“Great if you book a villa room”

Belmond Jimbaran Puri
Ranked #8 of 57 Hotels in Jimbaran
Ringwood, United Kingdom
“Great if you book a villa room”
Reviewed August 22, 2011

If you are in any doubt about booking the hotel don't be and if you can run to a villa you will enjoy beautiful private gardens and pool. The hotel is set on the beach which is huge sweeping for miles, not really suitable for weak swimmers of young children as the surf is typically rough, great for body boarding and on some days surfing. The pool at the hotel is huge and heated with plenty of sunbeds and staff running around looking after you. The hotel faces directly west onto the beach and whilst we were there we enjoyed the sun setting into the sea with cocktails during a well timed happy hour! Be careful when booking the hotel theme nights however, the staff do try and sell the idea to you, to be fair very tactifully, but it is likely they see a benefit. the cost isn't mentioned and we fell into the trap of celebrating their Balinese full moon including dancing and a fairly lavish BBQ. I thought it was poorly attended and only realised why when discovered it cost over $160 per person plus alcohol! Bearing in mind you can walk along the beach and get a meal from one of the many beach restaurants (turn left for best value) for no more than $15 per head with a beer it was terribly overpriced. That aside this is a lovely property with hugely obliging staff who somehow remember your name, room and favourite drinks. Not cheap but worth every penny...

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank anthony H
JPBMger, Manager at Belmond Jimbaran Puri, responded to this review, August 27, 2011
....If you are in any doubt about booking the hotel don't be....

I would like to thank you for taking your time to write a review with such positive comments.
We always appreciate when our guests recognize our efforts and for sure we will continue to improve. Your satisfaction is important for us!
About the sea, I may say it is an exceptional month, our sea usually is very very quiet and not at all a spot for surfers, but this winter has been an unusual windy season.
I would like also to apologize if you felt misled about the communication of our entertainment program. For every entertainment we create flyers where we write all the selling conditions and we even add prices in rupiahs, dollars and euros and all these flyers are displayed in all our receptions and restaurants. After reading your review I realized that it may not be enough, so thank you for informing me about this situation and we will definitively reinforce with our team how to communicate better on the entertainment event's conditions.
Hoping we will have the pleasure to receive you again in a near future and to show you our improvements.
Terima Kasih!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
La Rochelle, France
Reviewed August 18, 2011

The location and the villas are definitely unique BUT the rest does not fit the price you pay , for Bali it is definitely disapointing ... The beach is great but too close from the Airport, and the service is certainly not at the level of the reputation of an hotel belonging to the Orient Express group. Restaurant at an average level...

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
....The location and the villas are definitely unique....

I would like to thank you for taking your time to write your review, all the comments are very important for us, positive and negative ones. I do regret sincerely that we did not have the opportunity to meet during your stay or even before your departure. It seems clearly that your experience with us has not been the expected, and I may say totally different that we hope to provide to all our guests.
I am at your entire disposal if you want to contact me personally to share all the inconvenient situations found on our property. I am always interested in improving in order to avoid in the future such less positive comments. ----------.
Remaining at your entire disposal and hoping you will let us a chance in the future to change your opinion about us.
Regards
Terima Kasih
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 4, 2011

We stayed here for 7 nights following a week in Ubud. We had a cottage with private plunge pool which surpassed my expectations. The plunge pool is about 4m x 4m with decking and loungers for 4 people. The cottage has a sitting/dining room with master bedroom/bathroom and a further twin bedroom on the first floor. The second bedroom also had an enormous bathroom en-suite. The hotel is situated on the beach in about the middle of Jimbaran Bay. The beach is not private but is kept clean and tidy by the hotel staff. You can walk along the beach to the seafood restaurants which the area is famous for although I would recommend that you choose your restaurant from the road rather than the beach as you can tell much better what you are going to get that way. There is a restaurant and bar on the beach where you can eat on the beach by candle light. There is a further restaurant where tables are also on the beach serving Asian food. This restaurant also serves breakfast. The quality of food and drink throughout was excellent although it was expensive. It proved almost impossible to discover without actually having breakfast how much it cost. To some extent I was surprised that it was not included in the price. Sometimes the service was a little bit pushed to cope as the hotel was full while we were there. This was particularly apparent at breakfast where occasionally it was necessary to wait for a table. On one occasion we cancelled an order for eggs as it simply didn't appear and in the Asian restaurant, only 2 of 3 starters came to start with. The staff were charming and friendly although occasionally it felt a bit forced. The main pool is lovely and the grounds are very well kept. I also used the spa for a massage which seemed good value. Only other minor niggle was that our pool towels were not changed at all while we were at the hotel. In fact 2 of them disappeared quite early on and were not replaced. Also the lock to the sliding door to our cottage did not seem very secure and could do with upgrading. Some nice touches such as lots of fruit, free internet, nice library and shop. The hotel arranged a taxi to take us to Uluwatu temple. However, they omitted to mention that there was a festival at the temple on that evening so we were denied entrance!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
JPBMger, Manager at Belmond Jimbaran Puri, responded to this review, September 19, 2011
............The quality of food and drink throughout was excellent............
I would like to thank you for taking your time to share with all of us your comments.
I did not have the opportunity to speak personally with you during your stay and I do regret, I would have certainly apologize and rectify the inconveniences you have found.
Thank you then to remind me that we, all my team and myself, have to work harder and not assume that everything is under control. I hope you will give us another chance to show you our improvement.
About your comment on prices, I would like to share with you that we review regularly and carefully all our prices and we make sure that they are online with all 5stars Hotels in Bali.
Hoping I have succeed to answer to your comment.
Meanwhile should you decide to come back to visit us, please do not hesitate to contact me, I will assist you with your reservation.
Reviewed July 30, 2011

Me and my wife stayed here for 3 nights, we came directly from their sister hotel, ubud hanging gardens, which was amazing! Jimbaran puri is also amazing. If i was to compare the two places, i'd choose hanging gardens because the food was better at its restaurant. However, there are more nearby restaurants by jimbaran puri that are tasty! The villas are spacious, clean and look great. The beach is nice, the sand is quite soft and clean, the view is stunning with amazing sunrises and sunsets.

