“A slice of heaven”

AYANA Resort and Spa
Ranked #13 of 57 Hotels in Jimbaran
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We went to the Ayana just before christmas. the year before we had visited the Rock Bar and promised ourselves that we would be back. WoW! We absolutely loved this place! We did not want to leave. Having only stayed in Seminak before we thought it may be a bit far away...Once we got there we did not want to leave. It was very Romantic there were lovely restaurants the staff was fabulous and the food WOW

Room Tip: Ocean View deluc
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for AYANA Resort and Spa

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Spent three nights here with my family at end of a trip to Bali. We were looking for a place to unwind after finishing our fair share of cavorting around the main island over the previous days. Ayana did not disappoint. Multiple infinity pools, manicured lawns and landscaping over 75 odd hectares and right in the middle of a forest on a cliff. Restaurants were superb, offering seafood, Asian, western and one of the best breakfasts you will find. Get to brekkie early as it gets very popular later during the session. We had our infant daughter with us and were amazed at how prepared all staff were with being patient and catering for a small child and their associated mess. Will definitely visit again! Spa package was the best my wife has had.

Room Tip: Spring for a villa if you can as it will be worth it!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We stayed here February for 3 days. We had arrived early and was pleasantly surprised when they allowed us to check in early, we stayed in the club rooms which were really nice, the balcony over looked the ocean which was brilliant. I found the pillows to be oversized and hard, but that was our fault for not asking for softer pillows. We had access to the club lounge were breakfast was served as well as a large range of free alcoholic drinks if you wished, we usually stay at villas in Seminyak and thought this would be a treat, I missed the intimacy you get with staff when staying at the villas from the staff, don't get me wrong the staff were very proficient and the club lounge staff were lovely, it's just that I missed the charm that something smaller has. My only negative comment is that if you book the club rooms you would think that you could have Internet access in your room instead of just the club lounge and you had to use one of their lap tops or iPads instead of your own (that's if the connection worked). It would have been nice to Skype my niece for her 16th birthday. All in all it was still a nice stay.

Room Tip: The Ayana is very isolated and a fair distance from anywhere, so you will need to taxi it everywhere
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Some of the hotels have beautiful settings as well, but this also has a gorgeous PRIVATE beach. To not be fighting the throng of tourists or people trying to sell you things on a not very clean beach is priceless.

Watching the sunset at the Rock Bar is a MUST and having a priority to get in was a huge plus. Beautiful pools and gorgeous views everywhere.

Visited several luxury hotels in Bali and this was the best.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 17, 2013

At the resort we had the pleasure of using most of the facilities.

You have a great team at the resort and we wish to pass on our positive experiences as these are usually not expressed as easily as the negative ones.

The staff at the Dava restaurant were wonderful with our son & spent as much time as possible during their shift engaging him without ignoring their duties, which he appreciated immensely. Their service was exceptional, perfectly timed and always with a smile. We also enjoyed the Japanese Restaurant & the drinks made at each venue.

The adult pool bar staff were quick to remember our names and drink preferences. Again the service was excellent.

The Ladies at the Rock Bar were fantastic, and the view was to die for.

Our son found the kids club for the first time & we couldn't get him out at the end of the day which gave us alone time to spend together which was a novelty.

We enjoyed our stay so much we are hoping to return in the near future.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 15, 2013

It was with some concern I booked accommodation for Ayana after my last visit.,which had not been very enjoyable. But my husband hadn't stayed there and in good location near airport.
Also he wanted to visit Rock Bar. Room was much better.I had requested in quieter area of hotel and that was delivered on. Much nicer room also.
Check in was quick but still hate standing at desk with welcome drink. Please offer me a seat while I do paperwork.
We had lunch at Sami Sami and divine bread but pizza could be improved on. topping not quite cooked .
Rock bar was excellent. My husband just loved the view, drinks and total experience. (except for an inconsiderate woman who kept taking photos with an IPAD and getting in everyone's photo op way )Dinner was at Dava. I had never dined here before and it was beautiful. Lovely atmosphere and beautiful food. My lobster was delicious and I still think about that dinner ! Service excellent.
Next day went to various lovely pools around resort and enjoyed just relaxing. Afternoon spent at spa (last day in Bali package ). This is excellent to have after you check out prior to airport if you have late flight. Best hair treatment ever included in package.
As had late flight booked dinner at Kisik. Love it here .Beautiful view,food and service .
So will definitely return ,now one of husbands favorite hotels !
Ayana is a resort hotel which is very lovely but if you want to experience more of Bali I would also include Ubud in your itinerary.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank paigeleaf
AYANARESORT, General Manager at AYANA Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Dear ‘Paigeleaf’

Thank you for your review of AYANA, I am delighted that you enjoyed your return visit to AYANA and the comfort and amenities in your room; we recently completed renovating all 290 rooms and suites in the Hotel. It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your visit to Rock Bar and your dinner at Kisik Seafood Grill on the sand, as well as at Jusman So’s cuisine at Dava, and your spa treatment at Thermes Marins Spa on your last day.

I will share your feedback about your pizza with our Executive Chef Giordano Faggioli and his team at Sami Sami, to ensure all cuisine maintains the high standards of our other 6 restaurants. I will also share your feedback about the check in process with our team members at the Front Office, we do have tables and seating available in the Lobby and we indeed provide Counterless Check-in at these seating areas, unless it is a peak time and the seating is full. On your future visit we will most certainly offer the option of performing your check-in experience whilst seated.

Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to AYANA when you are next in Bali.

Warm regards,
Edward Linsley

Reviewed February 10, 2013

I have just had 7 fabulous days staying in a ocean view villa at Ayana, Over the past few years I have been lucky enough to stay at some beautiful hotels and resorts around the world,in my opinion none of them come close to Ayana,for overall services and efficiency.
A most beautiful resort with excellent landscaping, very relaxing and peaceful.
The Staff were absolutaly fantastic,a real credit to themself and management.
Top class and I can wait to go back.

Room Tip: I loved the villa.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
AYANARESORT, General Manager at AYANA Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Dear ‘keith w’
Thank you for your review of AYANA, I am delighted that you enjoyed your week-long stay in one of our private pool Villas, and appreciate your compliments on the service from our team members, of whom I am personally very proud. I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed the tranquility and design of AYANA’s landscaping and grounds. I am equally looking forward to welcoming you back to AYANA when you are next in Bali.

Warm regards,
Edward Linsley

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jimbaran
RIMBA Jimbaran BALI by AYANA
The Ritz-Carlton, Bali
The Ritz-Carlton, Bali
#6 of 54 in Nusa Dua
The Villas at AYANA Resort, BALI

Been to AYANA Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!