“Wonderful staff, fabulous location.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Belmond Jimbaran Puri

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Belmond Jimbaran Puri
Ranked #6 of 55 Hotels in Jimbaran
Perth, Australia
“Wonderful staff, fabulous location.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

We spent four nights in this beautiful resort and had a lovely time. The staff are just so helpful and nothing at all is too much trouble. They are ALL very happy, respectful and seem to really enjoy being a part of the Jimbaran Puri Bali "team" which is to be commended. The manager is "hands on" and because of this I believe the staff are motivated to be the best they can. Often the manager is just a name on a piece of paper but at this hotel she was also a part of the "team". This is one of the reasons the resort is so well run, in my opinion anyway.

Room Tip: The Garden View Suite was just perfect.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JPBMger, Manager at Belmond Jimbaran Puri, responded to this review, September 22, 2012
Wonderful staff, fabulous location....

Thank you very much for your appreciation, my team and I work hard to assure that all the needs of our Guests are answered in the best way possible, so when we have a Guest who recognize the effort made we can only feel proud to be part of this Team and it will, with no doubt, motivate us to continue to improve and do all our best to fulfill your expectations!
Your satisfaction is our main mission!
On behalf of all my team I would like to thank you for your kind review and we all wish to have the pleasure to see you again in a near future!
Terima Kasih!
MH

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Hazlet, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

We kicked off our 2 week honeymoon in Bali with 3 days at the Jimbaran Puri Bali and we wish we had spent more time here. From the moment we arrived after our 26 hr trip from NYC the service was top notch. We were welcomed with a drink and cool towel upon arrival and check in was quick and easy. Our cottage was perfect, clean, welcoming and felt like home. At night we could hear the waves breaking, yet overall it was very quiet and peaceful. Within 1 hr of being on the property the entire staff knew our name and each person we encountered was extremely helpful, friendly and pleasant. I am not sure what some reviews are talking about as during our stay the service was never less than excellent, no matter whom we questioned there was time taken to ensure that our needs were met. Watching sunset each night was wonderful, the entire atmosphere of the beach changes, everyone is out fishermen playing soccer, couples taking walks, and enjoying the window of time.

Of the three hotels we stayed at during our time in Bali we felt that the food at the Jimbaran was by far the best. I would actually say that it was some of the best food we had on the entire trip, in or out of hotels. The food and beverage manager was top notch and so friendly. She took time with all of the guests ensuring that they were pleased with both their food and the service. She even recommended some great tours for our next leg in Ubud.

My husband and I each had a massage and each of us were pleased, it is expensive for Bali and lower cost spas can be found, however, the service itself was excellent.

All in all we know we will be back one day to the Jimbaran, we loved all of our hotel stays during our honeymoon, but the Jimbaran was special.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
we wish we had spent more time here.....

Thank you very much for such a good review, we can only wish that you will come back in a near future to enjoy at least 10 days!
Please let us know if you need any assistance during the process of your next reservation, I will pleased to help.
Meanwhile Terima Kasih! (Tank You) ! and see you soon!
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at the Jimbaran Puri Bali. It's a very nice hotel in a beautiful location, but there are a few areas that let it down.

1. The service is slightly random. Sometimes the staff are over keen to i.e. interrupting a conversation to take an order. Sometimes there's no service at all e.g. sitting in the bar at sunset, i had to go up to the bar to get served, rather than having a friendly waiter to come and take my order. Sounds small, but it's the small things that make a difference.

To take this to a next level, i got a general feeling that the staff were always told to upsell. I don't mind this, but when it's not combined with great consistent service, it starts to feel rather corporate and instructed from head office, rather than being genuinely interested in providing the best service for their customers.

2. The food is slightly confused. I would like to either eat Indonesian, or western, not a slightly confused version of both. The food was also ridiculously expensive. I don't mind paying a premium for good food, but an example here is the fresh grilled seafood. The hotel charged R90 or so per 100g of jumbo prawns. The seafood restaurant along the beach charged half that per KG of jumbo prawns. I actually preferred the service and ambiance of the seafood restaurant along the beach - definitely recommend visiting.

