit for a day trip. As earlier mentioned, the pools are spectacular as well as the density in restaurants, bars and cafes. I recommend this resort to anyone who loves an ocean view with great dining.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank maxamoh
Dear ‘maxamoh’

Thank you for taking your time sharing your experience following your recent stay at AYANA Resort and Spa.

It is truly rewarding for me to be the host for your short escape and delighted to know that you felt spoilt with our varieties of pool and indulge by our dining option that made your stay memorable.

I look forward to welcoming you back to AYANA in the near future.

Phuket, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

As a family we have been blessed to stay in some magical resorts but without exception we all agreed that this is special. The property is older in style but the team work so diligently on the upkeep that you have no sense of its age, except that the gardens are mature and fabulous. We are currently staying in a newish resort in Seminyak and it just doesn't have the tender love and care that The Ayana has and whilst our current hotel is new it seems jaded. This is not the case at The Ayana. We had a week there. A family trip. 6 of us. The resort is huge. The rock bar is amazing. Loved Sami Sami the Italian restaurant. We had Club Rooms and were so well taken care of. Lovely rooms. well appointed. My daughters room flooded from a problem in the next room and the hotel response was brilliant. 4 am and there was an army of people to move her to a suite. Nothng was too much trouble. The new sister hotel The Rimba next door is uber modern and worth a visit. Lovely roof top bar. Quite hip and trendy. Love the Ayana. Congrats to Roger and his team. We shall be back.

Room Tip: We stayed at The Club Rooms. 6 of us so we had 3 rooms. All were great.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear ‘Liveinhope2306’

It was my pleasure to be the host of you and your family for a relaxing holiday in Bali. I am also delighted that your enjoy the resort facilities, caring and attentive staff and find that your are indulge with our dining including the Rock Bar.

I am also thankful that you spare your time to visit our new family member RIMBA Jimbaran Bali that offering different concept of modern design, sunset views, unique facilities and complimentary wi-fi for all guest.

Again thank you and I look forward to have you back to AYANA in the near future.

Taoyuan, Taiwan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

I stayed there for 5 days 2 years ago.
I chose there for my honeymoon location because their website showed that their ocean view villas had very beautiful ocean scenery.
But in fact, their ocean view villa(2016) can only see little ocean which was as big as a coin!
When I questioned their staff, they answered:" All our villas are called ocean view villas"!
Since it was my honeymoon the only one time in my life, I agreed to move to another villa(3004) and spent extra US$200 per day for two days.
After I got home, I sent an email to their website complaining my bad feeling of being deceived by their website photos and they didn't give me any response uintil now!
By the way, their bed sheet(2016) was quite dirty and their pavilions(2016,3004) had too many bugs to be used.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank hdro
AYANARESORT, General Manager at AYANA Resort and Spa, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear ‘hdro’

Thank you for sharing your feedback following your stay two years ago at AYANA Resort and Spa. I appreciate your belated comments on opportunities where we can improve.

I regret that your stay with us was not up to your expectations. Being located within the 77 hectares of land on the cliffs of AYANA, most of our private villas provide ocean views. Our standard villa category is called Ocean View, and the villas at the front with premium views are called Ocean Front. We have reviewed our website content and find it is representative of the actual views from each room category, and facilities.

I apologize about the lack of response to your email two years ago, this is certainly not standard practice for our team as we very much appreciate all guest feedback and do take into consideration all comments, and reply to each. I’m sorry that you did not receive a reply.

Thank you again for your comments.

Perth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

My husband and our 2 year old daughter Lola stayed here again for just under a week, and what else can I say but wow! We wanted a quick getaway to just relax, and that's exactly what we got.

It was the 4th time staying here for us and we absolutely love it. The hotel is luxurious, the grounds and pools are stunning and the food is delicious. There is no need to leave the resort.

