“W O W !!! What an experience!!!”

INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort
Ranked #5 of 57 Hotels in Jimbaran
Reviewed April 20, 2014

We have recently returned from 12 days of pure indulgence! We literally travel the world extensively, and we can attest that this Intercontinental Bali Resort is pure heaven.

Located along a lengthy white sandy beach on the warm Indian Ocean with acres of lush green grass, swimming pools, palm trees, fountains a staff that just won’t quit - we have now booked our room for next winter (2015).

Bali, just south of the equator, had fantastic weather every day. Laying on the lounges along the beach front enjoying the sun, scenery, swimming and the attentive staff occasionally delivering refreshing ice cold face cloths along with tropical drinks - makes this resort a masterpiece of facility, hospitality and incredible service!!!

As members of the IHG (Intercontinental Hotel Group) we stayed on the Club Floor and enjoyed our own swimming pool and poolside bar reserved for Club members.

We also had access to the Club Lounge where incredible food and drinks were served daily by the friendliest, most hospitable and expertly trained staff we’ve ever encountered.

The staff – right from the moment we arrived were, without exception, exemplary and made our stay so memorable.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Michel_KJ_Chertouh, General Manager at INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Dear Mr. odwayne64,

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience pertaining your recent stay with us. I'm glad to learn that you enjoyed our club facilities and our great service.

Looking forward to welcoming you back on your next return next winter.

There are newer reviews for INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort

Reviewed April 19, 2014

We are a family of 4Ad n 2 Ch stay 2nights at 3 Singaraja rooms. Start from beginning to the end, service was excellent. No drama at all.

All our request for 2 interconnecting room and 1 room close by was granted. They even allocate 2 interconnecting room direct in front of Singaraja lounge and 1 other room next to the interconnecting room

However, Singaraja lounge is not comparable to club lounge. They have only couple of sofas and 2 kinds of biscuit and 1 juice. So the value of Singaraja more to the renovated room itself

Room is clean, well maintained. But it's quite old and need to renovate to look more modern.
Lobby also show its age. However the ground is very beautiful. Considering the size, they have a team of good gardeners to maintain all the grounds. They even have ducks which my children playing with.

Staff Service overall is good. But not all staff did greeting when meet. Some yes some not. I don't know why. It seems they need to refresh their customer care training.

Overall it's a pleasant stay but they need to renovate the hotel soon to maintain its 5* level

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank HeruJakarta
Michel_KJ_Chertouh, General Manager at INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2014

Dear HeruJakarta,

Thank you for taking your time tor write a review regarding your recent stay in our resort. I'm glad to learn that you enjoyed your holiday.

We are continuously enhancing our service and facilities therefore your feedback is advanatgeous for us.

Looking forward to welcoming you back on your next return to Bali

Reviewed April 19, 2014

This was our third stay at the Intercontinental, all of which were in the Club. It has been four years since we were last here, so we were staying in a duplex room that was being finished off last time we were here.

While Bali immigration remains horrible, even with a new airport, the pick up service was excellent and check in very quick and painless. We did find cleaning issues within a few minutes of moving in to the room - mainly cupboards which hadn't been opened and checked - but for the most part the cleanliness was acceptable. Getting this minor problem fixed was our only real service issue, and something we haven't seen change - reporting problems to Club reception doesn't seem to translate into a housekeeping fix, despite descriptions and even photographs! But the housekeeping manager zoomed straight in when contacted directly and problem gone in 10 minutes. So we'd advise that route if you have a minor room problem.

The Club were very apologetic and a free massage in the spa for the two of us - which was, frankly, amazing! - was more that adequate recompense.

We had been a little concerned about children in the club pool and I guess it still could be a problem and others do seem to have had an issue. Staff didn't really want to intervene, may have other tasks and lack confidence with confronting foreigners, so I would like to see an 'firm but tactful' manager keeping an eye on this. We did have a couple of instances of inflatables, but I'd have to say the worst behaviour was from adults diving in or drinking from glasses in the pool. We never really worked out why and how glasses were chosen - sometimes they were glass, other times plastic. With children (and child-like adults) about, we would like to see 100% plastic all the time to protect pool users, even if it isn't quite such a pleasant cocktail experience!

