“Delightful beach hotel”

Belmond Jimbaran Puri
Ranked #7 of 62 Hotels in Jimbaran
Reviewed March 17, 2012

We really enjoyed staying at this lovely beach hotel. It was very well run, the rooms were nice although the sliding doors were really a bad idea. The food was lovely and the staff and management were charming helpful and friendly. Sadly the weather was not that good, but that is the risk of visiting Indonesia at this time of the year.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Caroline v
JPBMger, Manager at Belmond Jimbaran Puri, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2012

...Delightful beach hotel ....

Thank you very much to share with all your memories at JBP.
If you need any assistance with your future reservation please do not hesitate to contact me.
Meanwhile I wish you an Happy Easter Season!

Terima Kasih! (Thank you!)

Write a ReviewReviews (1,132)

Reviewed March 10, 2012

My husband & I just returned from a magnificent vacation in Bali. WE had a great time - but overall Bali was much more over-run that I had expected. It is dirty, crowded, and just BUSY. This charming little hotel was exactly what I had in mind all these years when I had wanted to visit Bali, however. We had only 1 short night here before a trip to Lombok, but it was gorgeous and we left with me palpably wanting to stay here longer. If we return to Bali, this is one of the few places I'd consider.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank LeMunro
JPBMger, Manager at Belmond Jimbaran Puri, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2012

....If we return to Bali, this is one of the few places I'd consider. ...

Thank you very much for sharing with us your experience, It is always a pleasure to read that we have succeeded to exceed the expectations of our Guests, and we will continue to improve until your next visit!
Meanwhile I remain at your disposal for any assistance you may need with your future reservation.

Reviewed March 2, 2012

My husband & I stayed 7 nights with Puri Bali. We arrived totally relaxed from Ubud & slid right into the beach scene at Puri Bali.

The staff greeted us with a warm friendly smile & a hello & were very helpful with any queries we had.

We quicly established a routine of watching the locals on the beach, while sipping on cocktails & watching the sunset.

Our garden view suite was sensational, with more than enough room. The bathroom was lovely, with a rainwater shower, which I just adore. It also had an outdoor shower but there was no hot water, only cold. I would prefer a warm shower, personally.

The breakfast was divine, the hardest thing was deciding what you wanted but a firm favouite was the french toast, it was to die for. The mie gorneg was another favourite both of which would be worth the return trip alone, lol.

Overall my husband & I had a lovely time at this establishement & will definately return on our next trip to Bali.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kim M

....The breakfast was divine....

Thank you very much for sharing with all Travelers your experience. To exceed the expectations of our Guests is always the best reward we can receive.
We all will be waiting for your return, meanwhile I remain at your disposal for any assistance you may need in the future

Reviewed February 17, 2012

This was the final hotel in a two week stay at Bali and it was the perfect finish to a great trip. Travelled with a 14month old boy (who if we'd stayed any longer would have serious ego issues as he was ridiculously spoilt by every Balinese who came across him!)

First the location, its on the Beach and from the Beach you can see and sometimes hear the airport to the north. However it is far enough away that you have plenty of other things to take in. Both to the North and South of the hotel are the clusters of seafood beach restaurants (5-15 minute walks)

Now the Facilities, The West coast Beachfront location allow you to enjoy well made drinks watching the sun set. The Beach was well served with shaded lounges with drink service and they bring out the occasional complimentary treat as you laze around during the day. The restaurant serves delicious food (but pricey for Bali) we ate there once (and used a Babysitter provided by the hotel), had room service a couple of times and the quality was the same. Breakfast was sumptous; Buffet and truly International. The hotel has drivers 'on tap' to run you to Kuta and some other locations and you can organise your own tour very easily. Did one to Uluwatu Temple which is not too far from Hotel.

Now the Villa - Stayed in a 1 Bedroom Pool Villa and having on a prior trip to Bali stayed at the Samaya we arrived with a high standard in our minds. Well it was exceeded. Inside,there were spacious three rooms - living area, dining area and bedroom, the large bathroom with indoor and outdoor showers. All with refined, natural fittings. The living area had a large day bed in which our family could relax and watch the huge tv. From the living area you could slide the door open and walk direct into the pool, after which you could walk to the Bale and await your booked afternoon tea.