3. The beach staff were more keen on collecting fallen leaves, rather than helping guests with towels, or to move their sunbeds (which are extremely heavy). Again, it's the small points that matter.

4. In room toiletries weren't of the best quality and not always replaced when used.

Finally, please don't keep leaving the 'other hotels in the Orient Express' book on my pillow at night. It's just annoying.

Room Tip: Get a sea view room
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank ChrisKnibbs
JPBMger, Manager at Belmond Jimbaran Puri, responded to this review, August 26, 2012
....We enjoyed our stay at the Jimbaran Puri Bali......

Dear Mr. C.K, thank you for your review, all the comments are important for us to understand the perception of our Guests. Our mission is obviously the satisfaction of our Guests, and in your case I can only be sorry if you had this mix feeling.
I am sadly surprised and I do regret that my management and myself did not have had the opportunity to hear your comments during your stay. We will have immediately addressed this inconvenient.
All our team is known for their sincere kindness but is true that sometimes they do not perceive that they are exceeding the client's space. I do apologize and I would like, if you allow me, to clarify that is not done in a purpose to be rude or inconvenient in any way, is more a matter of different culture, perception. Of course we will continue to explain and train them in order to improve their subtlety.
In spite of this inconvenient I hope we will have again the pleasure to see you, meanwhile I remain personally at your disposal.
My Regards
Hants, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

After a long flight from the UK it was nice to only have a 10 minute drive from the airport and arrive at an incredible place. We were all upgraded to incredible villas with pools! The main swimming pool was huge and very nice. The beach was long and beautiful. The food was delicious but quite expensive so we went out for some supper to some wonderful fish cafes along the beach! A great way to start and end the holiday.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
The beach was long and beautiful..............

Thank you to take your time to share with all the travelers your comments.
It is always a reward for all my team and I, to see that we have exceeded your expectations.
Hoping we will have the pleasure to receive you again in a near future, meanwhile do not hesitate to contact me for any assistance you may need with your reservation.
Terima Kasih! (Thank you)
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

Our 7 day stay here was quite by accident as we got moved here from our booked accommodation who were overbooked. We were blown away from the moment we arrived by the friendliness of the bell porter and reception staff. They were a mountain of knowledge and so helpful, even organised our day trip to Nusa Lembongan island which was quite an experience.
The all you can eat breakfast at their majestical restaurant with 180 degree views of the ocean is one thing you will look forward to and what fine service. There are specials every day so no breakfast is essentially the same and Boy o boy how friendly are the staff!
The accomodation is spacious, divine bathroom and an outdoor shower for those humid days and some units even have their own private pool.
In short if you want a relaxing and spoilt holiday, this is the place to go to, hands down.
Their spa is great and with special prices for guests it is very very good value.

Room Tip: The sea facing rooms look ok but the garden rooms are very spacious and if you can afford, get the g...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank divyesh62
We were blown away from the moment we arrived by the friendliness of the bell porter and reception staff.........

Thank you on behalf of my team for sharing with all such motivating comments.
I can assure you that we will continue to work hard to exceed the expectations of our Guests.
Meanwhile we, all, remain at your disposal until your next visit, and please be free to contact me for any assistance you may need during your reservation.
Terima Kasih! (thank you!).
Frankfurt, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

First of all, I have to say it is very difficult not to give Jimbaran Puri Bali a "very good" rating as the service from the staff is outstanding, with plenty of staff attending promptly to your every need and the cottages and villas are very luxurious. They are cleaned twice a day, which is superb. The staff are very friendly and always have a smile on their face. The breakfast is also very good with a wide selection, plus cooked meals a la carte, but note "breakfast until 10h30 am" means you need to have finished by 10h30am, not turn up at 10h29am! (I may get a reply from the resort, saying that this is not true but the staff at breakfast made it clear every day that they needed to pack up the buffet at 10h30am). The beach/sun loungers and pool are great. Just beware that to go in the water, you need aqua shoes as there are a lot of stones in the water. Maybe the local fisherman use dynamite when they fish! Plus the waves are nothing comparable to Ulu Watu and Kuta, but at least Jimbaran is not overrun with surfers as a result. I have heard comments about noise from the airport, but that is not true as it is far enough away for it to be a problem.

