If you want both public and privacy, Ayana has the best blend of both worlds. It has private-villas and regular hotel rooms, which we stayed in the latter, but leaving this review to describe only the rooms would certainly be an understatement.
- If you're a hotel guest, you MUST visit the Rock Bar. As a hotel guest, you can go in the 'priority line' and pass the long waiting line for the Rock Bar.
- You MUST visit the Infinity Pool, located next to the Rock Bar. It is hidden and far from the reaches of the public, so it is truly a hidden gem. It is located on a cliff of a cliff, and faces the ocean.
- Try their spa treatments (we will try next time but heard it was top-notch and highly creative that can't be found anywhere in Bali; it can be pricey)
- Try one of their romantic dinners for two. We had the Candelight Dinner* (details below).
- This resort is perfect for a friends with couples get-together. You can have your own privacy in your rooms or villas (this resort offers both), and meet your friends in one of the many public facilities.
Cool things to know:
- A medical doctor is on the hotel premises, in case you need medical assistance.
- Multi-lingual staff (we had a Korean staff to help us!)
- Ayana provides its OWN drivers at a certain fee (all drivers have a fee pamphlet that they can show you - it shows a breakdown of the cost per hour). Because these drivers are Ayana-approved drivers, you will feel very safe and they are trustworthy.
*Candelight Dinner: Consists of your personal butler. Your dinner is served under a canopy with gorgeous views of the water and the nearby cliff. It is not on the cliff, but it is close to it (perhaps due to safety reasons). They set up countless number of candelights in the courtyard that is personally yours for the entire night. The courtyard is open, so people may accidentally come to your area to see what the fuss is about; thankfully, your butler shoos them away. Honestly, it is pricey but for a honeymoon dinner (we had this on our last night), my wife and I loved it. We recommend you go to the Rock Bar afterwards, and your butler will be happy to show you where it exactly is.
Special thanks to Jinhee Seo, the Korean Guest Relations Coordinator. Besides his Korean language, which was very helpful to us, he also ensured our check-in was successful and even gave a phone call once we went into the room to make sure if everything was ok. My wife was sick and needed medical assistance, and we had a doctor within 5 minutes come and check her out. Jinhee arranged to have the doctor come. This guy deserves a promotion!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning AYANA Resort and Spa Bali is a world-class destination resort located on 90 hectares of cliff-top land perched above Jimbaran Bay, just 10 kilometers from Bali airport. AYANA’s majestic sunsets and ocean-front views are complemented by white-sand beach and shared facilities as Bali’s only integrated resort with RIMBA Jimbaran Bali. With full access to all dining and recreation at both AYANA and RIMBA and complimentary resort shuttle, guests enjoy the most extensive on-site facilities of any resort in Bali. There are 18 restaurants and bars including the famous Rock Bar; exclusive private beach; 12 swimming pools; world-class Spa with Aquatonic Seawater Therapy Pool and Spa on the Rocks treatment; golf-putting and fitness center; and complimentary WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Expedia, Hotwire, Agoda, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and getaroom.com so you can book your AYANA Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ayana Hotel Jimbaran
- AYANA Resort And Spa Bali/Jimbaran