“Nice Beach” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 55 Hotels in Jimbaran
Singapore, Singapore
“Nice Beach”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014

The place is very nice and quiet. I went there for relaxation purposes and everything was fine, although the food was a bit overpriced - or not as good as I expected.

The room are a bit old and are due for refurbishment, but everything works and I really enjoyed my stay there.

Interconnection was everywhere on the beach.

Staff was very friendly.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Bismarck211
Michel_KJ_Chertouh, General Manager at INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Dear Bismarck211,

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience pertaining to your recent stay at our resort. It is always a pleasure to receive a positive feedback. My team and I are continuously enhancing our service and facilities, therefore your feedback is an advantageous for us.

Michel Chertouh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (596)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014

Just back from a week stay. we stayed in a resort classic suite which suited us travelling with a 10 month old and a 3 year old. Toddler was happy to sleep in living room large sofa. Spacious warm wood flooring great for kids and large balcony terrace,

Big pluses are the beautifully maintained mature garden and Balinese landscaping. Absolutely relaxing with the pond and river flowing through. Our room faced the pond and sea beyond and kids seeing the ducks walk from their island to the pond each morning from the balcony! Another plus is the excellent service- everyone did their best to assist even if not their area. Appreciated Budi and team at Taman Gita for getting oatmeal freshly prepared in kitchen for our baby during breakfast:) We loved the large cabana at main pool- shaded with large mattress where our baby fell asleep while we hung out by the pool. No gimmicky slides too- just water fountains and sprays with Balinese stone sculptures -fun and tradition at the same time! Some areas shallow too for the toddler. Food good-bella cucina excellent Italian. Price wise reasonable considering we had a good deal with 20% off under long stay which offset the relatively high taxes.

Only minuses: warning large property and our room was furthest wing from lobby and second floor so flight of stairs. Lift available but prepared for long walk and back track.The wing is near enough to sunset bar and pool/beacg bella cucina but hassle with carrying baby and kid stuff and when we forget to bring stuff down. Better ask for ground floor. Or if older kids don't mind smaller room or duplex with stair, singharaja rooms nearer I believe. We managed with some planning.
Other odd thing was the occasional bad smell wafting back from the water closet- perhaps the low water pressure maybe need to improve the flushing. Otherwise we kept the glass door closed.

Location wise- quiet which is good. Balique across good. 24h minimart down the road. Jimbaran corner small shopping centre waking distance- we spent a afternoon chilling out at chocolate cafe. Lia cafe at beach overhyped but ok for the experience- we have high standards for seafood back home.
Can do day trips quite easily - shopping at kuta. Lovely day trip to unesco site jalituwih rice fields about 2 and half hour ride and interesting to see rural life along way. Also possible a day trip to ubud and surrounds. Hotel has a travel agency desk at back of one wing of kids club side -we paid 700000Rp per full day trip- did not mind paying bit more for peace of mind had a greatvenglish speaking driver and new clean car( no baby seat). Hotel car service will be understandably more.
finally....
IC has great motto which echoed how we felt- yes we felt very much at hone and will return!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank C_Lee57
Dear C_Lee57,

I'm glad to learn that you enjoyed your family holiday as well as our best service.

Our young guest is our utmost priority, therefore we prepare the fresh and healthy meals at our breakfast. I will share your compliment to Budi, I believe your feedback will serve as an encouragement for our team.

Jakarta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

Very nice hotel. Swimming pools are excellent with very nice pool for kids.
It was my 2nd stay at IC Bali and surprisingly experienced the same unpleasant experience from my 1st stay whereby the staff knocked at the door right after we checked in only to check our minibar (which in my understanding has to be done prior to guest check in).
Other than that, overall experience is good.

1 Thank adiadi762002
Dear adiadi762002,

Thank you for your taking your time to share your experience pertaining to your recent stay at our resort. I'm glad to learn that you enjoyed your holiday with us.

