So judging by experience and reading others' recent experience, this hotel seems to be a Jekyll and Hyde property of sorts. Let's start with the positive...the property itself is just fantastic in just about all aspects. In June 2014 we stayed 3 nights in a Singaraja Duplex and then 8 nights in a King Bukit Suite.
Both rooms were very nice with sizable bathrooms, comfortable beds, great space division since we were traveling with our two kids (2nd half bath for them and separate sleeping area). The pools and the beach were beautiful as always, and food was excellent, too. We like to eat breakfast at either Jimbaran Gardens or the restaurant in the main building, lunch at Jimbaran Gardens and dinner at Jimbaran Gardens.
We had drinks at night by the Club Pool or the Sunset Bar, which were both really nice, but we preferred the Club Pool for its less club-like scene. We did high tea once, which was fun, and our kids made ample use of Planet Trekkers which was just terrific. During our 11 night stay, we saw only one employee who wasn't smiling at all times, and we always felt like we were well cared for. If I had to grade the stay on the employees, their service and friendliness, this would have been a rock solid 5 star review.
Yes, the rooms are indeed slightly dated and need a refurb, but even in their dated state, they are very nice. Minor quibble is that the hotel has stopped using the bathroom amenities it used to provide in the little porcelain jars and they now use the standard IC Agraria stuff, which I don't really like (and it creates tons of unnecessary plastic waste).
The big issue in this hotel is the check-in and reservations staff. I will try to keep this as short as possible...two weeks prior to the trip, we had been upgraded to a King Bukit suite for all 11 nights. I confirmed this via email with the reservations staff and aligned the newly acquired Club benefits with them. When we arrived after 30+ hours of travel, we were told the room was ready but we were lead in the wrong part of the hotel straight to a Classic Resort Suite. It took 3 hours of back and forth during which the hotel tried its best to deny us the upgrade I had seen as recently as hours prior with varying statements ranging from flat out lies (you were never upgraded) to dismissal (it is what it is, deal with it). After 3 hours, we were finally accommodated with a decent compromise (3 nights in the Singaraja Duplex followed by 8 nights in Bukit Suite) and the rest of the vacation was truly exceptional. Hotel gave us a free couple's massage cert and apologized profusely. They did the right thing, but only because I was very persistent. This should not be happening to IC Plat Ambassadors when they try to check in. I am planning on relaying a more detailed account to IHG in the coming days so they are aware of the shenanigans.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on 14 hectares of tropical landscape, showcasing a blend of indigenous flora, waterways and statues reflecting the island's heritage, InterContinental Bali Resort is blessed by an endless stretch of white sand beach overlooking Jimbaran Bay. There are six swimming pools, Planet Trekkers for the children, a fitness centre and plenty of recreational activities to keep guests occupied throughout the day. Award winning Spa Uluwatu provides healing and beauty treatments. Superb choice of restaurants including Japanese, Italian and Seafood make every dining experience an adventure in culinary excellence. Club InterContinental offers the height of luxury and exclusivity and has gained the reputation of offering the best Club experience in Bali. It is set in its own private wing and secluded enclave in exquisite gardens and swimming pull. Our Club guests stay in the resorts’ premier accommodation category with an exclusive array of privileges and entitlements. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, IHG, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Bali Hotel Jimbaran
- Intercontinental Hotel Bali
- Intercontinental Hotel Jimbaran
- Bali Intercontinental
- INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort Jimbaran