“Lovely!!”

INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort
Ranked #5 of 62 Hotels in Jimbaran
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Was there for a short weekend get-away.

The first impression: the resort is HUGE!

Staff were generally friendly and courteous.

Food was on par with the standard of the resort.

Room (we stayed in the Singaraja rooms) was clean, spacious and well equipped.

The pools were not exactly toddler-friendly, though. The only available wadding pool was accessible only via a water-feature staircase. (the other wadding pool was closed for repairs).

Perhaps this resort is not targeted for families with toddlers...

Will definitely revisit this resort when our children have grown big enough to fully enjoy all the facilities.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Michel_KJ_Chertouh, General Manager at INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Dear Kwanmh33,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I'm glad to learn that you ebjoy your family holiday at our resort.

Please try our club room on your next visit. As our Club guest, you have the utmost privilege to enjoy our finest service and facilities. To serve our young guest, we have the main pool and the Balinese bath pool which has a lot of activities that they can join every day. They can also go to our Planet Trekker, a full equipped kids club including the kids’ pool. I assure you they will have a fun time supervised by our professional nannies while you can enjoy the tranquility at our Club Pool.

Looking forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to our resort.

Michel Chertouh

Write a ReviewReviews (4,142)

Reviewed February 9, 2014

im staying for two night. Arrive early at 10am, the receptionist upgrade my booking from classic room to a singaraja room, a nice unexpected surprise. And i got early check in too, my room is ready at 11.30am.

however, its an old resort, could really need a facelift, the room feels old in design, but still comfortable and spacious.
Some positive point : Resort is big and beautifully landscaped. Love the main pool. Staff were great, always smile and helpful. Breakfast was good in taste and variety, the menu is changing on daily basis. And the balcony is a great place to relax and get lazy

The downside of my room was the bathroom. The shower head really need to be changed, the water flow is not good. The jetwasher on the toilet is leaking and keep dripping water so we have to turn it off after every usage. One night i forgot to turn it off and it leak until all the bathroom wet and i almost slip and fall on the bathroom on the morning.
And in our first night, the bed linen feels itchy, and not comfortable. The next day I put the paper sign to change the sheets, and after being changed, the problem is gone. I think housekeeping need to double check on changing sheets.

Overall its still a well known good resort in jimbaran, stragegicly located and easy to access, i go and wandering to kuta and seminyak, and easily go back to the resort, every taxi driver know this resort

Room Tip: my room is on the right wing of the resort, with a nice view of a big fish pond and beautifully land...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Marwan1985,

Thank you for your feedback pertaining your recent stay at our resort. I'm glad to learn that you enjoy our breakfast and stay with us.

I appreciate your concern regarding our property, we are continuously upgrading our rooms and facilities. We look forward to welcoming you on your return to Bali.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

We stayed in a club room. It was certainly worth paying the extra to access the lounge (peace and quiet with a pianist during afternoon tea and cocktails time). The club pool was lovely, very peaceful for the most part. Occasionally there were kids in it - the hotel encourages parents with children to use the main pool as there is more to do and doesn't disturb the guests who have come for peace and quiet and to get away from kids :).
The staff were fantastic. Very attentive and accommodating. The spa treatments were lovely, we all had massages at one point or another. We hired the tennis courts for an hour which was fun and made a lot of use of the gym which had decent equipment. The beach has pretty strong waves and occasionally rubbish (bits of plastic wrappings) and logs are in the water - only noticed this on 1 day out of 5 that I went in the sea.
I would certainly stay here again - I recommend it to anyone wanting to get away from it all and the attention to detail is superb.

Room Tip: Our friends stayed in a duplex which was a great room as had the bedroom upstairs.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank KTJMelbourne

Dear KTJMelbourne,

Thank you for sharing your experience during your recent stay with us. I'm glad to learn that you enjoy your holiday at our club.
We have join effort with local community to clean our Jimbaran Bay regularly.
I look forward to welcoming you back on your return to Bali.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

Outdated 5* hotel, too many loud Chinese and drunk Russians (I'm Russian, so I know what I'm saying). Fine dining, fine service, but hotel hotel is too big, doesn't have personal touch and gives you no feel that you are actually being taken care. When I was there beach was covered with logs and garbage. Needed to drive to other beach to get into the sea. For intercontinental resort this is very poor.

Room Tip: Singaradja duplex is great!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Michel_KJ_Chertouh, General Manager at INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Dear FedyaInMoscow,

Thank you for sharing your feedback during your recent stay in Bali.

Due to the bad weather and strong wind lately, our lovely Jimbaran Bay and other beaches in South of Kuta facing the same problem. But we have join effort with local community to clean our Jimbaran Bay regularly.

