“Nice Place for Relaxing”

AYANA Resort and Spa
Ranked #13 of 57 Hotels in Jimbaran
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Nice Place for Relaxing”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I love this hotel, all in facility they have, from child to adult, My suggestion if want to stay here is max 2 night, because this hotel is far from anywhere, once you enter Ayana, it's not easy to go out. 2 night is enough for enjoying hotel and relaxing.
Pool is Huge and if you like to capture your moment, they have many good place.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (595)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I hate being isolated and being trapped in a hotel, so when I arrived I felt my heart clench in fear. There is nothing within walking distance but I did know this when I booked and we were just staying two nights for my hubby to play golf and I was having some treatments at the spa so I thought I could cope.

What a shock, I actually loved staying here, I think 3 nights would be enough though. The staff were great and it was a perfect place to enjoy the surrounds by myself. I loved moving from one pool to another, having cocktails by the pool and just relaxing. The day spa was amazing and the treatments 1st class. Even though the room cost was reasonable it does really add up staying here – but for a special treat I would go back in a heartbeat.

Pros: Lovely room (not amazing but nice), great view (we had an ocean view room), Martini Bar (we liked it better than the Rock bar), Dava Restaurant (yum yum), food and cocktails by the pool, service level around the pool (loved it – felt so pampered), beautiful day spa and gorgeous pools and grounds. Loved the buffet breakfast, we gorged ourselves stupid.

Cons: ridiciously slow and painful check in and check out – waiting in line to check out, what a joke -the whole experience gave me the you-know-whats and did sort of tar the experience. Location – if it was in Seminyak you couldn’t keep me away. Costs for food, cocktails, day spa add up very quickly.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
AYANARESORT, Manager at AYANA Resort and Spa, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Dear ‘Deltasmelta’

Thank you for your review. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay, our spa treatments and the variety of pools and restaurants spread across the resort, and you did find value in what you paid for. I am addressing the areas you have suggested for improvement with our Front Office team, to ensure that the efficiency of our check-in and check-out time is in line with the highest standards of our world-class luxury resort.

With regards to the prices at Spa and Restaurants, we have conducted a thorough analysis of other similar resorts in Bali and have found that our prices are competitive whilst reflecting the high quality of our cuisine and experience.

Nevertheless, we will continue reviewing this on a regular basis to ensure that we provide the right value for money and experience to our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Thank you again for giving us the opportunity to address these issues.

Warm regards

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We booked the Club Suite and the room was just amazing. So quiet with beautiful ocean views. The Club Floor has the most fantastic food and service. On reading other reviews we decided for the last 2 nights to upgrade to the Cliff Villa. WOW! Sensational. Breakfast at Dava was huge. The service there was second to none. Attention to detail throughout the Hotel was Brilliant. We tried ALL pools - fantastic. Rock Bar - getting the seating a the Bar was very special and the Cocktails by the Barman were simply something. Ayana is a completely different experience I would recommend to everyone.

Room Tip: If you can upgrade to the Villa and keep Club Benefits - worth the extra
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear ‘Sharon_Z’

Thank you for your review of AYANA. It is a pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us in particular dining experiences, our Club Lounge, the pools, the cocktails and the views. Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back to AYANA when you are next in Bali.

Warm regards,

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed June 15, 2013

My two teenage daughters and I went for spring break to Bali and stayed in the Ayana resort for 9 days with a large group of business friends. I cannot express how amazing our experience was for me and my two girls. From the location of this resort, to great pools, unique bar and simply everything. The level of service was beyond my imagination. We first stayed in the club level rooms and than decided to upgrade to villas. So we had the best of both. Club level lounge with amazing staff and refreshments available to us most of the day gave us flexibility to socialize, spacious villa with our own butler and additional gourmet restaurant gave us opportunity to relax in private gorgeous setting. My teenage daughters and I booked lots of services in the spa. Treatment was excellent. We also booked an aquatic massage pool for a treatment. No wonder it is rated as one of the best in entire Asia. I am a world traveller but I have to give to the American manager of this resort huge compliment. It runs so smoothly and it is designed for their guests to relax. He really does an amazing job. I also think that owners of this hotel pay amazing attention to details how to introduce Bali and its amazing culture to their visitors. Thank you staff, culinary chefs and general manager for making our trip memorable for everyone. We will be back.

