“Fantastic property & staff”

Belmond Jimbaran Puri
Ranked #6 of 57 Hotels in Jimbaran
Pembroke Pines, Florida
“Fantastic property & staff”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

My wife & I stayed at the Jimbaran Puri Bali resort March 15-22. It was our first trip to Bali & without a doubt we'll be back. We can say this in large part because of the niceness of the entire resort staff. This property is top notch, with just the right balance of traditional Balinese style & modern amenities. The staff all but spoiled us during our stay there & we especially like that almost everyone who worked at the resort knew us by our names. The staff went above & beyond what we expected to make our stay comfortable as can be.

The resort was not crowded during our stay which we liked. Plus, this property had the feel of a boutique resort ( not too big, not too small ). The beach area was always well maintained as compared to other parts of Jimbaran beach. If we had one complaint & this isn't directed at this resort, but other stretches of beach in the area. The beach off property & between the resorts could really use some daily attention as this takes away from the true beauty of Bali & especially Jimbaran beach.

We stayed in one of the Villa's on property (#66) & would highly recommend anyone considering this resort to opt for one ( we can’t vouch for the cottages & other room options, but can only assume they would be close to the same level as the villas ). The villas come with butler service & we can say without a doubt that the entire butler staff from the head butler (Sudaitka - pardon the misspelling of his name) on down, are all professional & will ensure your villa stay is a comfortable & enjoyable one. The villa itself comes with its own pool, which came in handy on hot afternoons when the beach became too hot. At night hearing the peaceful sounds of the ocean or the birds in the mornings is pure bliss. Plus, the afternoon tea service spoiled us.

The property has two restaurants, both of which have a wide variety of food options. Our package came with the daily breakfast buffet. The buffet has just about everything you'd want ranging from daily egg specials to pancakes & everything you could possibly think of in-between. At night the two restaurants had options ranging from local seafood or meat options to a more traditional Balinese offering. We'd highly recommend trying both restaurants, because you can’t go wrong with either. There's also a snack bar on the beach that is there to please after a day on the beach ( ahh...those ice cold Bintang beers ). While we were completely satisfied with the onsite food options there are also plenty of options a short (safe) walk up the beach if you so choose.

While I can only speak for the 20 minute jet lag massage I received which was top notch, my wife returned later in the week for a full hour massage & hour long facial. She found it to be one of the best massages she's had (trust me she's had many here in the states & other locations). The value for what she received at Puri Bali verses massages/treatments she's had at other resorts around the states aren't even close. Again, we would highly recommend the spa for both couples and individuals.

We've truly traveled to all but two continents & stayed at numerous 'five star' resorts, but can honestly say Jimbaran Puri Bali is by far one of the best places we've ever stayed. While the property doesn't have all the amenities of some of the larger more corporate properties in the area, it makes up for it with one of the best staff's you could ever meet. We do plan to return to this property & hope others will consider staying here as well. We were truly sad when it was time to leave not only this property, but the country of Bali. It’s such a beautiful, peaceful place with some of the nicest people we've ever met.

Room Tip: Opt for the villa if possible. They come with their own private plunge pools which come in handy aft...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chris_Trina

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Sunshine Coast, Australia
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Stayed for 4 nights with my husband in April 2012 (Easter) and loved every minute of this beautiful resort. Amazing accommodation, incredible breakfasts, gorgeous grounds / pool area, a clean beach (we swam in the sea every day), tranquility (not overcrowded or full of screaming kids), and the most charming and hospitable staff. Their spa / massages were to die for and the location right on the beach makes for the perfect relaxing break. While we are a young couple, we came here looking for peace & quiet and to de-stress and this is what we found. It is only a very short / cheap taxi fare into Seminyak if you want to be amongst the shopping and bars... We can't fault this place. We were so impressed that within a couple months of returning home, we booked in again for Easter 2013. So next week, we'll be there enjoying the Jimbaran Puri hospitality once more. We can't wait to see Mr Agung and his smiley team again. They know what 5 star service is all about.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Danaher08
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed March 17, 2013

The hotel, grounds, staff are all wonderful but it is a band aid for the dirty beach 10 feet away. I was in Bali for two weeks and Jimbaran is very dirty. The fishing village is filled with trash, begging children and one of the worst locations in Bali. It is sad and I hate to write this review as the hotel is not to blame. I can only hope that there is a way to clean up the beach or the tourists will never return.

2 Thank Jennifer F
JPBMger, Manager at Belmond Jimbaran Puri, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Beautiful hotel with excellent staff...

On behalf of my team I would like to thank you for your king comments on the service. We always work hard to exceed expectations of our guests and when we succeed it is always a reward for all.

I read also the comment about the beach and if you allow me I would like to share also with all the Travelers the situation of the public beaches in Bali which occurs only during the raining season. Like in most of the best beaches all over the world we have a less pleasant season.
In Bali, the public beaches suffer also due to the heavy rains coming from towns and villages, that outweigh at their passage the non-recycled waste.Waste and rains that down from the hills and come into the sea swept away to the shores by the strong winds.
As consequence of this situation, the beaches have less users and become more appealing for the dogs. The Balinese people, especially in the villages like ours, Jimbaran village, love dogs and let them free, so the beaches become a refuge for them during this season.
As public beach, we cannot really directly intervene on this matter except to try to move them out of our space and as you can see there are no dogs sleeping in our property side.
All the Internationals Hotels in Bali have tried to mobilize the local and High authority on this delicate subject of the cleanness, but until today and until a preventive solution is found, we are all reduced to use our own private resources, human and technical, to maintain clean all the beaches during these weeks of heavy rains.
I hope I have at least contribute to clarify or explain to all Travelers your comment, and I would like to assure to all that is an important matter that we, Jimbaran Hotels and all foreigners who live in Bali, do really take seriously and expect to see solved as soon as possible.

