“We left...”

Description: Fresh Seafood, Special Grilled
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“We left...”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

The place is off course the traditional sea food with a view trap. I have been there before and the food it totally mainstream and not very exiting. One size fits all side order - no matter if its lobster or seabass of Groupa. This time around we picked a lobster and a groupa , planning to share it. The place it very focused on rounding up customers from the parking lot end to the beach side. Cleary the kitchen cant keep up with the constant stream of tourist coming to see the sunset thing. After having waited 40 minutes i got up to ask (our waiter had sunk into the grond after deleiviering our beers). After some confusion I was informed that our order was in the kitchen ????? Well thats an achievement in only 40 minutes - not! I paid for our beers and we left.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Peder D

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Palm Springs
“Nice setting, good value”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Can't beat the setting and the price wasn't too bad either. Really liked the BBQ clams and the snapper.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank DuckFan
Dublin, Ireland
“Great food! Fantastic atmosphere”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We spent two dinners on this place just by the ocean. The fish is very high quality and the atmosphere is just great. The price is a bit high for Indonesian standard but it still worth it.

Visited August 2013
SEA
“avoid like the plague...”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Jimbaran has always had the reputation for overcharging tourists for the bbq seafood. I heard that the govt was cleaning the area up but tourists beware, this is still happening. I highly recommend to order the seafood platter but please bare in mind that I think they use the lower quality seafood for the seafood platter which they will drown in sweet sauces.
In addition, please note that there are different prices for the same set menus... depending on how you look... For example, my friend and I accidentally found this out. My Indonesian friend asked to look for menus and was given one with a set menu for 2 persons for IDR 200,000. I had also asked separately for a menu in English and was given a different one where the same set menu costs IDR 350,000.
The service is very horrible as well. I think that the service staff may be earning from the sale of the drinks. As there was water included in the set menu, we did not order extra drinks, the waiter and waitress were not too happy and ignored us pretty much for the next 1.5 hrs while we were waiting for the food. When everyone else around us (whom came after us) got their food, we started to ask about our dinner, and the service staff just replied ok and when to check on other tables. Horrible experience... Now I remember why I don't go to Jimbaran. The view is not worth this experience. It's better just to take a walk down the beach during sunset then to put myself though this torture.

• Visited August 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good value food, very poor service”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I ate here with my family a couple of times. The food was decent quality and followed the same format as all other restaurants on Jimbaran beach. The prices are also all broadly the same. The service, however, was very slow on the second visit. It took over an hour to receive our order. On the second evening they were hosting a lot of visitors connected to tour groups and they appeared to be being served in preference to other customers. Whether this is actually the case or not, the speed of service seriously let them down. We went to Radja the following evening and were very pleased all round.

• Visited August 2013