But what really sets this resort apart is the staff. The service is second to none. My husband particularly likes the way they greet us " welcome home". The staff all greet us by name. They manage to be so warm and friendly and treat you like part of the family whilst always displaying the utmost professionalism. They especially fuss over our 2 year old daughter!

There are many individual staff members who helped make our trip amazing. Firstly Ami from Padi restaurant and Padmi from the from desk are absolute assets! To this resort! Ami even remembered my daughters birthday was a few months ago and greeted us with a present for her! Padmi and all the staff on the front desk has gone above and beyond to make our stays always wonderful. Also Pandi from the spa and Ratni from Danma Terrace and all staff around the main pool and breakfast staff at Padi Padi restaurant. I hope these staff members will be recognised for superior service and a contributing factor to why will be returning again soon!!

My only negative would have to be the area around the children's pool can sometimes be a little cramped. I would like to see the area made larger and with sun lounges instead of just chairs around this pool as well.

Thanks again for an amazing holiday Ayana,
The Vines family,
Perth Australia.

• Stayed October 2013
AYANARESORT, General Manager at AYANA Resort and Spa, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Dear ‘Familyvines’

Thank you for sharing your experience at AYANA Resort and Spa.

It was truly rewarding for us to be chosen as the venue for your family holiday and I am delighted that you enjoyed our facilities including the cuisine. We take great pride in our caring service and attentive anticipation of guests’ needs. I will personally share your positive note to Ami, Pandi and Ratni as positive comments from guest always inspire our team to keep up their fine service.

Referring to your note on the children’s pool, I will review this with our Design team.

Again thank you and I look forward to welcoming you home to AYANA very soon.

Warmest regards

Geelong, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

We returned to Ayana a year later needing a complete rest after a busy work schedule.
We again had club facilities and were warmly met with "welcome back" and staff remembered our names. The service is excellent. This time we upgraded to a suite and it was roomy with separate lounge/ 2tvs dvd a guest bathroom idock egg bath. Beautifully presented in Bali style.
Fresh fruit daily. Huge balcony with day beds looking out to sea.
Make no mistake this is not a cheap resort so if you want a bargain you are in the wrong place. If you want action go elsewhere as it is miles from anywhere but if you want to chill out and be pampered this is the place to be. We were able to go to the pool near the villas twice and have it all to ourselves in a beautiful garden without any noise. The beach pool is popular but no kids allowed and only limited day beds so never crowded. No ability for people to reserve all the good lounges before breakfast then not turn up till lunchtime!
The aquatonic spa is unique and gives all those tired muscles agreat workout over 2 hours. The gym is well equipped and has great music and i had it to myself most days.
The rockbar is hugely popular and worth a visit as it is iconic and lots of outsiders come to it but you get priority as a guest to get in .
The resort now has a sister hotel nearby called Rimba which is brand new and set away from Ayana but is modern in style in contrast to Ayana's traditional decor. Still it may appeal to some as an alternative .
Everywhere you go to swim the staff greet you provide towels and water and little extras like nuts.
Views from the resort stunning and you can just sit and daydream in peace.

Room Tip: Get a suite in the club section on the 4th floor big lounge/ egg bath and double balcony
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear ‘baliang’

Thank you for sharing your experience at AYANA Resort and Spa.

I am pleased to know that you had a wonderful stay and felt relaxed, and particularly impressed by the River Pool (the secret pool!), spa, gym and Rock Bar. I am delighted that our caring and attentive team made you holiday unforgettable.

I am also thankful that you found time to visit our new family member RIMBA Jimbaran, which as you note, offers a different concept of modern design, forest setting, unique facilities and complimentary wi-fi for all guests.

Again thank you very much for this great feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to AYANA or perhaps next time, RIMBA.

Roger Habermacher
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jimbaran
RIMBA Jimbaran BALI by AYANA
Viceroy Bali
#12 of 195 in Ubud
The Villas at AYANA Resort BALI
INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort

Been to AYANA Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!