A beautiful hotel situated on a very nice part of Jimbaran beach. We upgraded to the Club rooms which were really lovely and the fact that happy hour drinks / cocktails were included in our room package were a fantastic way to watch sunset etc. The staff in this hotel are what make it. They are just superb! This hotel is very established with beautiful gardens. It is a very impressive property.
A couple of pieces of advice - lunch in the hotel is stupidly expensive. We would go across the road to the Royal Bali Beach club and have lunch for less than half the price. And the Nasi Goreng and Mee Goreng at the Royal Bali was far superior than the Intercontinental.
You must must try dinner at the Japanese restaurant in the Intercon. This is our 2nd time to the Intercon and first to the teppinyaki restaurant. It was superb. They were having a promotion, which made us try it, and it was just lovely.
A small gripe was the fact that people seem to ignore the fact that the club pool is not for children. I think that management should enforce this rule a little more or don't make it a 'marketing' point for the club pool. We wanted to get away from the main pool and the many screaming children, so we were upsold the Club rooms as the Club pool is supposed to be child free. Well, they weren't!
Whilst this hotel is outstanding it is very family friendly. As such we won't be going back to stay there as it isn't really a tranquil place for couples. That said I don't want to take away from how wonderful the property and staff are. It's just not suited to a romantic / couples holiday in Bali.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blessed by an endless stretch of white sand beach overlooking the tranquil waters of Jimbaran Bay, InterContinental Bali Resort features 417 guest rooms in three unique levels of accommodation. The property embraces a 14 hectare tropical landscape that is a blend of indigenous flora, gentle waterways and stone statues reflecting the island’s artistic heritage. There are six swimming pools, Planet Trekkers children’s resort, a fitness centre and plenty of recreational activities to keep guests occupied throughout the day. Spa Uluwatu is a dedicated healing and beauty facility for individual sessions, while the exclusive Villa Retreats promises indulging spa packages for couples. A superb choice of restaurant venues makes every dining experience an adventure in culinary excellence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Bali Hotel Jimbaran
- Intercontinental Hotel Bali
- Intercontinental Hotel Jimbaran
- Bali Intercontinental
- INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort Jimbaran