“Good Indonesian food, slow service”
Review of Balique Restaurant

Balique Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 252 Restaurants in Jimbaran
Cuisines: Asian, European, Indonesian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Balique is an original eatery found in the relaxed fishing village of Jimbaran, in stunning southern Bali, now home to outstanding world-class resorts and villas. This traditional seaside village and Balique suit each other harmoniously, as Balique pays homage to all the best of the Indonesian archipelago under its whirring fan-open style roof, in both the style and cuisine stakes. If you appreciate an authentic step into the past in stunning surroundings teemed with objets d’art, as well as a delicious menu, fabulous cocktails as well as an extensive affordable wine list – you have arrived home.And for sure, the warm décor along with the charming team of staff will make sure you completely feel at home here – welcome to the amazing world that is Balique and allow yourself to forget the fast, modern world outside, and be at peace in a bygone era of pure sensuality.
Singapore, Singapore
“Good Indonesian food, slow service”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Good Indonesian food, delicious mezze and tapas :). The atmosphere nice,but very long service. We waited 45 mins for fried rice & sauted chicken. When we entered the restaurant no one greeted us for 5mins. Servers are really nice but it just takes too long to eat there.

• Visited October 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, California
“My Rehearsal Dinner Location”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I couldn't rave more about this place. I recently got married in Bali and had 64 attendees, whom of which I invited to my rehearsal dinner in this most amazing location. Sandra was the dream manager who helped me out with just about everything to make this a night to remember. I couldn't have chosen a better menu, which included everything from lobster bisque, chicken sate, shrimp, filet, and a huge favorite coconut panacotta. Everybody was impressed and full by the the time the speeches and slideshow began. The staff was very helpful and we just loved their overalls that they wore. The decor was more than impressive and I can't wait to get our photos back from the professional photographer. When I return to Bali from America, I will definitely make this place a MUST REVISIT on my list. Thank you Balique for all of your efforts to making this one of my dream nights!!! I recommend this place to just about everybody who wants great food, service, quality, ambience, and a special place to remember.

Melbourne, Australia
“Worth a visit”
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

This is an unpretentious restaurant that has some good food at reasonable prices. It is not your stuffy fine dining, kind of place but the food is pretty good and the place has a friendly vibe. I liked the hundreds of fans on the high roof and the nice light fittings. When you look around you realize that so much of the decor has been chosen with care and a decorators eye. I ate there three times and on one occasion I thought the service was way too slow, but perhaps I need to slow down more myself and get into holiday mode a bit more quickly. I can say they did the best mie goreng with satay chicken I have had anywhere in Bali.

Visited September 2013
Singapore, Singapore
“Our best meal in Bali”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Went to Balique twice when in Bali and loved it. Its a charming place close to the Intercontinental which serves both Balinese and Western food. The place has an unhurried feel to it, inline with its location in a relatively quiet part of Bali. The seating is comfortable and the management encourages you to lounge around for as long as you like.

Would definitely recommend it if you plan to stay around Jimbaran.

• Visited September 2013
“best restaurant in jimbaran! lovely furniture, amazing food and excellent service!”
Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

i have been to balique twice and loved it there. the roomdecor/furniture is special,pretty and chosen with love. the atmosphere is beautiful, cozy and relaxing. but most important for a restaurant is the food, i know. my veggie plate was excellent and my boyfriends filet mignon just as good. for me one of the best restaurants in south bali. p.s. you should check the ladies restroom :)!