Room Tip: villa is the best
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Six star hotel? Truly great. You have to try the spa, the rock bar. The only downfall was that no near restaurants that taste great. We had to go around in car to find delicious food. If only they have nearby beach... It would be perfect.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Chickeatout
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Booked through a travel agent and we only want just basic ... and did we get basic? no! we got basic that comes with all the trimming. The view was unbelievable, you probably need to be reasonably fit to be able to explore the resort, though boogie cart is always available to take you around, but there are still steps and more steps await for you to climb.

When we arrived we got the flowers, the welcome drinks and the smile - absolutely important when you just arrived from your long flight and traffic to go through from the airport to the resort.

Our room is a little dated, but it is still acceptable as 5 star resort, the BOSE entertainment center didnt work, but we didnt want to listen to our music we just wanted to listen to the wind and water splash from the infinity pool.

As guest of the hotel you can bypass all the queue to get to the famous and pricey rock bar, a good thing as you have to go through stairs and more stairs to get there and you really dont want to queue in tropical weather.

We didnt try any of the restaurant, but according to all the other guests the pizza is the best. We rented a car (you can contact me via Tripadvisor if you want to know the number to call) to get us around instead of taxi, cheap as chips! If you stay here and you dont want to go around and get the club package so your breakfast, lunch and dinner is looked after, otherwise you will be paying too much for it.
We have breakfast package and it was great spread from Asian to western...quality. Fresh fruit and juices ready for you.

The gym is great, pretty equipped and you can also play a bit round of golf if you feel like it. The staffs is always there for you, and remember you by name. I came twice to Rock Bar during my stay at Ayana and the staff just remember us and greeted us like we were there million of times. Dont forget to wear smart clothes...you really need to look pretty kool in that bar.

The beach, you need to contact the concierge to get you to the beach by car, did I mention stairs? 197 of them (I might miscount) to go down the cliff, o boy... it was great view and feels like you are in your private beach at the back of your house. GREAT!

I recommend to stay in Ayana for 2 - 3 days before you move to somewhere in Seminyak to be closer to all the happening place in Bali or stay there just before you leave Bali. It is worth it.

Room Tip: Get a club room!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

This resort only takes about 20 minutes from the airport, but still has an amazing location. We were greeted by drinks and flowers the moment we were welcomed into the main lobby. All the employees greeted us when ever we met them, made us feel very comfortable. Try to get the breakfast package as this is differently worth the value. We went to all the restraunts expect seafood grill and all the foods were amazing!! GO TO HONZEN!!! It is located next to the spa and gym area... I didn't see that place until the day before I checkout... TAT this place has both Japanese and Korean menus and THEY ARE TRUELY THE BEST IN TASTE AND VALUE!! Also try to go to the beach pool either early morning or during lunch\ dinner time as the "beds" gets taken quickly. Diffinetly recommend this place!!

• Stayed June 2013
Dear ‘megalollypop’

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay at AYANA, I am delighted to hear you found our location to be amazing despite the reasonably short ride from and to the airport. It’s our pleasure to offer the highest standard of hospitality and I’m glad you've enjoyed the attentive service of our team and the amazing quality of our restaurants.

I look forward to your return to AYANA in the near future.

Best regards,

Rooms Executive
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jimbaran
RIMBA Jimbaran BALI by AYANA
The Ritz-Carlton, Bali
The Ritz-Carlton, Bali
#7 of 54 in Nusa Dua
The Villas at AYANA Resort BALI

Been to AYANA Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!