“Bali Magic”

Ranked #8 of 55 Hotels in Jimbaran
Kuala Lumpur, Msia
“Bali Magic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

Loved, loved the Intercontinental! The entrance itself was very impressive with its 5 giant statues and fountain. Once inside, oh my, I was so excited to walk and explore this hotel. The musicians played some nice Balinese music at the lobby area. The grounds were lush and expansive, and apart from the main pool there were 2 different pools to give a different experience! The water in the pool was deliciously warm. The pool bar was attended by a friendly person who made me a nice Malibu. A bit further was the Sunset bar which offered such a lovely experience sitting on the individual square sofas/pavilion, watching the ocean, sipping on my Bali Hai and snacking on Gina! Bedroom was quite nice, although the wooden sliding door was busted, the aircond level box was not working working properly, the pillows were too soft and you could hear when the next room flushed its toilet. But I overlooked all of this as I hardly spent time in the room! The hotel is pretty at night, and sitting by the ocean listening to the waves was relaxing. Breakfast at Jimbaran Gardens was alright. It is pretty enough, but I feel the range or variety could be expanded on. I had the Bakso and carrot juice and it was nice :) I was happy this was the hotel I chose on my final night in Bali, I left very happy and contented!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Travelator72
Michel_KJ_Chertouh, General Manager at INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Dear Travelater72,

Thank you for taking your time to write your experience pertaining your recent stay in our resort. I'm glad to learn that your enjoy your holiday and that you feel you received our great service.

Warm Regards,
Michel Chertouh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (604)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Darwin, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

By far the best resort I have ever stayed at. Will definately return again. Service is excellent, food is awesome, rooms are great, can not fault a thing. Would also recommend the intimate dinner for 2

• Stayed March 2014
Michel_KJ_Chertouh, General Manager at INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear RNHM,

Thank you for sharing your experience during your recent stay in our resort. I'm glad to learn that you enjoyed your holiday with us.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

Thank you to the wonderful staff and the beautiful property for a relaxing 26 hours of my life. If only I could have stayed longer! The room was pleasant with dark wood floors flowing from room to room with entry into a large living and sleeping area. The closet was funky fun cool walk through into the bathroom which was spacious and left the toilet area separated by a door. My room had a beautiful view of the pond and hearing the sounds of the birds and wildlife was nice too. My bed was comfortable as well. The property is beautiful! From beautiful pool side huts and bars to absolute stunning beach side chairs and scenery, I'd recommend this hotel to anyone! It may not be as "updated" with colors and technologies as a new hotel, but it leaves a feeling of the natural island for people to enjoy. If I wanted a big city, up to date hotel, I'd go to a big city. I like the feel of Bali that this hotel offers.

Downfall for me:

1.) I can overlook this, but this hotel is so full of natural wildlife, I caught a baby gecko (lizard) in my room which might scare those who don't like moving things, but I actually kissed it on his head and released him back into the wilderness :)

2.) cost to get to Bali. The hotel cost was extremely acceptable, but had this not been a business trip, I am not sure I would ever make it there. 32 hours of travel for me is a bit long. This isn't anything against the hotel...it was great!

P.S. get the pool side breakfast....YUM!

Room Tip: If my room would have overlooked the beach, it would have been UTOPIA!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Hbaf214,

Thank you for taking your time to write your experience pertaining your recent stay in our resort. I'm glad to learn that you enjoy your stay with us. It is very interesting to read your review and your feedback will be advantageous for us.

Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

I went to Intercontinental Bali as a start for my honeymoon. We booked a Singaraja room where we stayed 7 nights. The hotel is huge and I liked its architecture which is built on the Balinese style. It has a good clean beach and a fantastic swimming pool.

Things I liked are : polite friendly helpful staff - cleanliness of the hotel - so many things to do as the hotel is huge ( spa - gym - many places to sit and relax around the hotel ) - free wifi everywhere in the hotel

Things I didn't like : 1) poor breakfast 2) no real added value of being in Singaraja room because the lounge is only serving tea and 1 type of fruit and 1 bad taste cracker, so when you go either book standard room or Club room 3) we had to take a taxi every night to go to any place as the hotel is far away from city centre (Kuta) 4) very expensive food / beverages menu

Overall, the hotel is very good. I would recommend it however I wouldn't go there again as everything there is expensive regardless of the room rate.

