We are a family of 4 that wanted a vacation that catered to both the children AND the parents. We found exactly what we wanted at the Intercontinental Bali Resort.
The kids' club is truly a place where parents can take their children for a few hours and have the kids enjoy crafts, fishing, kid's yoga, or many other activities. My husband and I were amazed that day after day our children were pleased to put in an appearance at the kids club and have a few hours of alone time. We spoke with another couple that employed the private nanny service but it wasn't something we took advantage of.
Our loft room was very clean, appropriately comfortable, and had its own cappuccino machine (score)! We had 2 bathrooms with plenty of space for a family of 4. The master bathroom was extremely large and provided fantastic amenities. Although our room did not overlook the water, we had a beautiful view of the grounds and enjoyed our location. Many people have commented that they never saw or called their room butler but we'd like to offer that we did utilize the service and found it a great perk.
The many POOLS... the resort has fantastic pools and we found our children never wanted to leave. If I am counting correctly, there were 6 pools in total and plenty of places to rest in either the sun or shade.
I can honestly say we took advantage of every resort amenity and loved it. Breakfast is phenomenal and provides cuisine from several cultures. We rented a resort car to visit the Uluwatu Temple. Our driver kindly walked us through the tour and provided as much information as he could, despite tour guide not being in his job description. We enjoyed afternoon tea in the club.
When looking for constructive criticisms on this vacation, we can only think of 2. During our visit to the temple we felt a bit rushed. Keep in mind we never commented on this or asked for more time to sight see. Our last thought was that we found lunch at the Beach Tiki Bar to be expensive. The menu was the same menu as all other locations of the resort and we were hoping for something a bit more casual.
You cannot go wrong booking a family getaway at this resort. If we return to Bali, we'd stay here again in a heartbeat. This was our first stay at an Intercontinental Resort and we loved it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on 14 hectares of tropical landscape, showcasing a blend of indigenous flora, waterways and statues reflecting the island's heritage, InterContinental Bali Resort is blessed by an endless stretch of white sand beach overlooking Jimbaran Bay. There are six swimming pools, Planet Trekkers for the children, a fitness centre and plenty of recreational activities to keep guests occupied throughout the day. Award winning Spa Uluwatu provides healing and beauty treatments. Superb choice of restaurants including Japanese, Italian and Seafood make every dining experience an adventure in culinary excellence. Club InterContinental offers the height of luxury and exclusivity and has gained the reputation of offering the best Club experience in Bali. It is set in its own private wing and secluded enclave in exquisite gardens and swimming pull. Our Club guests stay in the resorts’ premier accommodation category with an exclusive array of privileges and entitlements. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Bali Hotel Jimbaran
- Intercontinental Hotel Bali
- Intercontinental Hotel Jimbaran
- Bali Intercontinental
- INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort Jimbaran