“When A Good Food Meet A Good Design and Good People”
Review of Balique Restaurant

Balique Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 252 Restaurants in Jimbaran
Cuisines: Asian, European, Indonesian
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Balique is an original eatery found in the relaxed fishing village of Jimbaran, in stunning southern Bali, now home to outstanding world-class resorts and villas. This traditional seaside village and Balique suit each other harmoniously, as Balique pays homage to all the best of the Indonesian archipelago under its whirring fan-open style roof, in both the style and cuisine stakes. If you appreciate an authentic step into the past in stunning surroundings teemed with objets d’art, as well as a delicious menu, fabulous cocktails as well as an extensive affordable wine list – you have arrived home.And for sure, the warm décor along with the charming team of staff will make sure you completely feel at home here – welcome to the amazing world that is Balique and allow yourself to forget the fast, modern world outside, and be at peace in a bygone era of pure sensuality.
Bali
“When A Good Food Meet A Good Design and Good People”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I have been living in Bali for 4 years, and been to many restaurants and taste a lot of different food, from local food, international until fusion food.

And last week I was so stress and tired from work, and fortunately my friend asked me for dinner. But when he told me that the restaurant is in Jimbaran, I was like " Oh God! Too far"!

I drove my bike all the way from my work at Sanur to Jimbaran, and then when I got to the restaurant, I was like "WOW" I felt like home. The building is Javanese old building called "Joglo", and when I came in, the interior even made me more amazed. What a brilliant combination between old Javanese Building and vintage design in it.

My experience did not finish in to the design only, the food (I choose Thai Beef Curry) was amazing! The spices was perfectly match with my Asian tongue. Trust me, that time, I did not speak to my friends when I ate my dinner. Too good!!

And also, the staff (Especially the manager) came to us and we spoken about the foods and seemed never end. She has passion on food!

After all...I only can say " YOU MUST TRY"

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank MetsPlace

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Perth, Australia
“What happened to my margarita?”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Ate at Balique on the 2nd or 3rd night of 7 day Bali holiday with wife and 3 kids. Conveniently located in Jimbaran, quite funkily interior decorated, relatively quite night in late January. Ordered margaritas and found mine was riddled with insects so sent back. Replacement was minus alcohol! They must have been low on tequila and cointreau. Food was ok but not memorable, wait staff were attentive.

• Visited January 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“Exquisite dining experience”
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

We went for our valentine dinner and what we found was more than just dinner experience. The interior was so homey and it felt like we were brought back to our childhood era.

The food was great, friendly staff, and nice enviroment.

Two big thumbs up !!!!!

Tanjung Pandan, Indonesia
“average food, good interior”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

The restaurant have a good interior and old style design. Location is opposite intercontinental resort.
We dine in twice, once for lunch and once for dinner.

The food is quite okay actually. We have nasi campur and seared salmon for lunch. The salmon is nicely seared with crispy skin and moist, hovewer the nasi campur is over rated, just okay. Since its hot, We ask some more ice cube for our drinks. The waiter give us a glass full of ice cube, and we saw few ants on the ice cube. Not really paying attention on hygiene i think.

At night we try the fried rice and picata milanese, and have a below average food, the rice for fried rice is to watery and soft (i think the right word for it in indonesian is 'lembek / benyek'), the accompanying satay is thankfully good with delicious peanut sauce but still, the satay should be grilled rather than fried, thats the way how satay should be served, grilled. Period.
The picata milanese is actually quite good and delicious, but to bad they overcooked it and the bottom side is burnt and black. to bad.

Good point for dinner is, the lighting create a nice ambience.... and they have free crackers on the table.

For the price, its quite okay based on other restaurant near jimbaran, but a lil bit too much compared to other restaurant on seminyak or kuta

• Visited February 2014
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Great atmosphere”
Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

How great is this restaurant the ambiance is perfect it makes you feel comfortable and a good choice of relaxing music. The food is delicious and melts in your mouth. Its a mix of all kind of food European meets Asian food :)
My big big compliments for this restaurant a must go if you are in Bali