“Loved it, will be back!”

AYANA Resort and Spa
Ranked #13 of 57 Hotels in Jimbaran
Melbourne, Australia
“Loved it, will be back!”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

My fiancé and I booked Ayana off trip advisor reviews and we were not disappointed! The staff were amazing and the garden view room was fantastic- It was huge, very clean and had a great view of the spectacular gardens. We were very impressed :) Although it rained the whole time pretty much, we had a few short moments of sunshine and could enjoy the views of the resort. Sadly the Rock Pool bar was closed when we were there due to terrible weather, but apart from that if you're looking for a place to just relax and unwind by the pool with a book, then this is it!

The food was very good, but very expensive! We ended up spending more than we originally planned, just watch out for that service and govt tax that comes on the end of the bill! Can really add up. We were quite shocked with the size of our bill at the end of our stay!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
AYANARESORT, General Manager at AYANA Resort and Spa, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Dear ‘Elizabeth P’

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about you and your fiancée’s recent stay at AYANA. I am glad to hear that you both enjoyed the space, cleanliness and view from your room, as well as the pools, cuisine at our restaurants, and caring service from our team members. I will share this feedback with the team as I know they will feel very appreciated by your comments.

In regards to our food prices, we have reviewed our pricing against other 5-star resorts in Bali and find ours to be competitive, taking into account the quality of the ingredients and the team of world-class chefs in our kitchens. The 11% government tax is regulatory for all service-related transactions across Bali and is applied on every bill at any restaurant, hotel, spa or other related venue. Service charge is discretionary according to the venue; at AYANA, we apply 10% service charge and this is divided equally between our 950+ full-time employees at the end of every month, and is both an incentive and a reward for good service.
Thank you again for your review, I look forward to welcoming you back in future for another relaxing escape, and hopefully better weather conditions so that you can experience Rock Bar as well next time.

Warm regards
Edward Linsley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (571)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Sugarloaf Key, Florida
Reviewed January 12, 2013

This is a beautiful hotel and for those that want seclusion, I highly recommend this hotel. Our room was decorated nicely and the views were ok. The patch of sand that they advertised as their beach was a big disappointment. The location of the hotel is beautiful, but very secluded. You have to hire a taxi if you want to explore and that came with challenges as you always felt like you were negotiating a corporate merger. Staff was friendly, but I felt like they were always in my space and it made me feel uncomfortable. Pool is gorgeous and I enjoyed swimming every morning before breakfast. The food that we had at the hotel as very nice.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Joni P
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

Love this hotel. So spacious and its good either for family time or romantic gataway. Love the lobby, love the garden... and yes the rockbar is awesome. Specially at sunset time. It got so hot before but the view of sunset is just perfect. A place must go when you stay here. The pool is also great.

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank ms_ayu96
AYANARESORT, General Manager at AYANA Resort and Spa, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear ‘Ayu’

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at AYANA. I am pleased to know that that you loved your stay with us and consider AYANA the perfect place for a romantic getaway or alternatively a family vacation. It is also a pleasure to know that you enjoyed the gardens, the 5 pools and sunset at Rock Bar.

Thank you again and I am looking forward to welcoming you back in future.

Best regards,
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Went here for our 1st anniversary, we booked the package for massage, lunch/breakfast and dinner and Aquatonic®Seawater Therapy Pool and it really is worth the money! We spent only one night here (and is not enough!) but we really enjoyed the Kubu beach (loving the cold towel service after a high climbing up the stairs from the beach!), enjoyed the dinner at the Japanese resto, the lunch at the small healthy restaurant and the breakfast is just amazing! Also, loving the privilege of going to the Rock Bar without having to queue so long with other guests, the staffs at Rock Bar are just marvelous! I LOVE them all! That's what we call service! :) As an Asian wife married to westerner actually it is very rare that in places like hotels or restaurants that I am treated as equal as my husband, but here, its just amazing! I really feel that they do appreciate you as a human being not considering what race or nationality you are! One slight issue is that I'm an Indonesian who is proud that I can speak Bahasa and at some occasion (at the pool bar and check out counter), even that I was not with my husband, the staffs replied to me in English while I spoke to them in Bahasa, hope that this tiny input will make the Excellent service in Ayana becoming Super Excellent! Hope to see you again soon!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear ‘BopplePrincess’

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of your experience at AYANA. I am glad that although it was a short stay, you and your husband had the chance to experience many resort facilities including the Aquatonic Pool, Rock Bar, our Japanese restaurant HonZen and the Spa Café, and that you had an enjoyable time. I am also proud to hear that you felt welcomed and appreciated by our team members, who always strive to provide excellent service to all guests, without exception. I will gladly share your feedback with our team, including your comment about responding in Bahasa Indonesian rather than English, when an Indonesian guest chooses to speak their native language.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you and your husband back in future, for a longer stay at AYANA.

