The InterContinental Bali gets guests to feel and experience some aspect of "Bali" culture the moment you step in to the hotel. This is because of the large traditionally inspired lobby (albeit not air-conditioned), but mainly because of the stone carvings and statues surrounding the bridge and swimming pool areas which look fantastic at night.
The room and furniture though, are rather dated in general The air conditioning in our room for example, was not enough to remove the tropical heat from the room at night. Good thing they also had a ceiling fan in-room that helped cool things down. They did provide modern amenities in the room like a flat-screen TV among other things.
For a big hotel and supposedly one of the best in the areas, I therefore felt that the hotel best played up their architecture and design, and not so much the actual room quality themselves.
Aside from that though, their service was quite good in general. Breakfast spread was quite decent and it is overall not a bad choice for a hotel in Bali.
p.s. Personally I am not a fan of open-air non-airconditioned hotel lobbies and room corridors so I did not enjoy that aspect of the hotel...but I believe many guests actually enjoy the warm tropical air.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blessed by an endless stretch of white sand beach overlooking the tranquil waters of Jimbaran Bay, InterContinental Bali Resort features 417 guest rooms in three unique levels of accommodation. The property embraces a 14 hectare tropical landscape that is a blend of indigenous flora, gentle waterways and stone statues reflecting the island’s artistic heritage. There are six swimming pools, Planet Trekkers children’s resort, a fitness centre and plenty of recreational activities to keep guests occupied throughout the day. Spa Uluwatu is a dedicated healing and beauty facility for individual sessions, while the exclusive Villa Retreats promises indulging spa packages for couples. A superb choice of restaurant venues makes every dining experience an adventure in culinary excellence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Bali Hotel Jimbaran
- Intercontinental Hotel Bali
- Intercontinental Hotel Jimbaran
- Bali Intercontinental
- INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort Jimbaran