The huge positive change has been to allow Club users to spend their free cocktail time at the Sunset Bar, Club Pool or Club. This was superb - the Sunset Bar staff were lovely. We used to work our way from beach to inside, sampling all three. Breakfast, snacks, canapés and sweets (at the pool) were all excellent and service was always prompt. Lime Sodas in the Club are particularly good!

We ate from the snack menu a few times - not cheap, but very nice indeed. Splitting a Club Sandwich between two as a snack is more than adequate.

We took the morning bike ride around Jimbaran which was excellent fun and is recommended for getting a sense of how Jimbaran is laid out for any subsequent walks.

For the price, this is still a great experience and we will undoubtedly return at some point.

Room Tip: If you are over 6ft, avoid the duplex rooms - the rainwater shower head is just above that level as...

Dear Thompsons-Abroad,

Thank you for taking your time to write the review regarding your recent stay in our resort. We are glad to learn that you enjoyed your holiday.

We appreciate your concern pertaining the kids at the Club InterContinental Pool and you can be rest assured that our team will continue to reinforce the policies to maintain the tranquility at the Club Pool. As an alternate, we have provided appropriate and safe facilities for kids at our kids club and Balinese Bath Pool area.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back on your next return to Bali.

The Management

Reviewed April 17, 2014

Over the last couple of years this has been the fifth time visiting The Club at Intercontinental Bali. Though this being a pricey hotel for individual travellers, the secluded club pool, serenity of the sea view area and individual butler service at the club rooms and suites seemed worth putting out the money again.

While we were lucky to have a room overlooking the club room and the ocean Jimbaran Bay, unfortunately this tuned out to be a punishment. The club area has been taken over by families with screaming children, waking you up in the morning, keeping you awake in the evening and making the whole area uninhabtsble for any discerning traveller all day long.

While little signs posted at the tables around the club pool kindly ask families with the children to use designated facilities elsewhere, nobody cares and management does not implemented its own policies around the area at all. The atmosphere here is messy, screaming and desperate.

Just to prevent any moral tutoring: Nothing wrong with family holidays! Appreciated! But when a club pool is advertised as secluded silent tropical heaven, management may not allow a bunch of desperate families to change it into a screaming childrens playground hell.

Conclusion: Families with many young children are welcome here and I surely recommend the place a lot having stayed here in so many holidays. Individual tracellers and couples looking for some rest in their holidays: STAY AWAY!

For anyone planning a trip to the hotel, check if you really want to put down the extra money asked for the Club at Intercontinental. At least during the main season you will certainly not get the tropical experience you expect, so you can rather book the regular rooms at the hotel with any loss.

If we will ever come back our 6th time, certainly not during any holiday season in Europe or Australia.

Other than that, still a great hotel. But probably not for us!

Sad, lost a treasure ... :-)

Room Tip: Far away from the Club Pool during school holidays, unless you want to spend your holiday in a kinde...
2  Thank MichaelBucharest
Michel_KJ_Chertouh, General Manager at INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

Dear MichaelBucharest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our resort.. My team and I are continuously enhance our service and facilities therefore your feedback is very advantageous for us. We are aware of your concern and address it to our team.
Do try our Villa’s on your next visit, which also offers a private Pool, exclusively for your use.
We look forwards to welcoming you back to the resort on your next visit to Bali.
With best regards,

Reviewed April 17, 2014

I was staying before at intercontinental and I was always very happy. Good food, good service attentive personal, but this time I had the worst experience ever. As a result I will not visit intercontinental Bali hotel again. As a club customer I expected to retreat in the quite are of the club pool. Unfortunately, the area was transformed into some sort of kinder garden. Screaming children everywhere, jumping, splashing everywhere, nobody cares. The most funny thing is that they also have a sign, that recommends this area as a tranquility zone, where guests come to rest and relax and the families with children should use the main pool area. Too bad, I always had a good history with this hotel, but not anymore. No reason for me, my friends and acquaintances to come here anymore.

5  Thank Alexandru N

Dear Alexandru N,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our resort. My team and I are continuously enhance our service and facilities therefore your feedback is advatageous for us. We are aware for your concern and address it to our team.
With best regards,

Reviewed April 16, 2014

I am currently a guest and I'm here to celebrate my birthday.