The Service was outstanding in all areas, we had an issue when we checked in as they had no record of our late check out that we had organised. I had to return to the front desk but it was resolved incredibly quickly and very politely. From the Butler, the Drivers, the Restaurant Staff, the Front Desk Staff, the Babysitter to the Gardeners and Cleaners, all were friendly and welcoming.

The price could be considered steep however you do get what you pay for and if you are thinking of saving up and treating yourself then this resort would be ideal.

Likes:
The big beds/couches on the beach were the BEST places to watch the sunset.
The location, ambling to the Seafood Restaurants to indulge...and watch the sunset.
The food.
The service.
The Villa.

Dislikes:
Leaving.

(Its taken too long to write this review. We stayed in April 2011)

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank LeonGov
JPBMger, Manager at Belmond Jimbaran Puri, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2012

.......The Villa's are worth it!”....
Thank you for sharing with us your experience, it is always a pleasure to see that we have succeeded to exceed your expectations.
We will be waiting for your return,meanwhile I remain at your entire disposal if you need any assistance for your future reservation in our property in Bali or in one of the our Orient Express Hotels.

Reviewed February 15, 2012

Too close to the airport so you hear the planes taking off and the Indian ocean beach tide brings up a load of daily garbage. Service is excellent and the surroundings are beautiful. We thought the food was very good but I found the rooms less than 5 star. First room had insects falling from the thatched rood and a bathtub drain that was clogged. All were fixed by the attentive staff immediately. We were moved to a second room the next day but it was older, the doors didn't close properly and the roof leaked after a heavy rainfall. Again the lovely service staff attended to these problems immediately.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ines B
JPBMger, Manager at Belmond Jimbaran Puri, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2012

........Service is excellent and the surroundings are beautiful.........

Thank you for sharing with us your comments. I feel sorry if you had a less positive experience due to some inconvenient situations.
Normally the airport is far enough not to disturb our Guests, I can only feel sorry if during your stay an abnormal activity of airplane traffic has occurred. But I can assure you that we are considered as a very quiet property .
I hope we will have the opportunity to receive you again in a near future, during another season may be, and I am sure you will have a different experience.
Meanwhile I remain at your disposal if you need any assistance during your next reservation.

Reviewed February 5, 2012

We stayed here for week two of our honeymoon having had a fantastic time in Ubud for the first week. It was a nice contrast to stay at a beach resort.

The accommodation was very spacious, clean and well kept. We had complimentary fresh local fruit everyday and a flask of herbal tea which was a nice touch. We enjoyed the vast choices available for breakfast. We had an evening meal at the resort on a couple of occasions, it was a little pricey but good choice and quality. They have a cocktail hour which is a nice start to the evening with a lovely view of the sunset. All the staff were very friendly and happy to help.

We spent a few days on the beach and enjoyed an occasional complimentary ice lolly and ice fruit. We had no problem choosing a nice spot on a sun lounger to sit back and enjoy a good book. We had walks along the beach and stopped at different places for a bite to eat. In the evening it is perfectly placed to walk along the beach to restaurants cooking fresh seafood at tables on the beach.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Helenie_Teacake
JPBMger, Manager at Belmond Jimbaran Puri, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2012

Amazing honeymoon hotel.....

Thank you for choosing our porperty during your Honeymoon. It is always a pleasure to read that we were part of these special moments in the life of our Guests.

Until your next visit I remain at your disposal for any assistant you may need during your next reservation.

Reviewed February 3, 2012

I was delighted to have stayed at this lovely, almost boutique hotel recently and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. While I was able to find a steal online for less than half the normal cost, it might be a bit pricey for the average vacationer. But, the service, location, property, beach, and every tiny little aspect of this hotel made it well worth even the regular price. Everyone was lovely and took care of me and my sister during our stay. My sister got food poisoning from an outside restaurant (NOT one of the hotel's restaurants) while we were there and they even offered to help us find a doctor to come see her. Luckily, some medication from a local pharmacy did the trick, but I was touched by their thoughtfulness. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone and would look into staying here again, should I be lucky enough to return to Bali.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends

.....I was delighted to have stayed at this lovely,.............

Our purpose is to assist all our Guests in all their requests and even more if we can.
So I am pleased to see that my Team have succeed their mission.
You can always count on us.

We hope also to have the pleasure to receive you again in our paradisiac Island, until your next visit I remain at your disposal for any assistance you may need for your next reservation.

Terima Kasih