“GREAT FIND AMBIENCE PLUS”
Review of Balique Restaurant

Balique Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 293 Restaurants in Jimbaran
Cuisines: Asian, European, Indonesian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Balique is an original eatery found in the relaxed fishing village of Jimbaran, in stunning southern Bali, now home to outstanding world-class resorts and villas. This traditional seaside village and Balique suit each other harmoniously, as Balique pays homage to all the best of the Indonesian archipelago under its whirring fan-open style roof, in both the style and cuisine stakes. If you appreciate an authentic step into the past in stunning surroundings teemed with objets d’art, as well as a delicious menu, fabulous cocktails as well as an extensive affordable wine list – you have arrived home.And for sure, the warm décor along with the charming team of staff will make sure you completely feel at home here – welcome to the amazing world that is Balique and allow yourself to forget the fast, modern world outside, and be at peace in a bygone era of pure sensuality.
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Staying nearby and walked into this chic restaurant, the staff were friendly and spoke good English. They were quick to serve and the drinks were bought out immediately followed by the food a short time later. Reasonable price and after two visits found the calamri pepes CamI, was simply delish and worth the taste, I agree it was like a Parisian cafe of old in Paris.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,419)

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Love the interior - vintage paraphernalia - and love the colour scheme, soothing. The food was always OK, not cheap, sometimes bland.
But the real problem's service. No one greeted me when I arrived at the restaurant and every time we wanted to ask the servers about the things on the menu we had to wait.. The servers were not attentive tho they're nice.
Been to this place several times, but I don't see the improvement. Too bad.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Very cool "plantation" setting, good service, the Illy coffee and white sangria were excellent, and the best thing we had on the menu was the snapper entree...great sauce. Not super cheap, but still a great value for what you get.

1  Thank DuckFan
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Good Indonesian food, delicious mezze and tapas :). The atmosphere nice,but very long service. We waited 45 mins for fried rice & sauted chicken. When we entered the restaurant no one greeted us for 5mins. Servers are really nice but it just takes too long to eat there.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

I couldn't rave more about this place. I recently got married in Bali and had 64 attendees, whom of which I invited to my rehearsal dinner in this most amazing location. Sandra was the dream manager who helped me out with just about everything to make this a night to remember. I couldn't have chosen a better menu, which included everything from lobster bisque, chicken sate, shrimp, filet, and a huge favorite coconut panacotta. Everybody was impressed and full by the the time the speeches and slideshow began. The staff was very helpful and we just loved their overalls that they wore. The decor was more than impressive and I can't wait to get our photos back from the professional photographer. When I return to Bali from America, I will definitely make this place a MUST REVISIT on my list. Thank you Balique for all of your efforts to making this one of my dream nights!!! I recommend this place to just about everybody who wants great food, service, quality, ambience, and a special place to remember.