“A calming stay in Bali”

Belmond Jimbaran Puri
Ranked #7 of 57 Hotels in Jimbaran
Reviewed January 17, 2013

The Jimbaran Puri Bali is a quiet small comfortable resort set on the white sands of Jimbaran Beach. If you want elaborate and lavish don't bother. If you are looking for a private and sensual expereince of Bali without the pretense then you have found your hotel. Distinct personal Balinese touches throughout rooms, dining areas and spa. Staff were professional, friendly and attentive - they couldn't do enough for you - always on hand to offer advice, recommendations, arrange outside reservations and basically do whatever necessary to make your stay run as smoothly as possible. It was like being welcomed into a grand family home - no awkward hotel air and graces which usually accompany 5* resorts. Rooms (cottages) were private, not opulent but very generously sized with ample storage and a real sense that you were in Bali and not just another 'international hotel room'. Meals were excellent. Pool area was inviting and calming and the ease of walking off/into beach from pool was gratifying. We had many massages in Bali - both at professional spas and local boutiques but this spa treatment was by far the most enjoyable. Beach side open spa suites with the only sounds coming from the rustle of coconut palms and the lapping of waves. It was hard to pack the bags and check-out.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
JPBMger, Manager at Belmond Jimbaran Puri, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

.....Staff were professional, friendly and attentive .....

On behalf of my Team: thank you!
We will continue to do our best to exceed the expectations of our guests,
meanwhile I remain at your disposal if you need any assistance during your next reservation.

There are newer reviews for Belmond Jimbaran Puri

Reviewed January 14, 2013

My family spent 4 nights here and really enjoy our stay here. Amazing decoration, they take care of every detail and did a great job to make this hotel unique. Room was spotless, large, comfortable bed with big bathroom. The most amazing was hotel location, every morning you can walk along the beach and feel the nature. Food was delicious. Great value. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Walton H

Beautiful hotel, amazing staff.....

Is always rewarding to read such comments, on behalf of my Team, thank you!
Remaining at your disposal until your next visit.
Terima Kasih Banyak! (Thank you very much!)

Reviewed January 6, 2013

This was the first hotel we stayed at on our recent honeymoon to Bali - wow! From the moment we arrived to the moment we left (4 nights) I would be hard pushed to pick out anything bad about this place. Little more than a 15 mins taxi ride from the airport (not so close you can hear any planes) and situated on a long white sandy beach this hotel is one of the best we've ever stayed in. The overall welcome was fantastic, as it often is across Bali, presented with a cold drink and face towel, before being informed we had been upgraded from a Garden View Suite to a two bedroom pool villa which was as peaceful as it was beautiful. Service at all levels of this hotel are prompt and fantastic. The room and pool area were cleaned consistently every day by friendly but unintrusive staff, and everyone in the resort - from the restaurant waiters and reception staff to the groundsmen and spa staff were smiling and friendly whenever you saw them. We ate in their main beachside restaurant only on the first night as it was quite expensive, but that said the food was delicious, service was excellent and we had a table on the beach so no complaints! We had lunch there every day and it never dropped below exemplary. Breakfasts were included and were also wonderful, with a great array of things you are familiar with and some fun, perfectly presented local treats. We used the spa once for a couples massage in the evening with the sound of the waves lapping the shore in the background - sublime. Don't even get me started on the main pool - just beautiful, right on the beach and never over-run with people. We spent most of our evenings walking down the beach to have dinner at one of the many many excellent warungs that serve locally caught seafood on white cloth candlelit tables right on the beach itself with the water rolling gently right up to (and sometimes under!) our feet. Basically this hotel is nigh on perfect. I genuinely can't think of anything we would ask them to improve, let alone find something we didn't like. Stay here.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Paul C

The best possible start ...

What a pleasure to read such a positive comments!
We will continue to do our best in order to deserve your trust!
Remaining at your disposal until your next visit!

Reviewed January 3, 2013

As a preface, we normally stay in Four Seasons and St. Regis properties. But during the holidays, those properties were asking a fortune to stay so we decided on the Jimbaran Puri. The location is simply beautiful. You can lounge on sofa beds on the beach watching the waves lapping and your feet. Nothing could have been more relaxing or more romantic.
The property is also very pretty - but very small. I enjoyed the small part as I felt like we were in Bali and not some gigantic resort.
The breakfast was also very good and served some local specialties.
This is not a Four Seasons or St. Regis, though. The rooms are comfortable and very Bali-esque, but not the opulence that I expect in a five star hotel. I would recommend staying here for the Bali setting and for the price. But if you have the money, go to Four Seasons Jimbaran. We went for spa treatments there and were immediately jealous of the property.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean front suite.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Good choice in Jimbaran....

Thank you for taking your time to share with us your experience.
All my team and I will be waiting for your next visit!