I​t is unfortunate to learn that you experience a little shortfall during your arrival.​ ​It is always a pleasure to receive a positive feedback. My team and I are continuously enhancing our service and facilities, therefore your feedback is very important for our improvement.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

It was our 2nd time at the Intercon and our kids were 7 & 4 - perfect age for swimming in the large range of pools.
The area is beautiful and well maintained.
Food and drinks were expensive but this no huge shock - there are plenty of cheaper options just down the road.

The rooms were more than acceptable and the staff would bend over backwards to help.

1 Thank TobyP17
Michel_KJ_Chertouh, General Manager at INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear TobyP17,

Thank you for sharing your experience pertaining to your recent stay at our resort. I'm glad to learn that you enjoyed your family holiday.

Malang, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

I went there on a business trip, i had a meeting in this hotel. Apparently when i got there, the EO (PT darya) already arranged my check in process. So the front officer (with not so much smile and greeting) gave me the key and explained about the hotel. I only carried a small luggage. But surprisingly, they were not accompany me to the room, they just gave direction and i carried my one luggage to my room myself. Im not so sure if this was a standard procedure for a new guest. Having stayed in 4-5stars hotels before, surely this is my first time to carry my luggage to my room (and try to find it, is also another challenge). The hotel is great. The room (singaraja) is spacious. The pool is excellent. Not a big fan of the taste of breakfast n lunch buffet. My fave is the sunset bar by the beach that open till midnight. Definitely want to come back someday with my family

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Dear Rialoekito,

Thank you for taking your time to write your experience pertaining to your recent stay at our resort.
I'm glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay and I wish you had a fruitful business trip.

My team and I are continuously enhancing our service and facilities, therefore your feedback is very advantageous for our improvement.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

It is starting to get a bit out of hand with the cost of rooms but they do it well.
Always high class & a great place if you just want to stay in hotel & not get out to see Bali. Club rooms are especially good & the benifits are worth the extra.

Room Tip: slip next door for a cheap fresh seafood meal & bring it back to your room
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Michel_KJ_Chertouh, General Manager at INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear Kingbrian1,

Thank you for sharing your experience pertaining to your recent stay at our resort. I'm glad to learn that you enjoyed your holiday as well as our Club room and facilities.

Kolkata (Calcutta), India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

1) Very very hassling check-in experience. We arrived at 3 pm and everybody was clueless on the room we had booked. We had booked Singaraja due to its King size bed in particular but the hotel said it was unavailable. An executive tried to get us into a non-singaraja twin bed room, which we vehemently denied. After an hour they managed to get something ready for a check in by 4 pm.
2) Compared to the other hotels we've stayed in Bali & Lombok the regular Balinese hospitality towards out son & us was found a little lacking.
3) We're vegetarian and the food quality on the items ordered (pasta, Gado Gado etc.) for the same was very poor in Jimbaran Gardens when we arrived after a tiring boat journey
4) Room service for the kids menu made up a little bit
5) Lack of any water life tube support (in the swimming pools) for my son was disappointing. We have many such at home and expecting us to buy for a few days was unreasonable.
6) I'm not even mentioning quality of housekeeping which we endured before they got it right the 2nd time

Highlight was the dinner we had on the beach. :D

Room Tip: The additional balcony in the Singaraja room is worth the additional expenditure per night
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Peggy-Lavi
Dear Mr. Peggy,

Thank you for ​your detailed feedback pertaining to your recent stay at our resort. I​t is unfortunate to learn that we could not live up to your expectations on certain aspects .​ ​

​Providing a safe and secure surrounding our young guest is our utmost priority​​.​ We therefore ensure that all life saving equipment is provided as per the international standards. ​

Our team are continuously enhancing the service and facilities therefore your feedback is important. Please rest assured that we will take necessary action​s​ to prevent ​any such ​future occurrence.

Thank you again for sharing your thoughts and ​we look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to Bali.

The Management