“great setting on the beach”

Jimbaran Beach Club (JBC)
Ranked #82 of 283 Restaurants in Jimbaran
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Jimbaran Beach Club (JBC) is your all-day long haven to relax in Bali. We have a perfect location on the Jimbaran Bay, with a fantastic view on the Indian Ocean. The beach here is quiet and authentic, ideal for swimming. You will also love JBC's Mediterranean menu, prepared by our team of experienced chefs. We are open from early morning, with a healthy and organic breakfast, to dinner. Happy Sunset Hours from 4pm to 7pm.
Reviewed December 14, 2013

the food, drinks and service here are very good and the slightly higher prices reflect that. the restaurants sits on the sand with a thatch roof which really gives a beach dining experience. add to that the sea breeze cooling you down while you look out at the ocean. we visited for lunch but im guessing dinner with a sunset would be pretty special

Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

We spent the afternoon yesterday at the JBC. At first we sat in one of the day beds and had a Bintang. It was a particularly hot day and there was no breeze...I was ready to leave for our aircon in the villa. We though we would try the inside dining area first. So glad we did. The overhead fans and the water misting turned an uncomfortable day into a great place to hang out. We ordered a pizza each from the menu and it arrived very promptly and tasted just fine. We kicked back on the comfortable lounge drank a few beers and watched the people in the surf and the planes at the airport. Friendly staff and tasty food though a tad more expensive than some places did not break the bank.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Beautiful locating and nicely appointed, however it is overpriced, very slow service, individual meals came out at different times, food was not great, we ate there twice and it was the same both times, I would not go back,

KKB_Management, Manager at Jimbaran Beach Club (JBC), responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2014

Dear Clive928,

Thank you for your review of the Jimbaran Beach Club. I am sorry that your experience was disappointing, and I will work with my team to improve the quality of our services and our food.

JBC is the result of a partnership with the local fisherman community of Jimbaran, and the hotel Kupu Kupu Jimbaran. We only employ members of the fisherman community in the beach club, except for the manager and the Chef. Most of them didn't have a strong background in F&B and we have trained them from scratch. I reckon we still have work to do and I am sorry the service was not up to standards when you visited us.

Regarding the prices of the beach club, we are indeed more expensive that a normal restaurant. This is partly due to the location, but also because the operating costs of running a beach club are higher than that of a normal restaurant (higher rental price, equipment damaged more quickly, some rainy days with no revenue, extra services like towels etc...).

Yet, our prices are still much more affordable than the Four Seasons or the Intercontinental (about half cheaper) while the view on the sunset is the same. We are also quite competitive compared to other seafood restaurants, which I know are far from offering the same quality of food as we do.

Even though you mentioned you wouldn't visit us again, I do hope that you will change your mind and give us another try. We have changed the menu in November to include more seafood and we've introduced some pizzas as well.

Warmest regards from Jimbaran,

Thibaud

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Dined here twice over the course of a week. During the day the food seemed overpriced for what was available nearby but it was a pleasant location to watch the beach crowd.

Second visit was at night and a more romantic atmosphere with the lights hanging off the trees however with few other patrons would have expected better service. The staff don't portrait a friendly attitude.

Food was not outstanding but very nice and value for money compared to the beach BBQ seafood restaurants where everything is grilled to death and unable to see what we are eating.

Dear Whakat1k1,

Thank you for visiting JBC twice and for your review about your experience there. I take note that you found our food to be very nice and value for money.

I am sorry though that you didn't find the staff to be friendly and I will do my best to improve this point. As I mentioned in other replies to comments, JBC is the result of a partnership between the local fisherman community, and the hotel Kupu Kupu Jimbaran. For this reason, we only employ staff from this community, from which only a few had a prior background in hospitality/F&B. This is not an excuse though, and we will continue to make training to our staff to avoid the kind of disappointing experience you had.

Again, please accept my apologies if the service was not up to your standards. I hope we will have the chance to welcome you again and serve you better.

Best regards,

Thibaud

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Food, view and service are outstanding, though not cheap. Especially at high tide it is a unique experience making pictures of air-planes that seem to land on the heads of the surfers...