“paradise on earth”

Ranked #6 of 57 Hotels in Jimbaran
Izmir, Turkey
“paradise on earth”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Intercontinental Bali is the reason I will be back in Bali. Spa was great, I loved the variety of the massages. I really enjoyed the ocean, but the pools were wonderful, I don't know how they keep there pools so warm, but the water was warm and relaxing. Dining options were remarkable, even room service breakfast is free of charge. As a European I didn't have any difficulty with the dining options. I can strongly recommend this resort.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank turkuaztasdemir
Stephane D, Manager at INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear turkuaztasdemir,

Greetings from InterContinental Bali Resort!

Thank you for sharing some positive feedback regarding your recent stay. I am glad that your time with us was an enjoyable experience and that our facilities were to your satisfaction.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Resort on your next visit to the island of Bali.

Resort Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (642)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
San Jose, California
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We stayed in that resort twice last year after a trip to Sulawesi and Komodo. The resort is really large and clean and the big suites are LARGE, but also quite old. Service is great, too. The breakfast is sadly just OK for a resort like this. I've had better in Bali, but we will come back, because it is reasonably close to the airport for a last evening in Bali. For a full vacation I would go somewhere else, it's a too large resort for me.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Markus F,

Thank you very much for sharing your review. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay and dinning experience and we met your expectation, feedback like your will also keep the team motivated.

We really appreciate this gesture and feedback. We look forward to welcoming you again at InterContinental Bali Resort

Best Regards

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed March 23, 2013

The setting of the hotel, amongst the many trees, lush gardens, dining venues, beach-front makes the Inter Continental quite a place to visit and relax in. The rooms, we upgraded to The Club rooms, were a pure pleasure and fitted out in style. The pools were well used by the family and the ability to relax around the pool, walk down to the beach and even dine later on the beach, enjoying the wonderful seafood makes Bali such a great place to visit and a place that we have returned to as a family many times, be it for a short break or a long, the hotel is ideal to kick back and relax in. The added benefits with the Club just adds to the total experience and is well worth the extra few dollars.
For us it was a long weekend, but felt like we had gone on a journey far away. We managed to try most of the restaurants and all proved good and even made it to the gym.....to work off the excellent food! We said see you later as we departed...........

Room Tip: Book the Club rooms, excellent value!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank JohnTGN
Dear JohnTGN,

Thank you for sharing details about your recent stay. I am delighted to hear that you consider your time with us to be one of your best holiday experiences ever. It is pleasing to know that our Jimbaran Suite anticipated all of your relaxation needs. Should future travels bring you back to the island, we certainly look forward to welcoming you back to InterContinental Bali Resort

Nelson Bay, Australia
Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

Hands down, this is the best hotel I have had the pleasure of visiting. The staff were so friendly and helpful and made us feel very welcome during our stay. The hotel itself is like a palace and on arrival, a gong was sounded as I ascended the stairs to the lobby. I felt like royalty. The pools are like nothing else I have seen and are set amongst beautiful grounds that lead right up to the beach. Breakfast in the restaurant (one of several) offered everything you could possibly desire. This was only a short stay, but I will definitely be returning in the future.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Mark W,,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts based on your recent stay. It is obvious that you enjoyed you time with us and that the property in general more than anticipated all your holiday needs. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Resort on future visits to the island of Bali.

Newark, New Jersey
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We have been here since the 13th and can find nothing to complain about. We are in a Singaraja Room and it is perfect. Maybe in the busy season it would be a perk to book Club but there is plenty of room in the pools and plenty of chaises. We have enjoyed the meals. The food is very fresh and well prepared. The grounds are amazing. We had an excellent reflexology massage. We are planning to do the turtle release and hire a car and visit one of the temples. Beautiful island and beautiful beach. We are so chilled and relaxed. Another wonderful part of our stay has been the staff. Everyone from the groundskeepers and towel staff and housekeeping to servers, masseuses, concierges, and management have been so friendly and accommodating. My wife has been in the restaurant business for many years and can be very critical of the hospitality business but this resort has done an excellent job of making us feel at home. We don't leave till the 24th and are looking forward to each day we have left here.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank FrankMcG64
Stephane D, Manager at INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear ‘FrankMcG64’

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at InterContinental Bali Resort. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed our hospitality during your stay at our hotel.

