AYANA Resort and Spa
Keraton Jimbaran Beach Resort(Jimbaran)(Great Value!)
$102
$86
  • Breakfast included
$330
$300
Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran(Jimbaran)(Great Value!)
$170
$158
  • Breakfast included
Gending Kedis Villas & Spa Estate(Jimbaran)(Great Value!)
$150
$763
$715
Travelocity
$225
Flower Bud Bungalows Balangan(Jimbaran)(Great Value!)
$41
3,902 results
All reviewsrock barayana resortthe cliffocean beach poolkubu beachclub roomdamar terraceaquatonic poolsami samidava restaurantpadi restaurantrecommend ayanaon the rocksritz carltonhotel guestsindian oceanour honeymoon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We just stayed at Ayana for five nights. At $800 per night, you would think WiFi would be included, but no, $20 per day and annoying login problems, irritating the stay. In this day and age internet should be standard and free.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Alex Z
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We stayed here on the last leg of our honeymoon in Bali after Seminyak and Ubud.After trying out villa style accomodation in the other two regions we had opted for normal hotel rooms at the Ayana. The property is massive and well looked after. The check in & check out were problem free........The rooms had a big tv and ipod speakers......the bed was comfy ........the pools were lovely and u can use the main pool 24*7... The ocean pool consists of ocean water and has some lovely sunbeds to lie on with great views (but u need to go early say at around 9am or late in the afternoon to get an entry as the capacity is small).they also dished out some complimentary sorbets wen we were around....... The main pool is two levelled.Service at both pools is till 7 pm.Lovely property for kids too with many options for them. Didnt try any of their restaurants but Tried out their food from the pool menu and it was always great... the drinks were potent too.....Priority access to the ROCK BAR is another bonus...... and one can catch some lovely sunsets in the back ground.The hotel will easily arrange metered taxis for u if u wanna go out.
They also gave us a free gift on surviving 21/12/2012 along with a souveneir on check out
There are a couple of negatives though the internet isnt free and during one of the nights that we stayed the smoke alarm just started buzzing continously at around 1 am .......when we called the front desk there was no apology except for "i ll send someone to fix it". All in all a good property a wonderful experience yes staying in a big hotel increases the professionalism but decreases the warmth compared to whats offered in a villa style accommodation.Thats a trade off we made but i would definitely recommend the Ayana.

2  Thank sachin s
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights and were happy enough with the room, although it had it's problems. Every time we had a shower the entire bathroom would flood due to the shower door not sealing. Comfortable bed though the cheap pine canopy and other cheap furniture was not of the standard of supposed 5 star hotel.
When we were checking out we realised that my wife's designer hand bag was missing from the wardrobe. When management and security were advised they said they would investigate. A week after leaving we had to chase after the manager to find out what happened to the handbag. We were told that the only people that had entered the room were ourselves and the cleaners as per security video. No compensation was provided or offered.
I would not recommend staying at this hotel as it is overpriced for what is offered and the theft !!!!!!!!

1  Thank Quickdraw71
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Everything is top notch at this hotel, especially when staying in the Oceanside villas. From the personal 24/7 butlers and provided cell phones, to a two page pillow menu. They go above and beyond in every way. We had the extravaganza dinner in our private villa and it was out of this world. Honeymooners and romantics, this is the best of the best. Gifts and complimentary champagne, flowers, flower petals everywhere, they even give you a present. This is one of the best hotels I've ever stayed at, and I have stayed at many many amazing hotels around the world.

Room Tip: Ocean side villas are out of this world!!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
AYANARESORT, General Manager at AYANA Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2012

Dear ‘Shelby f’

Thank you for your review of AYANA. I’m delighted that you enjoyed your stay at The Villas and the private romantic dinner in your villa garden, along with the other exclusive benefits extended to our Villa guests such as 24-hour butler service, mobile phone to call your butler at any time, the attentive service and special touches from our Personal Assistants, and a la carte breakfast at Dava restaurant. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future for another romantic vacation.

Warm regards
Edward Linsley

Reviewed December 24, 2012

Ayana

Ahh Ayana; it pains me to leave a negative review but my feelings are so mixed, and lean toward the less-than-happy. My advice to anyone considering a respite at Ayana would be: don’t. Perhaps I am being unfair because we stayed at Ayana for a few days just before Xmas, after disembarking from a cruise. Perhaps it is not always heaving at the sides with people. Perhaps…but I wouldn’t take that chance again at over $300 a night. For that price I expect absolute five star perfection and Ayana was way, way away from that point.

Let me start with the good:

- The room was lovely. Really a wow moment, with the beautiful carved wooden décor and verandah with sea view as well as garden view. We prefer twin beds and had two beautiful queen sized beds that were supremely comfortable. The bathroom accessories were good quality, and we received a nice little gift from the hotel one night because we ‘survived the end of the world’ (the Mayan Calendar 21/12/12 thing).

- The rock pool was, without doubt, the most beautiful pool I have ever had the pleasure to swim in – and I like me a pool! It was worth going to Ayana for one night just to have the pleasure to lay around that pool all day. The staff there were very good, and brought around non-alcho daiquiris and plenty of fresh towels. The area has about ten twin bed cabana’s so you might have to join a waiting list to get one. Fortunately we didn’t have to wait long either time or I would have been really angry (see below).

Now to the bad:

- Breakfast was included and I don’t recall if we paid for it but it was a ZOO. As I previously mentioned, the place was packed to the gunnels and most of the customers were of an ethnicity that seems to consider it best to pile one’s plate as high as possible with everything that’s going so that nobody else could get anything. First you had to queue for a long time in the hot sun first thing in the morning even to get into the restaurant. Then when you did, on one occasion we were taken to the most putrid table and asked to stand there while someone found someone else to clean it (photos will be attached). Then by the time we got to the food most the bowls were empty, much had run out, and nobody seemed to have a clue what to do about refilling things (this was one hour before the restaurant was due to close). Please remember, this is at a >$300 per night erstwhile luxury hotel with no alternative eating venues in the near vicinity. Breakfast was a foul experience, which I dreaded after day one. No five star experience to be had here at all. Oh, and the glasses were dirty: I picked up several which had been washed but still had people’s finger prints, lip marks etc on them so keep an eye out for that one if you value your health.

- The pools: as I said earlier, thank goodness we managed to get a day bed at the pool bar because the main pools were like our local council pool – full of screaming children, and crowded, crowded, crowded. Just a most horrible experience if, like us, you are two adults seeking quiet and relaxation.

So in summary: I would never go back, I couldn't risk it being so crowded and generally lacking in any sort of classy atmosphere. When I pay that price, I expect a classy five star experience. Anaya's staff were friendly and lovely - as Balinese almost invariably are - but they couldn't make up for the problems mentioned above.

Room Tip: Don't go at any time when it might be crowded.
1  Thank Ozziepore