INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort
$230
RimbaJimbaran.com
Keraton Jimbaran Beach Resort(Jimbaran)(Great Value!)
$305
AyanaResort.com
$265
$257
Hotels.com
Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran(Jimbaran)(Great Value!)
$131
$257
Travelocity
  • Pool
4,205 results
All reviewsclub poolsunset barsingaraja roomjimbaran gardensbella cucinaplanet trekkersclub duplexambassador memberclub managerinspiration spacebukit suiteclub membersevening cocktailsclub levelduplex roomkids clubjapanese restaurant
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Maybe my expectations were too high as I had been reading reviews for the past few months and was so excited about our holiday!
Pick from the airport - wonderful, lovely Mercedes and great driver.
Check in very good and was impressed with the Club lounge check in process. So far so good!
Room, very nice if a little tired but hey the hotel is pretty old. What I didn't like though was the features in the room not being explained at all well. I struggled to find out how to turn off the bedside lights which had a hidden switch round the back. Didn't find that till day 2. Couldn't find where the milk for my coffee was located which I was irritated with. One shouldn't have to pull every bit of wood to see if it a drawer.
The fridge whilst well stocked I couldn't find out how to make it cold which meant I really didn't use it.
Butler service well not sure if we had one but there certainly was a lot of staff coming in and out of our room throughout the day, I didn't like that too much.
Had to ask a few times for bathroom amenities to be restocked when paying premium prices then this is not OK. Attention to detail is essential.
Cleaning of the room during our 6 night stay was good but the balcony wasn't cleaned but never mind. There should have been a check done by a supervisor at least once during our stay.

The Club - loved it most if the time there was only once that I felt they could have done better. On my first day at breakfast we just didn't get what we asked for off the menu. In fact both my husband and I asked for the Balinese breakfast which had quite a few components to it on the menu but we only got one thing - I felt jealous of the other diners who had the works! Maybe I should have complained but the next day and from then on I was more demanding.
Afternoon tea, lovely.
Cocktails - beautiful and the service was great.
Dinner - in the Club lounge - average and fairly expensive.
Lunch - by the pool - extremely expensive for average food.

The grounds - wow loved them and they are a credit to the gardening team who were beavering away all the time.

The Club pool - frustrated by the people who "nabbed" the best spots then didn't turn up - it is just not good enough and needs to be policed properly. Lots of kids in the pool so this is not a place for people who think this will be a child free zone .

Activities - well I did visit the serenity lounge as I saw it in passing. I think it would be a good idea if the hotel did an information sheet each day to let guests know about activities and and specials that were on offer. You don't learn by osmosis you need to capture your guests eyes and lure them into activities.

Newspapers - loved the app to download but only had a hard copy paper delivered twice I did expect that every day. Lucky I have an IPad!

Transport back to airport - on time and smooth - thank you to the Intercontinental .

Will I return ?
Will I pay extra for Club?
Definitely

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Palag
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We were suppose to stay three nights but upon arrival, we were met by the manager and assistant manager who told us that due to complication with another guest, we didn’t have a room for the first night. Arrangements were made to take us to their sister hotel. It wasn’t an issue for us so. The next day, they called (as promised) to make arrangements to take us back. Upon arriving we were again met by the assistant manager who was very nice to provide us with a range of complementary services for being inconvenienced. They called the room on the day of departure to make sure we met them to say goodbye.

What I like about this hotel is just the small things that they do to make you feel comfortable. I ordered lunch one day by the pool and it was during their peak time. As the sandwich was taking a bit longer, they brought me a scoop of ice cream. All the staff smile and greet and are genuine in wanting to help.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank gabchong
Reviewed July 3, 2013

An old building with character in a great setting, the Intercontinental is a gem. The whole process of booking and check in was swift and efficient. The room we were given was well appointed with a lovely view of the ocean. The room was very large and in need of renovation but very comfortable. The beds were perfect, the bathroom well planned and the balcony was a great place to enjoy my morning cuppa before the family woke up.The pool was nice, a bit noisy and sandy though. I do appreciate parents who take their children to the kiddy pools and refrain from yelling across the main pool, unfortunately there were no parents that chose the kid pool and insisted on tossing their kids around in the main pool much to the disgust of other residents.

The breakfast was good, not a lot of choice but adequate. The service was excellent. The staff attentive. A bit more training in English would be greatly beneficial.

The food and spa, as expected, are very expensive in the resort but we found some great options within a short distance from the hotel.

Would I come back to this hotel? YES!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the ocean.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2013

The Hotel is very beautiful. The gardens and pools are beautifully maintained and relaxing. The Club lounge is wonderful - beautiful décor, nice views to the gardens and lovely large displays of orchards. An Oasis. Our room was spacious and the beds very comfortable.

I think what really made the experience was the people. The staff are such nice gentle generous people.

The sunset bar in the evening is such a nice experience.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Though Intercontinental hotel in Bali is rather old, I think they have done a good job in maintaining it. The garden is clean; the swim pools are fabulous. The rooms are spacious and clean. The check in experienced was quite fast. Since we booked the club room, we got the club intercontinental facilities; it was quite an experience....24 hrs butler service, afternoon tea, etc.
Well done !!!!

Room Tip: Try getting the club rooms on the 1st floor so that it's on the same level to the club pool and close to the beach.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family