“Fab restaurant”

Balique Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 257 Restaurants in Jimbaran
Cuisines: Asian, European, Indonesian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Balique is an original eatery found in the relaxed fishing village of Jimbaran, in stunning southern Bali, now home to outstanding world-class resorts and villas. This traditional seaside village and Balique suit each other harmoniously, as Balique pays homage to all the best of the Indonesian archipelago under its whirring fan-open style roof, in both the style and cuisine stakes. If you appreciate an authentic step into the past in stunning surroundings teemed with objets d’art, as well as a delicious menu, fabulous cocktails as well as an extensive affordable wine list – you have arrived home.And for sure, the warm décor along with the charming team of staff will make sure you completely feel at home here – welcome to the amazing world that is Balique and allow yourself to forget the fast, modern world outside, and be at peace in a bygone era of pure sensuality.
Hampshire, United Kingdom
“Fab restaurant”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

We visited this restaurant after TA reviews for our last night in Bali and were so glad we did.
The food was amazing, especially the coriander meatballs and the nasi goreng!!
Staff were great, friendly welcoming and took the trouble to find out our names and addressed us by them.
Great atmosphere and lovely interior.
Highly recommended and reasonable cost.
Sadly no room for desert!!!!

• Visited March 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Wallan, Australia
“lunch, dinner and drinks”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

This restaurant is a must. Done up amazingly, great staff, most amazing food and service. The steak for dinner was to die for, accompioned by three differnet sauces for taste.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank 924clintr
Perth
“Xmas day”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Had a very ordinary experience here Xmas day which was v disappointing with family from denpasar. The staff were totally burnt out and unhappy including the kitchen, which totally reflected in the food on the day which was cr...p , i relayed this to the manager who offered us free deserts which with the exception of the tasteless cheese cake ( not using cream cheese) were awesome all things considered it was a pretty dreary Xmas day for the above reasons you can only play so much frank Sinatra and rely on the ambiance of the place to carry it of sorry but about as much style as a rat with a gold tooth xmas day 2013

• Visited December 2013
Singapore
“Good Food, Wonderful Ambiance”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Balique was recommneded by my husband's colleague and we ate there tonight. It was right across (well, almost) Intercontinental where we are staying so it was very convenient. The food was mediterranean. I wasn't very hungry so I ordered the Mezze Platter which was good. I just found it odd why it was served with rustic toast bread rather than pita which they served together with my husband's couscous. But other than that, the hummus was tasty, baba ganoush was nice and the kofta came dipped in a tomato sauce.

My husband's leg of lamb was great. I am always a bit careful when ordering lamb because it sometimes comes with the "lamb smell" indicating the lamb is rather mature but this one was nice and tender. The flavor of the dish was nicely balanced, nothing too overwhelming but the flavors are all well represented. The couscous was a great complement to the stew.

We had the chocolate souffle for dessert and it came with a nice scoop of vanilla ice cream with sliced almonds. A good finish.

What I find outstanding is the decor. It feels nice, rustic and authentic. Dont' miss the rest room, as no details were spared there too.

Overall, very good, we will return when we are in Bali again.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Red_Yarn
Bali
“When A Good Food Meet A Good Design and Good People”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I have been living in Bali for 4 years, and been to many restaurants and taste a lot of different food, from local food, international until fusion food.

And last week I was so stress and tired from work, and fortunately my friend asked me for dinner. But when he told me that the restaurant is in Jimbaran, I was like " Oh God! Too far"!

I drove my bike all the way from my work at Sanur to Jimbaran, and then when I got to the restaurant, I was like "WOW" I felt like home. The building is Javanese old building called "Joglo", and when I came in, the interior even made me more amazed. What a brilliant combination between old Javanese Building and vintage design in it.

My experience did not finish in to the design only, the food (I choose Thai Beef Curry) was amazing! The spices was perfectly match with my Asian tongue. Trust me, that time, I did not speak to my friends when I ate my dinner. Too good!!

And also, the staff (Especially the manager) came to us and we spoken about the foods and seemed never end. She has passion on food!

After all...I only can say " YOU MUST TRY"

• Visited February 2014