Room Tip: Don't choose Singaraja room - no real added value as the lounge is serving extremely few items.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Khalifa85
Michel_KJ_Chertouh, General Manager at INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear Khalifa85,

Thank you for sharing your experience during your recent stay at our resort. I'm glad to learn that you enjoy your honeymoon.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at this beautiful resort for 6 days, at the Club room level, in mid February. We have previously been here and we were not disappointed at the level of service provided to us, it was better then we remembered.
From your check in, in a separate area in the Club lounge, everything ran smoothly.
Our room was beautiful and very spacious, close to the beach and in a very quiet part of the Resort, which we love.
Breakfast can be served in many different venue's, we ate most of the time in the Club lounge, but you can have your breakfast either by the Club pool or in the larger restaurant that serves breakfast to the whole Resort. The choices at breakfast are numerous from traditional eggs to many Asian dishes.
Part of the Club room benefits are that you have high tea at 2.30pm, in the Club lounge, where you are served with mini rolls or sandwiches and lovely cakes, very nice.
From 4.30pm it is canapés time where you can either have complimentary wine, beer and certain spirits and also some finger foods.
You can also have your drinks served at the Sunset Beach bar, it is a great way to sit and watch the sunset while your feet are in the sand, magical.
Outside the Resort you do have some shops, eg mini mart, massages and a few clothes shop.There are also many restaurants in the area but we only ate at the Resort.
I have also on two occasions used their Spa, for a body wrap, body scrub and a facial, reasonably priced for a 5★ Resort.
All the staff were fantastic but would like to mention a few that were exceptional, Dewi, Club Manager, thank you for making our stay amazing.
Bagus Wirayana and his great staff in the Club lounge, great sevice without being intrusive.
And a speacial mention to Laksana, the Butler, who ensured that we had everything that we needed in our room.
The GM of this wonderful Resort should be very proud of his amazing staff, well done everyone.

Intercontinental is situated in Jimbaran Bay which is a lot quieter then Kuta or Legian, the beach is lovely and most morning's after breakfast we went for a nice walk.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank suekunda
Michel_KJ_Chertouh, General Manager at INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear Suekunda,

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience pertaining your recent stay in our resort. I'm glad to learn that you and your husband enjoyed your stay in our club room and that you feel you received our great service.

I will convey your compliments to Ms. Dewi Cakra, Mr. Bagus Wirayana, Mr. Laksana, and the rest of the team.

London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

There are a lot of positives about the hotel. The location by the beach is fantastic with nice big waves. The grounds are massive but so well maintained with lovely pools. It is all very pretty with gorgeous gardens and typical Balinese statues. We decided to pay extra for the club and it was expensive but a nice treat. Massages are too expensive so we went across the road. There are a lot of staff trying to help and they are smiling and charming but a bit too subservient for my liking. After all I can still open a door myself but I understand that some clients would expect this from a 5 star hotel in Asia.
The big minus is the japanese ko restaurant where I got food poisoning and am still suffering from it in a bad way 3 days later. I wasn't sure about the food and the light was so dimmed that I couldn't see it properly.
Nevertheless the hotel is magnificent.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jmt12london
Dear jmt12london,

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience pertaining your recent stay in our resort. Glad to learn that you enjoyed the gardens and architecture of the resort.

Safety and hygiene is of upmost importance to us and we would therefore request you to send us more details on bali@ihg.com so that we can investigate in further details.

We look forward to welcoming you again.

The Management Team
New Delhi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Intercontinental at Jimabaran in Bali for two nights (March 8 to 10, 2014) in a Club Room. From the time we entered the hotel, our experience was absolutely perfect. Extremely friendly and courteous staff meet you and are always around to help. The check in was smooth and the club lounge was excellent. The room was super as well - it had all the amenities that one would expect in such a hotel, including views of the sea from the balcony. The club room also gives you access to a special swimming pool, the club lounge and to various free drinks and canapes through the day. The butler service was great - a special thanks to Wawan - who took special care of us. The resort is well maintained, beautiful, with lots of open space, many swimming pools and a great beach front. One doesn't relaly feel like leaving it to go anywhere else. Our compliments to the management for running a tight show. We will certianly be back!

Room Tip: Choose the Club Room
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Michel_KJ_Chertouh, General Manager at INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear BBNEWDELHI,

Thank you for taking your time to write your experience pertaining your recent stay in our resort. I'm glad to learn that you and your wife enjoyed your stay in our club room and that you feel you received a great service from us.

I'm looking forward to welcoming you back on your next return to Bali.

Michel Chertouh
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jimbaran
Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,405 reviews
Jamahal Private Resort & SPA
Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay
The Westin Resort Nusa Dua

Been to INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort? Share your experiences!