Reviewed December 7, 2012

This was one of several properties we stayed at and it was the most down to earth. The villa was giant and spacious with a large living room, ENORMOUS yard area, and a great sized pool. The beach front was lovely and the breakfast we had was great. we ordered in some pasta for our two year old for dinner and it was large and tasty (ok I ate a lot of it too..). I would recommend this as a greta place to stay, the staff are lovely, the location is great (a short stroll down the beach has you eating seafood at tables on the sand) The villas are all reasonably close together so if you are looking for that exclusive boutique minimal villa sort of thing, this may not be your ideal location. But if you are looking for a high end villa in a great location, with greta staff - you're in luck. I would definitely stay here again. We did not actually see the rooms or cabins that are also offered agt this property so my perspective is from the villa's only.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank chris c
JPBMger, Manager at Belmond Jimbaran Puri, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2013

The villa was giant and spacious with a large living room, ENORMOUS yard area, and a great sized pool....

Thank you for your review, it is always a pleasure to exceed your expectations.
Please let me know if you decide to come back, I will be pleased to assist you with your reservation.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for three nights in a Garden View Cottage Suite and had almost all of our meals at the hotel.

On the upside:
Direct access to the beach.
Sunbeds, lounge beds and umbrellas in the beach and pool area.
Spacious rooms, nicely decorated in traditional Balinese style.
Good food in the restaurants.
Nice stylish atmosphere.
Very good breakfast buffet with a large choice of fresh fruit, juices, bread and pastries.

So - So:
Nice bungalows, rather close one to the other. We were lucky that it was the low season and the adjacent rooms seemed to be empty.
Service did vary from person to person in attentiveness. Before we left I was sitting in the outdoor lobby, reading. A staff member from the reception asked me if I would like some drinking water, which really pleased me. Unfortunately, the drinking water ended up at a different table with an artist setting up an exhibition in the lobby area.
We asked for yoga lessons and they had to be prebooked one day in advance at a very high price, so we chose to not take any.
Limited choice of massages in the spa.
The beach can get really crowded with local people and lots of stray dogs. We found the locals on the beach adding liveliness to the scene but it clearly isn't the same for everyone.
The dogs aren't aggressive, but leave their excrement which is unpleasant. If one would want to have dinner at one of the nearby beach restaurants, we would strongly advise taking a flash light for the way home.
Watching the planes taking off and landing on the nearby airport is entertaining and for our taste the noise was tolerable, again: could be perceived differently by other people.

Low:
Food and drinks were extremely expensive. Yes, good food, but way too expensive. With various restaurants in the vincinity on the beach this is not a good idea. Most guests obviously chose to eat outside. We were just too lazy to do so.
It seems that the management presses on the staff to sell as much as possible. Being asked many times during a meal whether we would like to buy more drinks is just obtrusive and doesn't help with the atmosphere. Worst was our "welcome manager", who leaned heavily on us to make us book a special dinner with Balinese dance performance right on our arrival. He just stopped short of telling us what ignorant idiots we would be to not wanting to watch this performance.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Schweizerin_Bern
JPBMger, Manager at Belmond Jimbaran Puri, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2012

Thank you for sharing with us your comments, all your reviews are important for us.
When I read yours I do really regret that I did not have the opportunity to speak with you and hear them directly during your stay or even before your departure, I would have immediately done my best to change your less positive feeling, now I can only feel really sorry if you had such experience with us.
I have addressed all your points to all my departments, and I can assure you that we will work to improve all of them.
If you allow me I would like also to share with you that our beach is usually one of the most quite public beach in Bali, and is true that in the late afternoon, especially on Sundays, it becomes an alive place with Balinese families and friends, enjoying the beach, but always with respect.
For my Team at the restaurant and front office, I am sad to hear that you kept such a less positive impression about them, as usually I have great feedback, as you can read in the other reviews. Please accept my sincere apology for any inconvenient or discomfort you may have had during your stay. Sometimes they may appear a little too much pushy, but I can assure you that is more a matter of "over enthusiasm", than to make you uncomfortable. They are really concern by the well-being of the guests and they work with their heart.
Of course I will work with them on this aspect. I hope you will give us another opportunity to prove to you that we deserve your trust, and we are better than your first impression.
If you decide to come back please do not hesitate to contact me personally I will assist you in your booking.

Terima Kasih (Thank you !)

Resident Manager

Reviewed December 3, 2012

the property is on the beach owned by orient express and has excellent villas . we stayed one night but the property is amazing. only jimbaran not as developed as kuta or seminayak. the hotel as bar almost on the beach. worth a stay.

Room Tip: try to stay in the near the beach as villas over number 50 is a long walk from beach .
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank nirajsomaiya

worth a stay...

You are right you had a too short stay, we will be then expecting you for more nights the next time!
If you need some assistance with your future and longer stay, please do not hesitate to contact me personally, I will be pleased to assist you.