“Wali Beach Cafe, Jimbaran”
Review of Wali Beach Cafe - CLOSED

Wali Beach Cafe
Cuisines: Seafood
Singapore, Singapore
“Wali Beach Cafe, Jimbaran”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

A quiet and quaint restaurant, my partner and I were the only diners there. Nice view with sampans fringing the beach.

Sambal Kangkong or water spinach/water morning glory/Chinese spinach/swamp cabbage in a light sauce was good.

Giant clams! These are so good, I cannot find similar ones back in Singapore. Seriously. The sauce is just right, a mixture of spicy, sweet, and sour. The clams are evenly cooked, not under or overcooked. It’s really, really good!

The squids are normal though. I don’t really fancy this dish

The crab was fresh, but I've tasted better.

Love the friendly waiter (maybe because he’s a friend's friend), the cleanliness, efficiency, ambiance, and view. The food however, is mediocre. I expected more, since this is a place where tourist visit frequently. With this amount, I could have more dishes in Oriental Chinese Food & Sea Food; they taste better too.

Learn more here: http://bonchjela.com/2012/12/09/wali-beach-cafe-jimbaran/

• Visited December 2012

• Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not up to standard”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We went there based on a blog review saying it's a nice, more affordable option compared to other restaurants at Jimbaran Bay which are very crowded. Well when we arrived the place was indeed very quiet - we were their first diners! We should've turned back right there and then but the welcome was pretty nice and we decided to give it a try.

We went for a set menu that costs around Rp. 250k per person which would indeed have been great value for money if the food quality was great. Unfortunately my snapper fish wasn't very fresh (the flesh wasn't firm to the bite) though my husband's fish was fine, the squid satays were way overcooked, the crab was served with an interesting choice of sweet & sour sauce which is probably not the best combination, the clams were so so and the taste drowned under the sauce they came with, and the prawns (shrimps more like) very small. My baby lobster was fine but my husband's one wasn't too fresh.

On to the drinks. Everywhere else in Bali we could always get wonderful, fresh juices. But not at this place. Firstly they only had orange and something else available out of the whole list. Then turns out these were not even fresh juices. They also gave us welcome drinks which came at the same time as our 'juices'. And these welcome drinks are... guess what... the combination of the two 'juices' they have! Lame.

In terms of atmosphere, it was too quiet because no one else was there. Later on more guests came but in general the restaurant was very quiet except for a group of dogs which I think belong to the restaurant. The puppies were running around and barking a lot, and I'm not too fond of dogs so that wasn't too nice.

On the whole the seafood quality wasn't that good, so was the cooking and the drinks and the atmosphere. We definitely won't be coming back here.

• Visited April 2013
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Waited 60mins for Cold BBQ Seafood”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

There was an upacara (ceremony) in the initial restaurant our guide was about to bring us, so he drop us here for food. We thought since we've came all the way, it shouldn't be too bad - but it was horrible. There were not many tables filled, but we had to wait 60mins. Expecting good food, but the food was served cold. Disappointment. Don't waste your time, especially those who came from a place where they serve good seafood. The pricing was high too! Overated

• Visited April 2013
Perth, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“dont waste your time!!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

went to wali beach cafe last week expecting it to be of similar quality to sharkeys. Terribly mistaken! service was appauling made worse by the fact the waiters were young with little to no english. they wieghed our food in front of us, so you get a pretty good idea of how much your going to get..but somehow thru the cooking process your food seems to shrink in quantity. We recieved half of our calamari (stone cold), my husband recieved his main (cold) and im still waiting for mine. You could say maybe it was a one of, but all people on our table had the same problem, some of them didnt get anything. So do yourself a favour and go elsewhere......
FOOD COLD
DRINKS HOT
SERVICE APPAULING
There is a guy selling fresh cooked hot buttered corn which was to die for! Hes making a killing

• Visited March 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Restaurant claiming to be Sharkeys!! Dont be fooled!!”
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Went to Jimbaran Bay looking for Sharkeys as recommended by a friend. Was told by taxi driver and people on beach theres no sharkeys anymore, some said it is now Wali cafe and some said it was closed. Went to Wali cafe asking for sharkeys, the girl rushed inside to get the owner who greeted us with 'Welcome to Sharkeys' and had a coaster in his hand with sharkey logo. The place was empty, he tried to convince us we were in the right place and said it closed 9 years ago and changed name. We stayed for 1 drink and realised it was a con, people near boats laughing with owner when I questioned about finding sharkeys. Paid for our drink and left, was absolutley disgusting.

Visited July 2012