“One week getaway”

Ranked #13 of 57 Hotels in Jimbaran
Perth, Australia
“One week getaway”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Thanks to the staff for being helpful and friendly! We had booked two adjoining standard rooms and got upgraded to a two bedroom villa, what a feast! Amazing villa with private pool. We hardly went out of the tarot and had dinner at all the hotel restaurants on most nights!

• Stayed November 2013
AYANARESORT, General Manager at AYANA Resort and Spa, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear ‘Sabrina L’

Thank you for sharing your experience at AYANA Resort and Spa.

It was my pleasure to host you for a relaxing week at one of our two-bedroom private pool villas and I am delightful to know that you felt spoilt with the facilities, cuisine and our caring and attentive staff who made your stay memorable.

Again thank you and I look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to AYANA Resort and Spa.

Kind regards,

Roger Habermacher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (577)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Family of 5 decided to go for a nice get away weekend. Picked out a villa at Ayana and it was perfect.

The room was clean well prepared. The outside area did have some ants, but being that as my only complaint then you know it had to be great.

The food was delicious. A bit expensive but when going to a place like this that is what you expect.

The rock bar is one of the highlights for me and the wife. The colors of the sun were extravagant!

My kids loved the pool. We spent a whole good day at the pool alone. The pictures I attained from my water proof phone case are priceless.

The place is a bit far if your trying to be in town, but that is what I was looking for..

All in all the place itself (what I am rating) was perfect..

Room Tip: I heard internet is expensive. If you think that is expensive then chances are you are coming to the...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
AYANARESORT, General Manager at AYANA Resort and Spa, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear ‘Lawrence A’

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback on your family holiday at AYANA Resort and Spa.

I am pleased to learn that you and your family enjoyed a relaxing weekend getaway in one of our private pool villas. I am also delighted to know that your children enjoyed our pools and that you felt our cuisine offered value for money for the quality of the food and service. As you mentioned, AYANA is not walking distance to other restaurants or shops so it caters more for travelers looking for a completely relaxing break. Our new sister hotel RIMBA Jimbaran Bali offers 4 dining venues in addition to AYANA’s 7 restaurants and Rock Bar, which I’m glad you loved and had the chance to experience a magical Bali sunset.

Again thank you for sharing your comments, and I look forward to welcoming you again to AYANA Resort and Spa.

Best regards

Reviewed November 25, 2013

I was staying one night here with my wife and my 10-month old baby. It was a short but memorable stay - as we were only here for one night.

Check-in was quite smooth, and we are given the room right-away. The problem is the ocean view is apparently a quarter of ocean-view and 3/4 of garden view. As we ask for better room in the front desk - we are upgraded immediately to a deluxe ocean view in which there are one bedroom and a family room. We really appreciate the gesture from the hotel staff which he himself move our luggage immediately to our new room.

The resort itself is big with many things to do, we skip the infamous rock bar as we brought baby and it was a little bit too windy after a heavy rain. For the same reason we did not venture the Kubu Beach. The breakfast had vast range of variety and taste great. We also tried the couple perfume making class which we thought was fun and worth the price.

Room Tip: If you really want an Ocean View - pick Deluxe Ocean View Room
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank yuw2472
AYANARESORT, General Manager at AYANA Resort and Spa, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear ‘yuw2472’

Thank you very much for sharing your experience after your recent stay at AYANA Resort and Spa.

It was a pleasure to host you and your family at AYANA, albeit for a brief time. I'm delighted to hear that you had a memorable stay and that we were able to quickly resolve your concern over the view and that we had the availability to move you to a Deluxe Ocean View Room and meet your expectations.

I’m glad you enjoyed the variety of recreation around the resort, especially the L’Atelier Perfume Studio. I hope to welcome you back and that on your next visit you will have the chance to stay longer and perhaps take advantage of our babysitting service, and experience our private beach and Rock Bar.

Best regards,

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed November 25, 2013

i stayed in ayana during my 4 days-business trip. Ayana is one of Bali's five star hotel, but suddenly i got my room's key, i feel disappointed.
My room located in corner of the building, dark and spooky. The room was old and the A/C didn't work properly.
Ayana has beautiful swimming pool, rock bar, delicious restaurant, but i wasn't happy with my room.

Room Tip: maybe the resort better than the hotel's room
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank JoyceWibowo
AYANARESORT, General Manager at AYANA Resort and Spa, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Dear ‘JoyceWibowo’

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay at AYANA Resort and Spa during your business trip to Bali.