• Stayed July 2011
JPBMger, Manager at Belmond Jimbaran Puri, responded to this review, September 24, 2011
...The villas are brilliant!....
Thank you for sharing with all of us your positive comments, we are always pleased to see that we have exceed the expectations of our Guests.
I can assure you that all your comments were taken seriously, and may be next time when you will visit us, we may surprise you... in our side, we will do all our best to be this way!
Meanwhile I will remain at your disposal if you need any assistance with your future reservation.

Terima Kasih
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed July 29, 2011

We spent 4 delightful nights here, the staff were as usual in Bali, friendly, courteous, efficient and endlessly helpful, only here more so. One gets the sense of very sharp management here and an eye for detail, everything was beautifully presented and maintained. Most importantly it was small enough to not have that impersonal resort feel that bigger places sometimes have.

An unexpected delight was the personal pool attached to the room.

We enjoyed eating at the bar restaurant enormously but were underwhelmed by the main restaurant, especially the Indonesian cuisine which we had been looking forward to. But that was a minor quibble in an otherwise excellent experience that we would be more than happy to repeat.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
JPBMger, Manager at Belmond Jimbaran Puri, responded to this review, August 19, 2011
An unalloyed delight, understated luxury on a human scale.....

Is always a reward to read such comments coming from our Guests.
It is a daily Teamwork effort, so when the effort pays off I can only be pleased for all and realize that we are on the good path, and we must continue.

Thank you and we all also will be waiting for you in a near future.

New York City, New York
Reviewed July 27, 2011

We arrived in Bali on July 14th for our Honeymoon. The first week of our trip was spent in Jimbarian. What an amazing week. Upon our arrival we were brought to our incredible pool villa. Actually its 2 villas! One where you sleep and bathe, the other is a living/dining room. Both beautifully decorated, air conditioned and equipped with big flat screen TVs. It took the man showing us our room around 15 minutes just to explain all the added perks. In all my years of traveling, I've never experienced such amenities. Honestly if I had known, my luggage would have been much lighter. The regular stuff like shampoo, conditioner and body lotion (the best smelling stuff...I didn't even unpack my expensive stuff from the states) were all supplied. In addition Bug spray, tooth brushes, razors, a beach bag, straw hats were all in our room. We were given incense each day to burn in our villas. A fruit bowl full of fruit grown in Bali awaited us each day as we returned from the beach. And for remembrance I was given a Sarong and a Puri Bali polo for my husband. They also give you a voucher for their spa. I believe it was $30 off any service. And that's just the room!!!
Breakfast was AWESOME. Each day there is a special you can choose from along with a full breakfast buffet. Most of the stuff is made right there so it's really fresh. Definitely taste the yogurt, I miss it already.
The Beach is beautiful and very relaxing. Twice a day (I believe 12pm and 3pm) the staff comes around with a little treat. 12pm was frozen fruit bars, 3pm a fruit drink. Just little perks that make you feel special!
We had read complaints about the high cost of drinks and so we were prepared. Each drink cost around $8 Us, however each time we ordered a drink we were brought a snack with it. And not the traditional peanuts...once 2 shrimps and mini pizza bites, once a plate filled with olives, breads and peppers. Making the cost of the drinks well worth it. We ordered cappuccinos by the beach and we're each given a macaroon and cookie with it.
The staff at Puri were so helpful. While in Hong Kong during our lay over, we called the Hotel in hopes to set up a VIP visa service (we heard the time it took getting a visa could be a nightmare) and after a 23 hours we just wanted to get there. Lea, although only given 5 hours to do so, arranged the whole thing for us. We were in and out of the airport in minutes. Lea also was very helpful in setting up reservations for dinner, demanding the very best seat in the house for her clients. All in all this was the perfect start to our Honeymoon. We will never forget the Puri Bali and are now looking into more Orient-Express Hotels.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
...Luxury at it's best !....

On behalf my Team thank you very much for such positive and encouraging comments.
Hoping to receive you again in a near future.

copenhagen
Reviewed July 26, 2011

Jimberan Puri bali is a relativly small resort. This means, that everyone in the very competent staff is familiary with you and your preferences within a very short time.
The service you get is in top, and every one is very friendly.
The rooms and villas in Balineese style has a high standart.
The best thing about this hotekl/resort is the fantastic beach: Soft sand and calm water in wich you can swim - also if you are a child.
You can alter between the resaurants at the hotel and very high class - and trendy - restaurants in Seminiak, wich is only ar short and cheap taxi ride away.Alternativly you can eat on the beach in one of the many very good and vey cheap lokal sea food restaurants wich ar esablished directly on the beach in the evening.

If you see no alternative to luxury but stoll want a lean back relaxed place to spend som tim, not many places can compeete with this holel

Room Tip: Villas are great, but if you want to hear teh wawes take a beach view villa