“We are so relaxed and content.”

INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort
Ranked #5 of 57 Hotels in Jimbaran
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We have been here since the 13th and can find nothing to complain about. We are in a Singaraja Room and it is perfect. Maybe in the busy season it would be a perk to book Club but there is plenty of room in the pools and plenty of chaises. We have enjoyed the meals. The food is very fresh and well prepared. The grounds are amazing. We had an excellent reflexology massage. We are planning to do the turtle release and hire a car and visit one of the temples. Beautiful island and beautiful beach. We are so chilled and relaxed. Another wonderful part of our stay has been the staff. Everyone from the groundskeepers and towel staff and housekeeping to servers, masseuses, concierges, and management have been so friendly and accommodating. My wife has been in the restaurant business for many years and can be very critical of the hospitality business but this resort has done an excellent job of making us feel at home. We don't leave till the 24th and are looking forward to each day we have left here.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank FrankMcG64
Stephane D, Manager at INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Dear ‘FrankMcG64’

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at InterContinental Bali Resort. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed our hospitality during your stay at our hotel.

I will share your feedback with all our team members, I am sure they are all will feel very appreciated.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you again at InterContinental Bali Resort on your next visit to Bali.

There are newer reviews for INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort

Reviewed March 18, 2013

After staying in Seminyak in a private villa with 2 other families for a week, my family of 5 spent 3 nights at the Intercontinental Hotel in Jimbaran Bay. We were looking for a family beach holiday where we could access a kids club and had lots of kid friendly pools. The hotel was brilliant from the time we booked in (fast, friendly and efficient) till we checked out. I was initially concerned that the hotel was so enormous and possibly impersonal after our villa stay in Seminyak, but it was brilliant. I will mention that the hotel was at 30% capacity so there were lots of attentive staff and any request we made was responded to quickly and in a friendly manner.
We had a mezzanine room where we used the sofa couch for the kids. The sofa "couch" was extremely small and it was really a single sized mattress for the sofa so if you have kids over 8 years of age it will only suit one child. My kids 7 and 5 did "tops and tails" and we got a baby cot for our 2.5 year old. The master bedroom is upstairs in the loft area so while you have a separate space, it is still open to the down stairs section. Therefore watching a tv could be difficult when the kids go to bed. There is a great balcony so my husband and I ate out there and had a drink when the kids when to sleep so it was nice to have this area to use. The room was spacious for our family but if you had older kids you would need to get a different room. Space would become an issue. The bathroom was very large and was clean and lovely. The down stairs furniture was fine but is in need of a refurb.
The variety of pools was great. My kids loved playing in all of the pools and playing on the beach. My husband and oldest son hired surf boards a few times and had a great time but it was extremely expensive. The KC was fantastic ( we visited it once) and the kids asked to go but we ran out of time during the day to actually use it. I think if we were there for more than 3 nights we would have accessed it more. The staff here seemed friendly and there was a great shallow pool and cubby house within the KC.
The two restaurants serving breakfast was great. There was a variety of cereals, fresh juices, fruit, pastries, breads, condiments, eggs, baked beans, tomatoes, pancakes, waffles and the like. There was also a lots of these available and never ran out. There were other Asian dishes available but as I did not know these so I can't inform of what these were. Staff were friendly and efficient. We all enjoyed our meals here. Breakfast was included within our package. Other restaurants within the hotel seemed to have a large variety of items on the menu, however all items were way over priced. We ended up eating out (there are a variety of places at the Jimbaran corner shopping centre) a lot and even with a cab fare, it was a lot cheaper then eating in. Grocer and grind have a take away menu that they can deliver to the hotel so get this and order in. It will save you a heap of money. If your looking for a special occasion place to eat, go to Balique opposite the hotel.
We loved our experience at the Intercontinental and would come back again at the same time of the year. I don't know if our experience would be as good in peak season as the hotel is massive.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Alamaine
Stephane D, Manager at INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Dear Alamaine,

Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

My husband, our 8-month old baby and I stayed here for two nights. The grounds are beautiful - expansive and meticulously maintained. But the rooms are showing their age; bathrooms are in need of a gut reno. Pillows smelled of mildew. Service ranged from fantastic (the priority club guest services staff who checked us in and helped us switch rooms upon us discovering a large number of wasps hovering around our balcony) to grumpy (bellhop) to unhelpful (concierge who had never heard of, and could not direct us to, a particular popular nearby restaurant that we had sourced). Vacationing with an infant meant that we had to spend more time in the room than we otherwise would have. That being the case, if we had to do it again, we would have stayed somewhere newer, such as Le Meridien.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank saywhatsreal

Dear saywhatsreal,

Thank you for taking the time to post about your recent stay. I regret to hear that you found our rooms and service is not up to your standard. Please be advised that your comment regarding the those two points has been duly noted and we will take this into consideration when we evaluate our standards. I do hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you again to the Resort on future travels to the island of Bali.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed here in April 2012 for three nights in the club room.