Best regards,
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I'm going to start saying that this hotel is 5 stars one just for it's locations and "look".
It has a great location with fabulous view but the rooms and the food are not so great.
Being very far, you are limited in eating there and the prices are very high.
The pools are amazing and the personal is nice.
Don't book internet. It's expansive and it dosen't work!!!
The beach is nice but you need to take around 200 stairs(?)..and when coming from the beach where you stayed under the sun and your head hurts, then you preffer sleeping there and wait for the next day then taking those stairs :))
Next time, I'm going I'll definetly take "St Regis" which is on Nusa Dua beach, close to mall, restuarants and it's amazing for it's view and beach.

Room Tip: Sea view or villas if you want to have a good stay.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Adelaide
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I stayed at the Ayana in early December with three of my adult children and 10 month old grand daughter and we had a fantastic time. Cannot fault this amazing resort. The staff were always so polite and helpful. A special thank you to Clive and Ira who made us feel so welcome. There was no need to leave the resort as the restaurants were fantastic and Rock Bar is like a scene out of a movie. The breakfast buffet was amazing. Cannot wait to return and thank you again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Adelaide66
AYANARESORT, General Manager at AYANA Resort and Spa, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Adelaide66

Thank you for taking the time to share your review about your second stay at AYANA. I am happy to hear that you, your children and your granddaughter enjoyed your stay with us and especially the service from our team members, the variety of restaurants and the ocean-front views at Rock Bar. I will share your regards and comments to both Clive and Ira who will very much appreciate it.
I look forward to welcoming you back in future.

Bet regards,
Jepara
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Stayed in Ayana Club room for 4 days for new year and it has been the best experience we have ever had. From the time we checked in to check out we found out that the service was imppecable. They have a dedicated lounge that serve light food and drinks five times a day. There might be a better room in other hotels in Bali but the service? I am not sure. On our last day staying after checked out, we decided to go to kuta for small shopping and left our luggages in Ayana to be collected later but we didn't anticipate the traffic we had on the road. It took 1.5 hours to reach kuta and it would be impossible for us to be back to Ayana collecting our luggages and went to the airport, with only 3 hours left before our flight, so we called the club and Adi, the staff there said that he would see what they could do . He called us back and informed that all hotels cars were all booked and couldn't have one for us but he would take a taxi and have our luggages to be delivered to the airport for us. He informed us the taxi number, the driver's name and his mobile so we can communicate with him for meeting point at the airport. We were glad that everything turned out well, we had our luggages and didn't miss the flight. We have been staying in so many different 5 stars hotel and villas all over Bali in the last 10 years but the service was nothing compares to Ayana, and maybe we should search no more and will definately be back here again for our holidays.

We had dinner in Kisik and the food was so yummy and very fresh. We had lobster cooked to our preference that was so delicious that we decided to be back for 2nd time dinner with friends that also stay in Ayana after we raved abour how good the lobster was. We we a bit disappointed that we could only get our table by 9 ( was fully booked and due to the rain maybe they can't use "under the sky" tables) and by the time we arrived there the lobster and crab were finished. Anyway we still can get the prawns and fish, so it's ok. The service was as good as before, and they remembered us by name that shows how attentive they are with all of the guests.

We went to Rock bar two times during our stay and love the priority line and seat they provide for resort's guests but perhaps they should find other access for bar's visitors only because the queue line is always long and most of them use the time wandering around the complex gardens and swimming pools for taking photos and we felt that we lost our privacy ( in the pools especially) when we wanted to jump to the pool and left all possesions unattended in the lounger with so many visitors from outside ( not resort's guest) walking around everywhere.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank nikoze
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jimbaran
RIMBA Jimbaran BALI by AYANA
#10 of 199 in Ubud
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,005 reviews
The Villas at AYANA Resort BALI
INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort

Been to AYANA Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!