What is a real shame, however, is the price for an evening meal (unless you go half-board) or buying any drinks from the restaurants in the resort. You pay at least 4x the amount you would pay in one of the great seafood warung on the beach, plus there is the usual service charge and government tax on top. Red snapper in the hotel restaurant was 750,000 rupees and 75,000 rupees in one of the warung. That's 10x the price and just for it being seared!!

I have seen one of the replies from the hotel to a reviewer, saying the high prices are down to local taxes. That may be true in the case of wine in Bali, which is expensive wherever you buy it due to import duties, but not the case for other things in Bali. Just as an example, a bottle of Bintang Beer costs 3x as much to drink at the resort as outside it.

The other point validly raised by another reviewer is that, although staff are exceedingly friendly, they do have a tendency to pester you to buy drinks. It's alright to ask someone twice if they want more wine or water, but to ask them 5x can become very trying.

In a nutshell, unless you go half-board or have bottomless pockets, I would recommend going to one of the great seafood warung on the beach - I can recommend Teba Mega Cafe in the Southern group of Warung - or take a taxi and have a meal in Seminyak or Kerobokan. Taxis are dirt cheap in Bali, especially if you use a Bluebird one with the meter on.

I filled in the feedback form for the resort at the end of our stay. The one thing I wonder about is whether the resort will one day decide to change its pricing policy for its restaurants on the basis of reviews as their restaurants are always so empty in the evening because of the prices or perhaps it's because they want to do justice to half-board customers or want to follow the same pricing levels as all the other 5 star resorts in the area.

Room Tip: Do not eat evening meals at the resort (unless you go half-board or have a lot of money) as it's...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank eurotraveller187337
JPBMger, Manager at Belmond Jimbaran Puri, responded to this review, August 11, 2012
...First of all, I have to say it is very difficult not to give Jimbaran Puri Bali a "very good" rating as the service from the staff is outstanding, .....

Thank you for taking your time to write your review, all the comments are important for us and we respect the opinions of all our Guests.
My Team has really appreciated your positive comments about their service and they will always continue to improve in order to assure the full satisfaction of our dear Guests.
I have seen also that you have commented about our prices, in food and beverages, and I would like, if you allow me, to share with you and all our travelers, that all our prices are checked seriously every year and compared with all the Hotels\Resorts of the same category of ours. You right, we really are over taxed in imported beverages, specially in alcohol but also in imported food and we have 21% to add on all the prices as per law. On the local products we apply the prices practiced by all the same Hotels\Resort's category. Nevertheless we have 2 restaurants, the Nelayan and the Tunjung, and we do also a special Asian fish and Seafood BBQ on the beach each evening, which allows the guests to have two types of cuisine: the International and fresh Fish & Seafood and the Asian cuisine, with different prices as well; as you have wrote also we propose half-board or full board packages. We really try to answer to all our Guests requests. But we will never compete with a "warung" or want to be compared to a "warung", with all the respect I have for this concept. Each concept has its own market, clientele.
Hoping it will not prevent you to come to visit us again, and please be free the next time to contact us me personally to assist you during your booking.
Terima Kasih (Thank you)
MHM
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

We stayed at Jimbaran Puri for 2 nights at the start of our honeymoon and only wished we'd stayed longer. On finding out we were just married a few days earlier were upgraded to a private pool villa, which really did help makethe first few days of our honeymoon just so special. It was pure luxury. The rooms were beautiful, our privates garden and pool so tranquil and all incredibly romantic. In the evenings the hotel is scattered with candle lit lanterns surrounding the many beautiful ponds and lakes across the resort, and you can eat right on the beach. The buffet style breakfast was one of the best I've ever sampled with such a huge choice of tropical fruits and juices along with home baked pastries and cakes. The staff were so friendly and helpful. We really only had good things to say about our experience here!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
....The buffet style breakfast was one of the best I've ever sampled with such a huge choice of tropical fruits and juices along with home baked pastries and cakes. ....

We are pleased to see that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that all my Team have exceeded your expectations.
Therima Kasih (thank you) then and we all will remain at your disposal until your next visit!