My team and I continuously enhance our service and facilities for the ultimate pleasure of our guest. We look forwards to welcoming you back to the resort on your next visit to Bali.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

My family and I spent Christmas week in Bali and really enjoyed ourselves at the Intercontinental. Our first impression was being greeted by two (who i assume are managers), we were each given cool towels, drinks and beautiful flower lei's (even one for our one year old daughter). Check it was quick, smooth and we were quickly directed to our room. Room was exceptional! Spacious, clean and with a beautiful balcony. We did have issues with the toilet upon arrival, however they quickly sent someone up to fix the issue. Then later, they sent up a bowl of fruit (to add to the bowl that was in the room upon arrival) as an apology for our inconvenience. great service.

On the second day we toured around Bali with a driver and upon return we found a nice cake for my wife's birthday. It was raining all day and we were pleased to see that everywhere we went hotel employees were either following us trying to cover us with umbrellas or handing them to us.

The hotel also had a great Christmas celebration with Santa and a choir singing Christmas carols on Christmas eve (open bar and appetizers). Christmas eve we went to the Sushi restaurant, it was okay, wouldn't go back for the food. They did however have Johnny Blue listed for $15 a shot, obviously a typo. When i questioned this they said it was their mistake and they would honor the price listed. For Christmas we had dinner at the Italian restaurant, which was very good. We even got another birthday cake for my wife. The sun came out after a few days and we had a great time relaxing by the pool. I recommend the Pizza!

Our only issues were slightly expensive prices for drinks and breakfast, nothing too outrageous for Western hotels, and still cheaper than hotel breakfast in Australia, and one bad experience at the hotel bar for dinner, terrible service and food. We had to ask for menus after 10 minutes, no silverware once the food arrived and then couldn't get the bill to leave fast enough. Even with a crying baby they ignored us. My wife left the restaurant with the baby so we didn't disrupt everyone else and I sat there waiting for the bill.

Hotel location was great, right on the water with a beautiful CLEAN beach. There was a great looking area for the kids, only limited amount of random vendors running around asking for your money and great views of the beach from the lounge chairs up on the grass, for those that want to sit close to the bar and still look at the ocean.

Overall it was a great stay, great hotel and great service!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Michel_KJ_Chertouh, General Manager at INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Dear Wazzu2007,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our resort. I'm glad to learn that you and your family enjoy your Christmas holiday. I wish your wife a happy belated birthday.

We look forward to welcoming you on your return to Bali.

Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

First impressions on arriving at the intercon was "wow" the grounds were clean and neat. Gardens looked fantastic. It's only when you look at the finer details you can see that the intercon really needs a facelift, It looked old and run down in places.

We booked a club room for 5 nights and let me say the benefits you get is worth the money you pay if you take advantage of it but the room we got looked so run down I was upset at the amount I paid for this room.

Club pool needs to ban kids being in there.

Staff are second to none, Edi was fantastic, the guys that work at the club pool bar were the best for us and were tiped accordingly. From the time you step out of your room someone greets you with a "good morning" "good afternoon" until you return back to your room.

Try out the cocktail Bali Hi, now I'm a beer drinker but when I tasted this I was like "no more beer this is my bali Hi" try it.

Overall we would stay here again.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Sonny M,

Thank you for the feedback pertaining to your recent stay at our resort.
Gad to learn that you enjoyed your stay and the Butler Service at our Resort.
Bali Hi is indeed one of our signatures cocktail and the Sunset Beach Bar & Grill at InterContinental Bali is the most recommended venue to enjoy the same.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Bali.

With best regards,

Reviewed February 5, 2014

After a nice stay ni Ubud, my daughter and I struggled to get our room at 3pm. Waiting for the room to be ready, we had lunch at the beach restaurant. In the evening my daughter had a food intox, she was so bad we had to cancel our trip to Flores the next day and had to stay another night. Instead of offering the room as an excuse, we have been proposed a room at full rate. We got a better rate after 2 hrs discussion. To conclude i lost here 1 day of vacation because of a food problem and never could get any kind of excuse or support or recognition of this problem.
Christian Marin - France

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Christian M
Michel_KJ_Chertouh, General Manager at INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Dear Christian,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. Safety and hygiene is our utmost priority and we ensure that both are well taken care of. For any further details, please contact us directly at bali@ihg.com for any queries pertaining to the same.

Management Team

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jimbaran
RIMBA Jimbaran BALI by AYANA
2 mi away
AYANA Resort and Spa
AYANA Resort and Spa
#11 of 62 in Jimbaran

Been to INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort? Share your experiences!