I am pleased that you were impressed by our pools, Rock Bar, variety of restaurants and views, but apologize that your room was not up to expectations. We completed a renovation of all 290 rooms and suites in the hotels in early 2013, including all new decor, furniture, lighting, air-conditioners and bathrooms. We are committed to always providing the highest level of service and facilities, and your feedback has been recorded and shared with our Rooms and Engineering teams so that we may improve for all guests and ensure the ambience and facilities in rooms match the quality of our public areas.

Thank you again for bringing your experience to my attention. I do hope we will be able to welcome you back to experience AYANA another time, perhaps at one of our villas or our new sister hotel RIMBA Jimbaran Bali.

Best regards,

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed November 25, 2013

5star hotel? Well, I think it's 5plus stars!

Staff are super friendly, smiling and attentive to needs! Especially Serka, she is incharge of the ocean pool beside rock bar, she is always smiling and serving us, even spent her time taking photograps for us during sunset and she is a pro!

The pools are big, brilliant views and very clean! Cold mineral water are served every time we visit the pool! Sunset is amazing on rock bar n ocean pool!

Food is tasty and good variety! Toiletries are brilliant!

For people complaining about the price, I would say you are spending your money for good value!

No free wifi is a little disappointed...

Overall, we love in and will come back again!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear ‘Wang Z’

Thank you for sharing your experience at AYANA Resort and Spa.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed a relaxing break with us and the attentive, caring service from our team members, as well as the variety of cuisine at our restaurants.

I will personally share your positive note to Serka who will feel very rewarded that you remember her so fondly.

I note your comment on our internet service, which is complimentary for Villa guests but at additional cost for Hotel guests. I understand your expectation that it should be complimentary for all guests and we are reviewing our internet policy with this in mind. In the meantime, we do have a package that includes a discount on pre-purchased internet.

Again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back to AYANA Resort and Spa.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

Ayana is set on a cliff therefore provides spectacular sea views and sunsets. Facilities corresponding to 5 stars hotel. Ayana has two private beaches - larger one has is Kubu beach is situated 5 minutes away with shuttle bus (bus is going every 15mins).
Breakfast ? delicious!
We spent in Ayana 2 nights - Highly recommended!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
AYANARESORT, General Manager at AYANA Resort and Spa, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear ‘Sisa K’

Thank you very much for your feedback following your recent stay at AYANA Resort and Spa.

I am delighted that you found AYANA an amazing place and enjoyed the resort’s spectacular views. It’s our pleasure to offer the highest standard of facilities, services and it’s truly rewarding that you enjoyed the breakfast and complimentary shuttle service to our private beach.

Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back to AYANA when you are next in Bali.

Kind regards.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed November 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Ayana Resort for 3 nights after having stayed 10 nights in a private pool villa in Seminyak and to be honest we were disappointed. $410 AUD for a hotel room with a side view of Jimbaran Bay looking out towards the airport. We expected for this price at least a front on view of the bay. Very stock standard hotel room too and to top it off no free wifi - $20 AUD per day for that! The prices for food and drinks are very expensive - $10 for a Bintang is way over the top compared to $2 elsewhere in Bali, but you are so isolated so no other option but to pay their prices. The gardens of the resort are lovely and there's beautiful views over the cliff. The service is very good also with friendly and attentive staff. We visited the sister resort to Ayana, called Rimba which has just opened in Sept 2013 (on the same property as Ayana and still partially under construction) and were far more impressed by this resort. It was far more opulent and sophisticated and a pool access room for only $275 and free wifi! We have been to Bali 10+ times and stayed in far nicer places for a lot less. We will stick to our villas in Seminyak from now on.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank DaveHeys
Dear ‘DaveHeys’,

Thank you very much for your constructive feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am glad you enjoyed the location, gardens, quality of service and attentive staff. I sincerely regret not meeting your expectations in terms of the view from your room, the internet charges and value for money.

I greatly appreciate your comments which enable us to highlight areas where we can improve and exceed guest expectations. In terms of our room and dining prices, we constantly review these against other 5-star resorts in Bali to ensure we remain competitive, whilst providing the highest standard of quality. Our internet service is complimentary for Villa guests. I understand your expectation that it should be complimentary for all guests and we are reviewing our internet policy with this in mind. In the meantime, we do have a package that includes a discount on pre-purchased internet.

On the other hand, I am delighted to learn that you were impressed by our new sister hotel RIMBA Jimbaran Bali, and I do hope you will consider to stay at RIMBA on your next trip to Bali to experience the modern design, sunset views, unique facilities and complimentary WiFi for all guests.

I thank you again for sharing your feedback which enables us to improve our service and provide a memorable stay for all guests.

Kind regards

Roger Habermacher
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jimbaran
RIMBA Jimbaran BALI by AYANA
The Legian Bali
#7 of 143 in Seminyak
The Villas at AYANA Resort BALI
INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort

Been to AYANA Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!