My husband and I just enjoyed 5 days here with my brother and his wife. Fantastic escape and a great spot to meet up with friends or family.
What a gorgeous resort. Intercontinental are always good, but this one is really lovely. The grounds are beautifully landscaped and meticulously maintained. Fronts directly onto a great stretch of beach which the team work hard to keep looking nice all day. The ocean is very swimmable here, although at times the outgoing current gets strong. My husband did a lot of body surfing and we saw lots of kids enjoying the smaller waves.
We spent our days on banana lounges enjoying the strong breeze off the ocean which helps keep the temperature down. There are lots of banana lounges to choose from along the full stretch of beach front - some areas are naturally busier or noisier than others.
The resort has multiple restaurants to choose from. We really enjoyed the 5 course Italian dinner which was served at a really lovely relaxed pace over 3 hours. We also enjoyed lying on a day bed at the beach bar guzzling G&T while watching the sunset and eating some really great nibblies (such as vietnamese spring rolls). The breakfast buffet is fantastic, the omelettes are really good, and the price isn't as bad as other resorts.
Alcohol is expensive (but that's Indonesia for you) and we were disappointed that a G&T cost the same as a complicated cocktail ($12). But the service was excellent and always friendly.
The spa is extraordinary and a "must-do" while you're here, one of the best we've experienced. Gorgeous fitout, relaxed atmosphere, extremely professional, high end products, and excellent services. I enjoyed a long massage and 60 min facial. Hubby enjoyed a 90 min massage and was so relaxed I nearly had to carry him back !!
The rooms are good, nice and quiet for a great night sleep. We chose a two storey room so we'd have a full size lounge room in case it rained (which it didn't).
We'll definitely be back to this resort despite a couple of negatives.
We preferred to sit and relax in a quieter area, but were overwhelmed with smoke from a neighbouring restaurant anytime the breeze died down.
We also liked the idea of a swim up bar in one of the pools - unfortunately the experience was always a major let down. Being repeatedly kicked by children is no fun, nor is it fun having your $12 drink get watered down with pool water from kids splashing. We even had one kid try to push us off our stools so he could order a milkshake. This resort is large enough that there really should be some child-free zones, and I would have thought an in-pool bar would be one of them.
Long story short, great resort with just a few areas for improvement.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blessed by an endless stretch of white sand beach overlooking the tranquil waters of Jimbaran Bay, InterContinental Bali Resort features 417 guest rooms in three unique levels of accommodation. The property embraces a 14 hectare tropical landscape that is a blend of indigenous flora, gentle waterways and stone statues reflecting the island’s artistic heritage. There are six swimming pools, Planet Trekkers children’s resort, a fitness centre and plenty of recreational activities to keep guests occupied throughout the day. Spa Uluwatu is a dedicated healing and beauty facility for individual sessions, while the exclusive Villa Retreats promises indulging spa packages for couples. A superb choice of restaurant venues makes every dining experience an adventure in culinary excellence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Cancelon, Expedia, IHG, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Bali Hotel Jimbaran
- Intercontinental Hotel Bali
- Intercontinental Hotel Jimbaran
- Bali Intercontinental
- INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort Jimbaran