The hotel is fantastic, the drinks and food are excellent and the service and staff are faultless.

The club room offers an exceptional level of service and the cocktails are worth the extra alone!

Would highly recommend.

Room Tip: If you can stretch to it then the club rooms are worth the extra!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear HL0011,

Thank you for sharing details about your recent stay. I am delighted to hear that you consider your time with us to be one of your best holiday experiences ever. It is pleasing to know that our Club Room and facilities anticipated all of your relaxation needs. Should future travels bring you back to the island, we certainly look forward to welcoming you back to InterContinental Bali Resort

Reviewed March 14, 2013

After a rather taxing voyage on the South China Sea and the South Pacific we landed in Paradise.
The resort is located on a huge well maintained piece of land facing the Indian Ocean. There is not one bad thing I can come up with. The staff are very friendly and always helpful. The concierge in every wing is ever present and waiting to assist, whether in figuring out how to use the espresso machine or locating the shoes my husband misplaced. The many pools and ponds give such tranquil feel to the place. The restaurants are first class and my favourite spot, the Sunset Bar, is magical at sunset time. I would go back in a heartbeat if I could get "beamed up" instead of a 20 hour flight.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Zsiga,

Greetings from InterContinental Bali Resort!

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on our Resort based on your recent family holiday.

I am delighted to hear that your time with us was a most enjoyable experience. With its white sand beach and spectacular sunsets, Jimbaran is the perfect spot for families to relax in style.

We pride ourselves on catering to the personal needs of all travellers and providing service that comes from the heart. Once again, thank you for your positive feedback. I hope that you will consider staying with us again on future travels to the island of Bali.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed for one week at the Intercontinental Bali resort. We booked the transportation by the Hotel from the Airport. The receptin at the Hotel as an Ambassador was amazing. Very good. We were in a Uluwatu suite which is very nice in square meters.
But there are some remarks which are not to us, but also to other customers very disturbing.
They say they have a business lounge solely for their executive rooms and suites. But to enter this business lounge you only have to mention your room to somebody at the door. They don`t allways ask you. So to come for one place in this big complex to the other side customers who don`t belong there just pass through. Nobody of the staff takes a note of this. It happens all day.
There is also a special swimming pool for the executive rooms with Cabanas but customers from the other rooms just use this because it is more quiet. There are two types of coloured towels. On this you can see that they don`t belong on this spot.
After complining about it and no Cabanas avaible they asked for room numbers but just occasionally.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear sabai77Pijnacker,

Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent stay. I regret to hear that you were disappointed with your Club experience and I appreciate that you highlighted the areas of your concern. Some of your observations are clearly not the standards of our service for Club Room's Guest. Your comments have been duly noted and I will be personally following up on all of the service issues that were raised.

Best Regards

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We were in Bali on a two-day cruise ship stop and decided to stay on shore rather than tendering each day. Best decision ever. This hotel resort is a visual delight. We spent about 30 minutes just walking the grounds looking at the various fountains and water features. The hotel is beachfront so you have choices (pool or ocean). We were picked up at the ship in Benoa by Webee, our driver from Drivers of Distinction and after a full day of touring we arrived at the hotel around 8 pm. Webee had recommended one of the beachfront restaurants Warang just a few steps along the beach from the hotel. As Ambassador members we were upgraded but I'm sure every room at this resort would be lovely. We also enjoyed a Balinese massage (they have several types of massage to choose from). If you book any spa treatements be sure to go early to enjoy the hot tub, steam room, sauna and cold plunge pool! The breakfast buffet was extensive and delicious. Try the freshly made smoothies!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear HappyCanadian13,

Greetings from InterContinental Bali Resort!

Thank you for sharing your thoughts regarding your recent stay. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and that it proved to a most relaxing experience.

I hope that your next visit to the island of Bali brings you back to our Resort on the shores of Jimbaran Bay.

Resort Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jimbaran
RIMBA Jimbaran BALI by AYANA
#20 of 147 in Seminyak
AYANA Resort and Spa
AYANA Resort and Spa
#13 of 57 in Jimbaran

Been to INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort? Share your experiences!