I'm surprised about how the upkeep isn't as unkept as I thought that it would be. The lounge for guest is somewhat of a joke with only tea, coffee, water, and a piece of fruit as snack. If it's a lounge, I would expect more options for snacks, which I have experienced at other similar hotels. I also left my room for 3 hours this morning and hung my "clean room" sign. As I returned, the room was not cleaned, thus we had no clean towels to shower after the beach.

1) The balcony chairs are very dirty and I wanted to sit outside and read, but cannot.

2) The bed is also too soft, thinking that this hotel hasn't has renovations for the infrastructure. It looks good on the outside, but once in it, things at change a bit.

3) the floor of the bedroom is dirty. I walked barefooted as I came my first day and my feet were dark.

4) pest control is needed ~ I killed 5 Mosquitos my first night.

5) Dead bug carcass stains are around the room.

6) The sink has a leaky faucet.

7) by the pool area, no one cleans up after another guest is done. We noticed dirty towels and garbage is all around. We've had to clean our own benches and get our own towels (which should be included since the place to get the towels is quite far if you're not in that area).

By paying about USD240/night, I expect better quality.

Overall, the service is here, just the upkeep of the hotel isn't.

Room Tip: The name of hotel doesn't matter, but read the reviews carefully.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank eddiec0419

Dear eddiec0419,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay in our resort. My team and I are continuously enance our service and facilities therefore your feedback is very advantageous for us.

Looking forward to welcoming you back on your next return to Bali.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Where should i begin with reviewing possibly the most peaceful and romantic place on the entire planet? My husband and i stayed here for 2 weeks to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. Let me mention that i have been to many places and am a frequent traveler and i have never stayed anywhere that even compares to this resort. Upon arrival the staff makes everyone known of your grand arrival by using a gong and then immediately serving you a cold refreshment. My husband and i actually never received our luggage from our long 2 day trip and the staff went above and beyond taking measures to track down the luggage to ensure it arrived as quickly as possible. The 2 concierges that we spoke with Agus & Ria were most helpful in accommodating our needs and bookings for events outside the resort. Every morning when i woke up i looked forward to walking past their desk just to greet them due to their contagious joy. They genuinely enjoy their job and make you feel welcome with ease.

The resort grounds were maintained every day. Such splendor! The staff had the utmost respect for us. If they were landscaping etc and saw us walking by, they immediately stopped what they were doing, greeted us, waited until we walked by before continuing their job. The breakfast had such great variety. I thoroughly enjoyed it.They had someone making fresh juice every morning. The sunset view from this hotel is postcard perfect. It is something you would have to see to believe. The beach in front of the hotel was very clean and the staff are continually cleaning it to make sure no trash is along the sand.

The only small complaint i did have with service here was at the spa. I purchased the Ultimate Escape package which included a Balinese massage, reflexology massage, soak in flower bath, and full body scrub. The scrub and bath were amazing. Unfortunately, the reflexology and Balinese massage were probably the most painful things I've ever experienced in my entire life. My masseuse punched my back. She also pressed down as hard as she could on the pressure points on my feet, which i am an Esthetician so i am fully trained on pressure points and they are meant to be lightly rubbed considering they are a very sensitive and delicate part of the body. I was unable to walk on my feet for the next 2 days due to being in excruciating pain. The next day i had bruises everywhere on my back. It was quite a horrific experience.

On a side note, i thoroughly enjoyed the salon. I had a french manicure done by Lisa. She was absolutely amazing and i highly recommend requesting her if you ever go. Overall, my experience was most definitely a 5 star experience and i will be using this resort when i come back and highly recommend it to everyone know.

Room Tip: Rooms near the pool may be loud at night, but have the best view.

Dear Naiomi85,

Thank you for taking your time to write your experience pertaining your recent stay in our resort. I'm glad to learn that you enjoyed your holiday with us.
My team and I are contibuously enhance our service and facilities therefore your feedback is very advantageous for us.
Looking forward to welcoming you back on your next return to Bali.

Michel Chertouh

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jimbaran
RIMBA Jimbaran BALI by AYANA
#20 of 147 in Seminyak
AYANA Resort and Spa
AYANA Resort and Spa
#13 of 57 in Jimbaran

Been to INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort? Share your experiences!