“Disapointing” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jimbaran Beach Club (JBC)

Jimbaran Beach Club (JBC)
Ranked #62 of 246 Restaurants in Jimbaran
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Romantic, Scenic view, Bar scene
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Jimbaran Beach Club (JBC) is your all-day long haven to relax in Bali. We have a perfect location on the Jimbaran Bay, with a fantastic view on the Indian Ocean. The beach here is quiet and authentic, ideal for swimming. You will also love JBC's Mediterranean menu, prepared by our team of experienced chefs. We are open from early morning, with a healthy and organic breakfast, to dinner. Happy Sunset Hours from 4pm to 7pm.
Sydney, Australia
“Disapointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

Beautiful locating and nicely appointed, however it is overpriced, very slow service, individual meals came out at different times, food was not great, we ate there twice and it was the same both times, I would not go back,

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
KKB_Management, Manager at Jimbaran Beach Club (JBC), responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Dear Clive928,

Thank you for your review of the Jimbaran Beach Club. I am sorry that your experience was disappointing, and I will work with my team to improve the quality of our services and our food.

JBC is the result of a partnership with the local fisherman community of Jimbaran, and the hotel Kupu Kupu Jimbaran. We only employ members of the fisherman community in the beach club, except for the manager and the Chef. Most of them didn't have a strong background in F&B and we have trained them from scratch. I reckon we still have work to do and I am sorry the service was not up to standards when you visited us.

Regarding the prices of the beach club, we are indeed more expensive that a normal restaurant. This is partly due to the location, but also because the operating costs of running a beach club are higher than that of a normal restaurant (higher rental price, equipment damaged more quickly, some rainy days with no revenue, extra services like towels etc...).

Yet, our prices are still much more affordable than the Four Seasons or the Intercontinental (about half cheaper) while the view on the sunset is the same. We are also quite competitive compared to other seafood restaurants, which I know are far from offering the same quality of food as we do.

Even though you mentioned you wouldn't visit us again, I do hope that you will change your mind and give us another try. We have changed the menu in November to include more seafood and we've introduced some pizzas as well.

Warmest regards from Jimbaran,

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Wellington, New Zealand
“Paying for the Location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

Dined here twice over the course of a week. During the day the food seemed overpriced for what was available nearby but it was a pleasant location to watch the beach crowd.

Second visit was at night and a more romantic atmosphere with the lights hanging off the trees however with few other patrons would have expected better service. The staff don't portrait a friendly attitude.

Food was not outstanding but very nice and value for money compared to the beach BBQ seafood restaurants where everything is grilled to death and unable to see what we are eating.

• Visited August 2013
Dear Whakat1k1,

Thank you for visiting JBC twice and for your review about your experience there. I take note that you found our food to be very nice and value for money.

I am sorry though that you didn't find the staff to be friendly and I will do my best to improve this point. As I mentioned in other replies to comments, JBC is the result of a partnership between the local fisherman community, and the hotel Kupu Kupu Jimbaran. For this reason, we only employ staff from this community, from which only a few had a prior background in hospitality/F&B. This is not an excuse though, and we will continue to make training to our staff to avoid the kind of disappointing experience you had.

Again, please accept my apologies if the service was not up to your standards. I hope we will have the chance to welcome you again and serve you better.

Best regards,

Landgraaf, Limburg, Netherlands
“Great place for the view and the excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

Food, view and service are outstanding, though not cheap. Especially at high tide it is a unique experience making pictures of air-planes that seem to land on the heads of the surfers...

Visited June 2013
Jimbaran, Indonesia
“Nice view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

The Jimbaran Beach Club is a nice place to relax.
There is a nice view over the bay, beach and you can even see the airplanes land and take off when the wind comes from east directions.
The menu is not really big, but there are enough choice.
You can sit inside or outside and there you have the choice of chairs ore daybeds.
The staff is friendly and try to understand you even when you are not good in English,.

• Visited July 2013
“Not worth it”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

Nice view but the food was below average. Even the french fries was poor - service was OK. We tried the sandwiches an none of them was worth the prize.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
KKB_Management, Gérant at Jimbaran Beach Club (JBC), responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Dear Mac-at-Tripad,

Thank you for your visit of the Jimbaran Beach Club. I am sorry to read that you didn't enjoy your meal with us. We have made some changes in our team and our menu since your comment, and in particular we've introduced a lot more seafood dishes. If you happen to come to Jimbaran again, I hope you can give us another try and taste the changes. Do not hesitate to contact me directly as well so that I can make sure that everything is fine (thibaud at kupubarong dot com).

Best regards,