I will share your feedback with all our team members, I am sure they are all will feel very appreciated.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you again at InterContinental Bali Resort on your next visit to Bali.

Perth WA
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

After staying in Seminyak in a private villa with 2 other families for a week, my family of 5 spent 3 nights at the Intercontinental Hotel in Jimbaran Bay. We were looking for a family beach holiday where we could access a kids club and had lots of kid friendly pools. The hotel was brilliant from the time we booked in (fast, friendly and efficient) till we checked out. I was initially concerned that the hotel was so enormous and possibly impersonal after our villa stay in Seminyak, but it was brilliant. I will mention that the hotel was at 30% capacity so there were lots of attentive staff and any request we made was responded to quickly and in a friendly manner.
We had a mezzanine room where we used the sofa couch for the kids. The sofa "couch" was extremely small and it was really a single sized mattress for the sofa so if you have kids over 8 years of age it will only suit one child. My kids 7 and 5 did "tops and tails" and we got a baby cot for our 2.5 year old. The master bedroom is upstairs in the loft area so while you have a separate space, it is still open to the down stairs section. Therefore watching a tv could be difficult when the kids go to bed. There is a great balcony so my husband and I ate out there and had a drink when the kids when to sleep so it was nice to have this area to use. The room was spacious for our family but if you had older kids you would need to get a different room. Space would become an issue. The bathroom was very large and was clean and lovely. The down stairs furniture was fine but is in need of a refurb.
The variety of pools was great. My kids loved playing in all of the pools and playing on the beach. My husband and oldest son hired surf boards a few times and had a great time but it was extremely expensive. The KC was fantastic ( we visited it once) and the kids asked to go but we ran out of time during the day to actually use it. I think if we were there for more than 3 nights we would have accessed it more. The staff here seemed friendly and there was a great shallow pool and cubby house within the KC.
The two restaurants serving breakfast was great. There was a variety of cereals, fresh juices, fruit, pastries, breads, condiments, eggs, baked beans, tomatoes, pancakes, waffles and the like. There was also a lots of these available and never ran out. There were other Asian dishes available but as I did not know these so I can't inform of what these were. Staff were friendly and efficient. We all enjoyed our meals here. Breakfast was included within our package. Other restaurants within the hotel seemed to have a large variety of items on the menu, however all items were way over priced. We ended up eating out (there are a variety of places at the Jimbaran corner shopping centre) a lot and even with a cab fare, it was a lot cheaper then eating in. Grocer and grind have a take away menu that they can deliver to the hotel so get this and order in. It will save you a heap of money. If your looking for a special occasion place to eat, go to Balique opposite the hotel.
We loved our experience at the Intercontinental and would come back again at the same time of the year. I don't know if our experience would be as good in peak season as the hotel is massive.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Alamaine
Dear Alamaine,

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

My husband, our 8-month old baby and I stayed here for two nights. The grounds are beautiful - expansive and meticulously maintained. But the rooms are showing their age; bathrooms are in need of a gut reno. Pillows smelled of mildew. Service ranged from fantastic (the priority club guest services staff who checked us in and helped us switch rooms upon us discovering a large number of wasps hovering around our balcony) to grumpy (bellhop) to unhelpful (concierge who had never heard of, and could not direct us to, a particular popular nearby restaurant that we had sourced). Vacationing with an infant meant that we had to spend more time in the room than we otherwise would have. That being the case, if we had to do it again, we would have stayed somewhere newer, such as Le Meridien.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank saywhatsreal
Dear saywhatsreal,

Thank you for taking the time to post about your recent stay. I regret to hear that you found our rooms and service is not up to your standard. Please be advised that your comment regarding the those two points has been duly noted and we will take this into consideration when we evaluate our standards. I do hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you again to the Resort on future travels to the island of Bali.

Resort Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jimbaran
Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran
AYANA Resort and Spa
#13 of 57 in Jimbaran
Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay
The Westin Resort Nusa Dua

Been to INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort? Share your experiences!