Terima Kasih ! Thank you!

The Management
Perth, Australia
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I absolutely adore this small, intimate and very Balinese hotel. No pomp, no bling, no glittery glamour but rather a very Balinese experience in discrete, elegant, serene and quietly luxurious surroundings with the most beautiful staff who truly wish to take care of you. My 4th stay in 3 years, I/we keep returning to this beautiful oasis tucked away in Jimbaran Bay. I've stayed here at different times of the year, from New Year with the family, to Easter with girlfriends and other times for a 4 day mini-break with my husband (only 3.5 hours from our home in Australia). Each and every time I'm delighted and intoxicated by something entirely unexpected. What you can expect always is the most gracious and serene service by the incredibly kind, generous, polite and obliging staff who desire to provide you with the most joyful experience they can. We had a problem with our airconditioning - an immediate change to an even more divine villa. Problem with our flight home due to cyclones off Australia - immediate assistance. It was my birthday - we told nobody so it must have been quietly observed at check-in from my passport - I awoke in the morning to find the outside of our villa had been covered with traditional Balinese decorations woven from leaves, bamboo, bark and flowers, all flying and hanging and swinging in the breeze. It was such a breathtaking surprise ever and I burst into tears. Having sobbed all the way to breakfast (oh my goodness, another thing to rave about - it really is just fabulous covering all western and balinese delights with additional daily specials - yum), I then sat down to be greeted with the entire staff singing me happy birthday as they presented me with what I have to say was the most delicious chocolate and caramel cake. Double Yum. Despite the intense heat and humidity we did our best and it was gone by afternoon tea. And then, to top it all off, a knock at our exquisite pool villa door and our Butler appeared with a beautifully wrapped present and card from the staff. Unbelievable. Completely overwhelmed, we spent our remaining days swimming, reading, eating (I think this is some of the best hotel food on the island and I've been visiting Bali for over 30 years), having the odd massage in the heavenly seaside spa (a series of little thatched bales or pavilions) with traditional Balinese scrubs and indulgent, decadent treatments and early morning walks along the beach to watch the fishing fleet come in or go out as they've done for hundreds and hundreds of years. Utter utter bliss.

Room Tip: If you can consider treating yourself to a Pool Villa. You deserve it!
3 Thank macguff
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 12, 2013

My wife and I spent our honeymoon in Bali and the jaw dropping Jimburun Puri exceeded all of our expectations. Our separate cottage with private infinity pool and outdoor daybed was nothing short of spectacular. The service at the hotel is refined and elegant, and the ambiance is classy and also exotic. This hotel provided stimulative overload with the extraordinary flowers and plants, in addition to the prayers shrines and incense across the complex. We found the food at the hotel to be nothing short of superb with a variety of locally grown vegetables and fruits which were spectacular.

Our cottage was spacious, immaculate and fragrant from all of the exotic woods used for its construction. It was really something wonderfully special.

You certainly pay premium prices for experiences at Orient Express hotels but in my view for once in a lifetime trips they are well worth it.

If any of you are considering a multi-week honeymoon in Bali, I highly recommend this hotel as a stop while you are in the Jimburan/Kuta vicinity. My wife cried when we left. Enough said.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Urbane_Biz_Traveler
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Brilliant service, the staff couldn't do enough for us, but that's what you're paying for. I've stayed in many 5* hotels but the staff were extremely helpful and kind, but with out being intrusive.

Both restaurants were really really good, if a little expensive. If you want something cheaper and local, walk out onto the beach and turn right. There are about 8 little beach restaurants, 5 minute walk down the beach. All of these restaurants have tables on the beach. We tried two of them and the fish was fresh and about 75% cheaper than the hotel restaurants.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Chrislewis1001
Berkeley, California
Reviewed March 4, 2013

This hotel is located away from the party scene on a stretch of beach shared by Four Seasons and Intercontinental. The design of the hotel incorporates the natural environment and the atmosphere is very quiet. While we were there we saw very few people at the pool or in the restaurants/bars. Just outside the resort is a small town primarily buzzing with locals. Not much in the way of touristy places to visit within walking distance

Pros:

Large Rustic Bungalow Rooms with Five-star amenities
Food - A daily breakfast was included in our rate. The selection and quality goes above and beyond expectations. Eggs/French Toast/Pancakes all made to order. Pastries, Fruit, Local Hot Dishes, Juices, Cheese, Breads.
Service - The people at the resort are smiling and friendly and ready to assist with any of the guest's needs
Spa - The spa is excellent - it is outside but private. You can hear the waves crashing during the treatment. The massages themselves were excellent, the technicians tend to everything and make sure that you are comfortable throughout.

Cons:
Be prepared to live as one with nature - We actually liked this aspect of the resort - getting to see monitor lizards, geckos, etc roaming the resort was an addition to the atmosphere. It no longer was enjoyable, however, once things moved inside. Despite the turndown service, we saw bugs in the bed every night. Again, when we called the front desk to let them know, they immediately came and changed the linens but nothing could stop the small flea like bugs from coming back. This was pretty disappointing. I have stayed in similar rustic style hotels in more "buggy" environments (including their sister property in Ubud) and didn't have this problem.
The beach - while the beach looked nice from afar, after sitting at the bar and watching the beachgoers long enough, we quickly came to realize that there are lots of dogs (and occasionally a human) relieving themselves in the sand and in the water.
Upselling - As mentioned in previous reviews, we did feel that sometimes there was a bit too much pressure to join in on the activities offered by the resort.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank lcb2000