“Nice restaurant in Jimbaran”
Review of Balique Restaurant

Balique Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 266 Restaurants in Jimbaran
Cuisines: Asian, European, Indonesian
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Balique is an original eatery found in the relaxed fishing village of Jimbaran, in stunning southern Bali, now home to outstanding world-class resorts and villas. This traditional seaside village and Balique suit each other harmoniously, as Balique pays homage to all the best of the Indonesian archipelago under its whirring fan-open style roof, in both the style and cuisine stakes. If you appreciate an authentic step into the past in stunning surroundings teemed with objets d’art, as well as a delicious menu, fabulous cocktails as well as an extensive affordable wine list – you have arrived home.And for sure, the warm décor along with the charming team of staff will make sure you completely feel at home here – welcome to the amazing world that is Balique and allow yourself to forget the fast, modern world outside, and be at peace in a bygone era of pure sensuality.
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We returned to Adelaide, Australia last Saturday 13 July after having spent 2 weeks in a private villa in Jimbaran. There is not a lot of eating places close by so we visited Balique twice. The first time the food was lovely, the service was excellent and the it was very well priced. The first visit my husband and I chose the Nasi Campur which is like a tasting plate of Indonesian food and I can recommend this. My children aged 11 and 14 chose the meatballs and the calamari, both of which were excellent. The restaurant is very clean including the bathroom, the decor is beautiful and very unusual. The second visit we went as a group of 14 for my daughter's birthday and the restaurant was very busy and the service was a lot slower but still acceptable. My Nasi Campur was not as nice but still enjoyable, the chicken was really dry which let the plate down. My husband chose a chicken curry which was delicious. This time my youngest daughter's meatballs were not cooked through so she only ate half, which was a bit disappointing. The smaller children ordered from a children;s menu which was good, western food. One of the older children ordered a pizza which was good but the proscuitto still had the rind on it, this is a minor point. They did organise a special birthday plate for my daughter, with Happy Birthday written on the plate in chocolate with a candle, dimmed the restaurant lights and sang Happy Birthday to her which was very appreciated. The female host, she may be the owner, was a lovely attentive woman. Overall, I would definitely recommend this restaurant for Jimbaran and it was way better than the seafood restaurant we went to at Jimbaran Bay which was terrible, but I couldn't say it is worth a trip from other parts of Bali.

There are newer reviews for Balique Restaurant

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We went twice during our stay in Jimbaran. The first time (Friday night) the food was great and the atmosphere was fun.

We returned on Sunday night and it was pretty empty. Food wasn't as good the second time and the service was slow despite the place being fairly empty.

I would certainly recommend it if you're near Jimbaran.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Cool looking place. But speed in service is turtle slow. Go just for drinks unless you have 3 hours. Restaurant was full but all with reservations so they knew what was coming and should have been more prepared. Wait staff was great, smiles all around but no food was coming out of the kitchen. I was not offered non smoking when reservations were made but was able to change tables. Fodd was nothing to write home about. I guess the idea is... our customers are all tourists, it doesn't matter if we perform just get them in the door and we make money.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

This is truly a gem of a restaurant in Bali. The food was honestly some of the best I have ever had, the thai calamari salad and chocolate souffle deserve special mention. The steak sandwich was also divine. 100% go here if you are in Bali. The decor and style of this restaurant is enough alone. Excellent staff also.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

After reading reviews of this restaurant I had my hopes set very high but was somewhat disappointed with the overall experience. We came as a family of four to have dinner and was ushered to a table before the waiter promptly disappeared without giving us any menus to browse. Luckily I was able to locate them on a table in the restaurant after some reconnaissance. Ordering the main was somewhat straightforward, but the waiting staff messed up our order and did not deliver one of the desserts despite waiting over twenty minutes for it. Thinking that they had inadvertently omitted it from the order I asked for a final bill and was annoyed that they wanted to charge me for a dessert that never came.

I have to commend the restaurant for its overall ambience but wish they had staff who are better trained. I just want service and efficiency, not friendly and smiley! 2 out of 5 stars, no more.